Any Colour You Like

Started by rincon, Sep 29, 2011, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon

A 1974 Pink floyd show of DSOTM was released this week. Any Colour You Like blew my mind. It was the best impersonation of My Morning Jacket jamming I have ever heard. Obviously, since the band was not even born yet I am kidding, but it was striking. The music is not "the same", but it is very easy to imagine it is MMJ late in a show. Even a smidge of Erykah at the end.

headhunter

where was the show released?
was some shakin' and some record playin'

rincon

On CD. It is a remix of DSOTM with a bonus live CD. I have Rhapsody, so I can listen most new albums the day they are released. With a sansa MP3 player I can actually download them to the player, but not transfer them.I purchased that song so I have a transferable copy. It is 14 megs. Can I send it to you? The second half of this song will make the hair on your neck stand up.

It is available in 2 or 6 CD format.
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Side-Moon-Immersion-Box/dp/B004ZNARH4/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1317330515&sr=1-1

johnnYYac

I wonder if the live CD is the same as this?

Bonus tracks:  Tune Up into ECHOES!!!  (When I listened to track 11 - Tune Up - I was reminded of MMJ tuning right before Mahgeeta)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FHA4QKST

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 29, 2011, 07:25 PM

Bonus tracks:  Tune Up into ECHOES!!!

Niiiicee!!!  Thanks JY!!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Luna Moth

ACYL is an entire genre of music most people dont even realize. Its like pink floyd was saying "yea we could do this but we're gonna do everything." Ive always thought Jim  and Pat crossed paths with older Floyd early on in life.

Most of the live DSOTM i have is horrible quality, thanks. Nice mature psilocybe semilanceata btw.

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

davymac

Thank you for sharing this is awesome!

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 29, 2011, 07:25 PM

Bonus tracks:  Tune Up into ECHOES!!!  (When I listened to track 11 - Tune Up - I was reminded of MMJ tuning right before Mahgeeta)

Such a generous gift! Can't thank you enough for sharing, John!

johnnYYac

No need to thank me.  This has been out for years, from a BBC master that was broadcast w/out Echoes.  Sounds like they used it on the DSOTM box. 

I also found THIS on LMA, which includes some early WYWH and Animals tracks, from an aud, but excellent insight into SOYCD, Raving and Drooling (which eventually becomes Sheep), and You Gotta Be Crazy (which eventually becomes Dogs).

PINK FLOYD
Wembley 1974: "Chuckness Remaster" [no label, 2CD]
Live at Empire Pool, Wembley, London, UK, November 16, 1974. Complete show. CD1 Ex- AUDIENCE stereo. CD2 Ex pre-FM SBD/AUD/ AUD matrix stereo.

Lineup:
David Gilmour - guitars, vocals
Nick Mason - percussion, vocals
Roger Waters - bass, vocals
Richard Wright - keyboards, vocals

Disc 1 - Set 1 [53:46]
Track 101. Shine On You Crazy Diamond 1-9 [21:25]
Track 102. Raving and Drooling [14:16]
Track 103. You Gotta Be Crazy [18:05]

Disc 2 - Set 2 & Encore [1:15:46]
Track 201. Speak To Me [02:28]
Track 202. Breathe [02:59]
Track 203. On the Run [05:02]
Track 204. Time [06:32]
Track 205. The Great Gig In The Sky [06:41]
Track 206. Money [08:05]
Track 207. Us And Them [07:49]
Track 208. Any Colour You Like [07:30]
Track 209. Brain Damage [03:39]
Track 210. Eclipse [01:48]
Track 211. Echoes [23:13]

johnnYYac

Fully

By the way, John, I listened to this last night after the kids went to sleep. It was so good and took me back to the old days. I did enhance the music a bit. I turned on the visualizer and tripped off into the sunset. (Btw, I love fall break, when I can stay up late, but the kiddies still have to go to school)

jcoyote

I've got a BBC show that has Echos on it.  Introduced by "This next song takes up the entire second set of our Meddle LP" or something to that effect.

I remember the KCRW Morning Becomes Eclectic show where Nick Harcourt (sp) says something to the effect of "My Morning Jacket does Pink Floyd" after "Off the Record" and Jim just kind of blows it off, but that jam is VERY similar to Echos.  Not a copy, just a homage.   Heard Off the Record from Okonokos this morning on Jam On-XM and was reminded. 

rincon

Quote from: jcoyote on Oct 04, 2011, 03:50 PM
I've got a BBC show that has Echos on it.  Introduced by "This next song takes up the entire second set of our Meddle LP" or something to that effect.

I remember the KCRW Morning Becomes Eclectic show where Nick Harcourt (sp) says something to the effect of "My Morning Jacket does Pink Floyd" after "Off the Record" and Jim just kind of blows it off, but that jam is VERY similar to Echos.  Not a copy, just a homage.   Heard Off the Record from Okonokos this morning on Jam On-XM and was reminded.
Echoes huh? I always thought it sounded like Shine on You Crazy Diamond part 3.