Come Closer

Despise is a strong word.

I would second:

U2 post Achtung
Kings post Because...
Nickelback

I would add:

Coldplay post A Rush of...

I just assume anyone over the age of 12-13 with any sense of pride hates all the bad pop.

FiddleCastro

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 02, 2011, 04:03 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 02, 2011, 02:42 PM
Not a "band" per se, but...

The "s" is mine.
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Oct 02, 2011, 01:25 PM
Owl City.

YES AND YES.

Finally! someone who acknowledges the horror that is Owl City!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 02, 2011, 08:17 PM
Just a few

Gaga
Kesha
Pretty much any modern country (Toby Keith needs to just go the fuck away)
The Eagles. God the fucking Eagles
Ted Nugent
U2 post Achtung Baby
Nickleback
Creed
Kings of Leon post Because Of The Times
Korn
Rage Against The Machine
Slipnot (really any shitty "metal" band in the ne metal category)
Kanye
Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst

I'm surprised to see you don't like Rage. S/T is a classic album.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

lucylew

Boston makes me want to vomit.  Jethro Tull is awful too.

Fully

Quote from: lucylew on Oct 02, 2011, 11:38 PM
Boston makes me want to vomit.  Jethro Tull is awful too.
I forgot about Boston. How many college boyfriends tried to impress me with how cool they were because they were into Boston. And all I ever thought was how much Boston sucked ass.

Jaimoe

I can't believe I forgot second-to-none tribute album whore and performer on EVERY all-star fundraiser known to humankind, not to mention dysfunctional celebrity serial dater; I give you the stunningly irrelevant and even in her prime, really really average: Sheryl Crow.

Oh, and that self-important phony with a suspect rags-to-riches upbringing, that continuously switches genres in a blatant any-which-way-the-music-wind-blows kind of way, driven by her desperate, yet inevitably fruitless, pursuit of another hit: the incomparable Jewel.

Paulie_Walnuts

Quote from: el_chode on Oct 02, 2011, 10:14 AM
Everything you listed, plus U2. There is no justifying U2, but someone inevitably comes in "B-b-b-ut Joshua Tree-era is sooooo goood!". No, no it's not. None of it is.

You just made my day! I couldn't have put it any better than that!  ;D

Ignoring the obvious crap pop:

Coldplay
Queen
Mumford & Sons
Kings Of Leon
Paulie W

mjk73

Quote from: Jaimoe on Oct 03, 2011, 12:10 AM
I can't believe I forgot second-to-none tribute album whore and performer on EVERY all-star fundraiser known to humankind, not to mention dysfunctional celebrity serial dater; I give you the stunningly irrelevant and even in her prime, really really average: Sheryl Crow.

Oh, and that self-important phony with a suspect rags-to-riches upbringing, that continuously switches genres in a blatant any-which-way-the-music-wind-blows kind of way, driven by her desperate, yet inevitably fruitless, pursuit of another hit: the incomparable Jewel.
Awesome

And True, yeah I cannot stand Rage. I does surprise people. I've actually hated them since day 1.

Fully

I also really don't like Vampire Weekend. They whine just a little too much for me. Just not enough substance for me.

he.who.forgets

The Killers...cant stand them, dont get the hype at all

mjk73

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Oct 02, 2011, 11:21 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Oct 02, 2011, 04:03 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 02, 2011, 02:42 PM
Not a "band" per se, but...

The "s" is mine.
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Oct 02, 2011, 01:25 PM
Owl City.

YES AND YES.

Finally! someone who acknowledges the horror that is Owl City!
I guess I should consider myself lucky that I've never even heard of Owl City?

Penny Lane

Then there should be another thread for those Bands: (The Eagles)

"Bands you hate ONLY because of commercial success, overexposure to their music, or they just seem like kind of pompous a**holes.."

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

That's why I hate Kesha so much. I hate her music more than anything, and I hate her as a person.

Also: hootie and blowfish
Matchbox 20
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 03, 2011, 11:30 AM
That's why I hate Kesha so much. I hate her music more than anything, and I hate her as a person.

Also: hootie and blowfish
Matchbox 20
My  ten year old daughter tells me that she farts glitter. That's actually a pretty good description of her talent.

BH

Two pages in and no one has hated Conor yet?   We have come soooo far... ;)

I try to stay away from the hate, but I must profess my utter distaste for all things Meatloaf.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

WSS2

Hootie? Hating on Hootie?  Man...dark times

WSS2

Hating on Meatloaf too now?  Jeez

Honest Man

Green Day, Linkin Park.
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

chaqueta sucia

Anything where the words cannot be heard or understood.........or they are screamed beyond a level of enjoyment or talent.  Also I really despise bands like The Killers(Duran Duran rip off.......and they were not good in the 80's) as well as Coldplay.  They have been sued a few times for stealing riffs etc from past artists.  I feel like if you are that talented and are that successful financially the least thing you could do would be to be original.  Also many of the "mainstream country artists" that are nothing more than rock artists that could not make it in that genre so went to the less crowded country genre and tagged it new country.  More disturbing is the fact that these artists are played on mainstream radio stations as top 40/rock artists.  It is a foul cry away from the Hank Williams sr. johnny cash days when country was good and had a purpose in the overall music cosmos.  Now it is a joke!  I think that about covers it for me.

mjk73

Quote from: BH on Oct 03, 2011, 11:43 AM
Two pages in and no one has hated Conor yet?   We have come soooo far... ;)
No I still despise him. I just forgot about the one who sings like Goat Boy in my rush to get for more annoying acts out there.