Louisiana Fairytale trailer

Started by rusty95, Sep 01, 2011, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty95

Danny Clinch : Louisiana Fairytale Trailer

Wish I could get down to Market st. to check this out!
Anyone know when this will be available for viewing, other than a film fest?
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

e_wind

What do you mean about Market st viewing?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

rusty95

Sorry for responding late here's the tweet.

@mymorningjacket: "louisiana fairytale" plays tonight at the reel soundz film fest down off market st. in Louisville ky at 8:15. check it out!

Dude you don't get twitter updates damn?
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

e_wind

i know dammit i need to get on my twitter game
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jackets N Pones

Dang we saw them that day at Jazzfest but I couldn't get a ticket to this that evening! Still kicking myself that we didn't just wait outside for the parade!!!! Definitely hoping to purchase this doc at some point down the road...

TWTHS version from this show looks amazing, especially Bo on the keys.

My Morning Jacket and Preservation Hall Jazz Band - The Way That He Sings
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

weeniebeenie

I hope it gets officially released for the rest of us.
How loud can silence get?

robb

i was lucky enough to be able to catch this at bonnaroo this year and it's absolutely fantastic.  great version of dondante in the video.  can't wait until this gets a wider release.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

the_wizzard

Playing tomorrow night in Portland, OR  :D

bicyclejoe

I'm planning on going to the Portland show. You?

sweatboard

Quote from: robb on Sep 05, 2011, 07:12 AM
i was lucky enough to be able to catch this at bonnaroo this year and it's absolutely fantastic.  great version of dondante in the video.  can't wait until this gets a wider release.
There's Still Time.........

the_wizzard

Quote from: bicyclejoe on Oct 10, 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm planning on going to the Portland show. You?

Hell yes I will be there!  Vespa is going as well.

Fully

This film is going to play at the Santa Barbara Festival:

By Phil Gallo, Los Angeles Films about the Cowsills, the collaboration between My Morning Jacket and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and two Los Angeles record stores -- Rhino Records and Music Man Murray -- will be screened at the 27th Santa Barbara International Film Festival between Jan. 26 and Feb. 5.

Also making its world premiere is Sara Sugarman's "Vinyl, USA" about a 1980s rock band that caused a media frenzy in 2004 when the group made a comeback under the guise of an young punk band, much as the Alarm did when they released a single of "45 RPM" as the Poppyfields.

A music-themed scripted film, Ryan O'Nan's "The Brooklyn Brothers Beat the Best," chronicles two men on a dubious tour that may be their last shot at achieving their childhood dreams.

"Family Band: The Cowsills Story," directed by Bill Filipiak, Ian Boyles and Louise Palanker, documents the rise of the family of singers to stardom in the late 1960s. Cowsill siblings Bill, Bob, Paul, Barry, John and Susan, plus mom Barbara, scored with hits such as "The Rain, the Park and Other Things," "Indian Lake" and "Hair,"  providing the model for the TV series "The Partridge Family."

Danny Clinch's "Live at Preservation Hall: A Louisiana Fairytale" captures interaction with New Orleans's Preservation Hall Jazz Band and My Morning Jacket, culminating in an intimate live performance in the historic Preservation Hall.

"Rhino Resurrected," directed by Keith Shapiro, chronicles the idiosyncratic history of the storied Rhino Records, the creation of the Rhino label and its brief run as a pop-up store. Richard Parks' short "Music Man Murray" documents a rare record store in L.A. with more than 500,000 vinyl albums.

Daniel Fridell's "El Medico: The Cubaton Story" focuses on new musical sound coming from Cuba and the doctor who has become its voice.

evilurges86

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Sep 02, 2011, 12:22 PM
Dang we saw them that day at Jazzfest but I couldn't get a ticket to this that evening! Still kicking myself that we didn't just wait outside for the parade!!!! Definitely hoping to purchase this doc at some point down the road...

TWTHS version from this show looks amazing, especially Bo on the keys.

My Morning Jacket and Preservation Hall Jazz Band - The Way That He Sings

reason #585 why i love this forum. came across this video this morning on here, ive watched it at  least 5 times now. Thanks for sharing  :-*
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

Cameron

i was at the premier at sxsw and it's been stuck with me ever since.  i NEED the soundtrack!

Fully

I would just really like to see it. I know it was at 'roo this year, but there were too many other distractions. ::)

Jackets N Pones

When will this be available to purchase?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

BH

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Nov 30, 2012, 04:38 PM

No shit.   why put all that effort and production into it and then not sell a few copies?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Fully

Quote from: BH on Nov 30, 2012, 05:12 PM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Nov 30, 2012, 04:38 PM

No shit.   why put all that effort and production into it and then not sell a few copies?
Yeah, I would certainly purchase one.

johnnYYac

I just emailed Danny Clinch. I also had luck reaching someone through their Facebook page... last year.

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 13, 2011, 06:35 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Just got an email from Danny Clinch.  Looks like a DVD release is in the works.  He asked that I keep in touch sometime after the New Year, so will do.  Stay tuned...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.