Main Menu

Bands you despise

Started by Eweezy, Oct 02, 2011, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eweezy

Me and my coworkers had a slow day @ work the other day and we just started talking about music groups we did not like and it got me thinking.  So just wanted to see what groups some people did not like.  I will leave a room running when I hear these groups....Nickelback, Coldplay, and Maroon 5.  Okay forum who makes you curl up in the fetal position when you hear them?
Yikes!

el_chode

Everything you listed, plus U2. There is no justifying U2, but someone inevitably comes in "B-b-b-ut Joshua Tree-era is sooooo goood!". No, no it's not. None of it is.
I'm surrounded by assholes

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Fully

I really hate, loath. despise the use of flute in rock music; therefore, I can not stand Jethro Tull.

But for just regular bands/musicians/singers that I don't like Justin Bieber (I have a preteen girl who forced me to go to his concert...Oh the humanity! It was horrible) most bands on country radio are atrocious, and LMFAO sucks too. Really anything played on radio is pretty bad.

tdb810

Quote from: Fully on Oct 02, 2011, 02:07 PM
I really hate, loath. despise the use of flute in rock music; therefore, I can not stand Jethro Tull.

you are my cosmic twin; i was going to write the SAME exact thing. 
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Not a "band" per se, but...

The "s" is mine.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tbear

U2 for the most part.
Kanye (never will forgive Roo '08).
Genesis
Most metal

Was given Cold Play tickets at MSG. I turned from happy drunk to angry drunk by the end of it. They actually pissed me off.

(On the bright side, Rilo Kiley opened for them which began a great love for all things Jenny Lewis.)

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jaimoe

Quote from: Fully on Oct 02, 2011, 02:07 PM

Duane Allman's work with Herbie Mann might convert you, specifically on the epic title track from the album Push Push.

Jaimoe

I despise lots of artists and bands, but here's a few:

Ke$ha
Nelly Furtado
Diana Krall
Britney
Genesis
The Cure
Depeche Mode
New Order
Peaches
Johnny Lang
Eric Clapton's '80s and latter career
Nickelback
The Tea Party (awful Canadian power trio posers)
Stereos (awful Canadian dance/pop/punk band)
Maroon 5

and... most jam bands including Galactic, DMB, WSP, Moe. etc... and I used to love the genre, but can't stand it now for the most part, excluding the pioneeers such as the Dead and Allmans; I've cooled hard on Phish too.

ericm

Quote from: tbear on Oct 02, 2011, 02:55 PM
U2 for the most part.
Kanye (never will forgive Roo '08).
Genesis
Most metal

As far as Genesis goes, I hope you're talking about their post 1984-commercial/pop hits era. If not, you're missing out on some great stuff,imo.

Here's a Peter Gabriel era tune, done sans Peter, on one of the tours following his leaving the band, and Phil at his finest,imo.

Firth Of Fifth:

Genesis - Firth Of Fifth - Six Hours Live
"Where's Jim going?"

mjk73

Just a few

Gaga
Kesha
Pretty much any modern country (Toby Keith needs to just go the fuck away)
The Eagles. God the fucking Eagles
Ted Nugent
U2 post Achtung Baby
Nickleback
Creed
Kings of Leon post Because Of The Times
Korn
Rage Against The Machine
Slipnot (really any shitty "metal" band in the ne metal category)
Kanye
Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst

e_wind

I need to add Kings of Leon, but I more despise them as people. Ke$ha is number one though.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jaimoe

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 02, 2011, 08:17 PM
Just a few

Gaga
Kesha
Ted Nugent
U2 post Achtung Baby
Nickleback
Creed
Korn
Rage Against The Machine
Kanye
Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst

Thanks for jogging my memory!

Yes, how could I forget the horridness of Kings of Leon, Slipnot, Rage, Korn, Creed, Limp Bizkit, most modern country and non Joe Walsh Eagles.

I'll have to somewhat disagree with the Nuge. Politics and hunting aside, I like his work in The Amboy Dukes and some of his solo work, especially "Stranglehold". He is a fucking lunatic though.

mjk73

Quote from: Jaimoe on Oct 02, 2011, 08:31 PM
Just a few

Gaga
Kesha
Ted Nugent
U2 post Achtung Baby
Nickleback
Creed
Korn
Rage Against The Machine
Kanye
Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst

Yes, how could I forget the horridness of Kings of Leon, Slipnot, Rage, Korn, Creed, Limp Bizkit, most modern country and non Joe Walsh Eagles.

I'll have to somewhat disagree with the Nuge. Politics and hunting aside, I like his work in The Amboy Dukes and some of his solo work, especially "Stranglehold". He is a fucking lunatic though.
His lunacy and his ugly right wingedness have ruined him for me.

Jaimoe

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 02, 2011, 08:50 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Oct 02, 2011, 08:31 PM
Just a few

Gaga
Kesha
Ted Nugent
U2 post Achtung Baby
Nickleback
Creed
Korn
Rage Against The Machine
Kanye
Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst

His lunacy and his ugly right wingedness have ruined him for me.

I know what you are saying, but if we actually knew more personal stuff about most of our music heroes, we'd probably hate them too. I love Chuck Heston movies, but I can't say I like his right wingedness either (although he was liberal regarding civil rights).

Penny Lane

Go easy on The Eagles, they wrote great songs..

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: el_chode on Oct 02, 2011, 10:14 AM
Everything you listed, plus U2. There is no justifying U2, but someone inevitably comes in "B-b-b-ut Joshua Tree-era is sooooo goood!". No, no it's not. None of it is.

pre-Joshua Tree era was so good..
Joshua Tree was more than good--it was a phenomenal album! (even Zooropa, it freed me from the chains of rural Ohio, it transported me, c'mon! spoken from someone who must have been born in the 80s)  ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jaimoe

Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 02, 2011, 10:11 PM
Go easy on The Eagles, they wrote great songs..

For me they fall under a category I'd like to start called: "Bands you once liked, but grew to hate". I'll throw Journey into this category along with ELP and most jam bands.