Main Menu

alabama shakes

Started by ironmike, Oct 19, 2011, 04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

justbcuzido

So the rodeo is coming through Austin, Texas in march (YEEEHAWW) and the Shakes are playing a show in the rodeo pit on March 12th. I wound up getting tickets for my boss and I. The whole idea of seeing the shakes play at a rodeo just sounds too awesome not to pass up.

Anyone else in the Austin area going?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 05, 2013, 07:27 PM
Alabama Shakes live on AXS TV this Saturday night at 9pm pacific/midnight eastern.

http://www.axs.tv/blogs/alabama-shakes-live-from-the-ogden-theatre-march-9th-on-axs-tv/

Alabama Shakes - LIVE from the Ogden Theatre, March 9th on AXS TV

Very good news! Thanks for getting this posted! The recordings never stop!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

e-stone

sweet -- i'll be at this show!

Waddy Peytona

Fully

That's awesome, Waddy! Great find!

rjlemons

I'm going to my first Alabama Shakes show in Jackson, MS next weekend! AND Houndmouth will be there! I'm feeling very lucky for this upcoming St. Patrick's Day weekend.

Has anyone seen them lately? Are they playing any new tunes?

Tracy 2112

Quote from: rjlemons on Mar 08, 2013, 09:56 AM
I'm going to my first Alabama Shakes show in Jackson, MS next weekend! AND Houndmouth will be there! I'm feeling very lucky for this upcoming St. Patrick's Day weekend.

Saw them in November and they busted out 3-4 new ones
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

rjlemons

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 08, 2013, 10:38 AM
Quote from: rjlemons on Mar 08, 2013, 09:56 AM

Saw them in November and they busted out 3-4 new ones
That's great news! Thanks!  :beer:

e-stone

hope you guys recorded last nights show on axs...because that show was straight fire.  first time seeing them and gotdamn brittany is even more impressive in person.

i haven't watched yet to see if i make a cameo, but judging from where the cameras were it'll be the back of my head at best.

michael kiwanuka was fantastic (but i'm already a big fan), and a genuine nice dude to boot.  he was just hanging out front after the show and seemed to truly appreciate everyone coming up, shaking his hand and telling him how great his music is.

oistheone

I saw that some new summer tour dates were announced the other day, and -- lucky me -- they'll be hitting my city for the third time in just over a year. Tickets are now almost $60 a pop, so some new material would really be make-or-break for me. Looks like they've got some down time in April and May, so I'm really hoping they use that time to work up some new shit for the summer!

justbcuzido

Anyone going to the Shakes show tomorrow (3/13) at The Rodeo? I guess your ticket gets you into the actual rodeo as well.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Angelo

They're playing Capitol Theatre on 6/23 which is the last day of Solid Sound. I'm seriously considering heading right to the Cap from SS. Its less than a 3 hour drive I think.

Mr. White

Here is another video I recorded but never posted. This is Alabama Shakes performing Heavy Chevy at the Brown Theatre in Louisville, Kentucky on October 8, 2012.

Alabama Shakes - Heavy Chevy - Brown Theatre - Louisville, Kentucky - 10/8/2012
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

vespachick

I seem to have lost my Alabama Shakes hoodie and it is making me MeNtAl that I can't find it.   Where did you go hoodie??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked