Main Menu

TOOL

Started by woodnymph, Sep 23, 2011, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

austinpsychnut

Tool announced some dates in Jan. 2016 with Primus(!!!) opening.  Anyone going to try and make any of these shows?

01/09 – San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
01/13 – San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center
01/16 – Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center
01/17 – Grand Prairie, TX @ Verizon Theatre
01/19 – Southaven, MS @ Landers Center
01/23 – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
01/25 – Atlanta, GA @ Infinite Energy Center
01/26 – Charlotte, NC @ Bojangles Coliseum

I'll be going to either San Antonio or Grand Prairie.
"The music is killing me, the high and low fidelities are attacking my brain, and it's terrific."

raheuer

Quote from: austinpsychnut on Nov 17, 2015, 09:03 PM
Tool announced some dates in Jan. 2016 with Primus(!!!) opening.  Anyone going to try and make any of these shows?

I'm gonna try like hell to make it to Grand Prairie, but I think tickets start at like $95 or some such nonsense. I love Primus but nowhere near that much tbh.
It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

APR

Quote from: austinpsychnut on Nov 17, 2015, 09:03 PM

YES!!  But, I'm not sure which one yet.  I'm hoping they add a few in the gaps in their schedule and after Charlotte.

Mr. White

I'm going to see if my brother can snag some tickets for the 1/23/16 Nashville show (he lives down there).

Mr. White

Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 18, 2015, 05:02 PM
I'm going to see if my brother can snag some tickets for the 1/23/16 Nashville show (he lives down there).

Just confirmed with my brother. He's super excited and can get on Ticket Master (Bastard) at his work (I can't), so he'll be looking for the best seats available. Wish us luck tomorrow! TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APR

Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 19, 2015, 08:37 PM

Just confirmed with my brother. He's super excited and can get on Ticket Master (Bastard) at his work (I can't), so he'll be looking for the best seats available. Wish us luck tomorrow! TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did he get any tickets?  It was nearly impossible to get them on TM.

BH

Quote from: APR on Dec 17, 2015, 08:44 PM

I clicked split seconds into the STL sale and got nothing.   Refreshed for 40 minutes.   I just don't understand.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

APR

Quote from: BH on Dec 21, 2015, 05:35 PM
Quote from: APR on Dec 17, 2015, 08:44 PM

I clicked split seconds into the STL sale and got nothing.   Refreshed for 40 minutes.   I just don't understand.

I tried for a variety of cities right on time and couldn't pull anything.  Not even a single.  Tons of people got shut out and waited a long time for the TM site to stop spinning, etc.  I know there is a demand for Tool, but I think this sale was unusually messed up.

APR

dookie shoot bandit

Word is that Tool is gonna headline Governors Ball in NY!!!  :cheesy:

parkervb

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Dec 21, 2016, 09:38 PM
Word is that Tool is gonna headline Governors Ball in NY!!!  :cheesy:

word is bond
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Tool announced that shows will be announced next week.  I hope they spell out their whole tour instead of releasing dates in drips and drabs like they usually do.

parkervb

Show from Gov Ball. Pretty decent quality

Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 15, 2017, 12:17 PM

Wow.  That is unusually good Tool footage.  Thanks for posting. 

APR

They announced that they will be in Ohio in May for Rock in Range festival.  That should mean more shows around that time in that part of the US.  No way they put all their gear together and bring it out for one show.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: APR on Jun 16, 2017, 09:54 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 15, 2017, 12:17 PM

Wow.  That is unusually good Tool footage.  Thanks for posting. 

Looks like a pro shot it--Mynard deosn't allow pics/video/cell phones during shows
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

APR

Could this finally be the near for new material????  This is from an interview on Jan 17, 2018 with Overdrive:

http://www.overdrive.ie/interview-long-people-want-hear-music-well-keep-making-danny-carey-toollegend-seagullmen/

Scroll all the way down for this......

OD – Danny, where are we with the new Tool album? Can you give us an update?
DANNY – It's all coming together really well. We'll be hitting the studio again very soon and have a couple of gigs in May (Coachella Festival), so hopefully, we'll have the album out before that. It's wishful thinking at this point. I actually think I said that this time last year (laughing).

OD– Do you have a lot of material for the album?
DANNY – Yes, there's a lot of material that's already done so, we're looking to go into the studio pretty quickly here and off we go! Things are just rollin' along. We don't just hang about here in Hollywood, we are pretty much working all the time.

Jbpats

Quote from: APR on Jan 23, 2018, 05:02 PM
Could this finally be the near for new material????  This is from an interview on Jan 17, 2018 with Overdrive:

http://www.overdrive.ie/interview-long-people-want-hear-music-well-keep-making-danny-carey-toollegend-seagullmen/

DANNY – It's all coming together really well. We'll be hitting the studio again very soon and have a couple of gigs in May (Coachella Festival), so hopefully, we'll have the album out before that. It's wishful thinking at this point. I actually think I said that this time last year (laughing).

DANNY – Yes, there's a lot of material that's already done so, we're looking to go into the studio pretty quickly here and off we go! Things are just rollin' along. We don't just hang about here in Hollywood, we are pretty much working all the time.

strange quote since they're not in Coachella, a perfect circle is..
A perfect circle is coming out with a new album this year, Maynard confirmed it at the show I went to a few months ago in Boston.

APR

Quote from: Jbpats on Jan 26, 2018, 03:44 PM
Quote from: APR on Jan 23, 2018, 05:02 PM

strange quote since they're not in Coachella, a perfect circle is..
A perfect circle is coming out with a new album this year, Maynard confirmed it at the show I went to a few months ago in Boston.

I saw that also and think the interviewer wrote in Coachella by mistake instead of the Ohio and Wisconsin fests Tool is actually playing that Danny was referring to.

Check out APC's new single Disillusioned if you haven't yet.  It's good! Maynard talked about the upcoming album at the DC show also, and said it will be out in 2018 and said "that's not fake news."