Main Menu

Springsteen

Started by ericm, Nov 11, 2011, 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Talking last night at dinner with Penny, and Headhunter about some of his classic shows from the past, made me have to post this classic.

From the Capital Theatre, Passaic,N.J. 9/19/78

Bruce Springsteen - Prove It All Night - Passaic, NJ - High Quality
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Eric, you're my brother in arms.

2012 will bring us a Bruce show to share for sure.  And many other shows too I'm sure.   :)
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Penny Lane

Wow. So young..and the biceps don't hurt, either. Great footage..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Penny Lane on Nov 11, 2011, 11:59 PM
Wow. So young..and the biceps don't hurt, either. Great footage..

Yes, but are those biceps really in proportion to his torso?   :P   ;)

IHL

Another version of 'Prove It All Night' with the best intro EVER (again from the Darkness tour - 15th August 1978).

Bruce Springsteen - Prove It All Night - Largo live 1978 (Blu-ray)

Tracy 2112

Quote from: IHL on Nov 14, 2011, 02:07 PM

Another version of 'Prove It All Night' with the best intro EVER (again from the Darkness tour - 15th August 1978).

Bruce Springsteen - Prove It All Night - Largo live 1978 (Blu-ray)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

headhunter

Thanks IHL for the awesome clip.  78 is great vintage bruce time.

If I continue to see MMJ 5 plus times a year, it will only be about another 20 yrs until I've seen them as much as I've seen Bruce.

Like MMJ, a great example of an artist who's studio albums pale in comparison to the live show.

MrWhippy

Quote from: headhunter on Nov 14, 2011, 03:41 PM

Like MMJ, a great example of an artist who's studio albums pale in comparison to the live show.

Completely agree, I would be nowhere near as big of a fan as I am if I only had the studio records to go by.

What do you guys think he will do next?  Solo, some other band, or continue the E Street band?  I find it really hard to conceive of the E Street band without Clarence, but it's also hard to think that Bruce would not still play with Steve, Garry, Max, etc.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

IHL

It's very rare that I listen to a Springsteen album these days. For the last 3-4 years I just play the bootlegs - Winterland, the Agora show, the Passaic show (19/09/78), the Roxy show and the Fox Theater show, Atlanta - all were broadcast live on the radio during the Darkness tour.

I also listen to this quite a lot from the Main Point 1975 bootleg:

Bruce Springsteen - Incident On 57th Street - 02/05/75 Main Point

headhunter

Quote from: IHL on Nov 19, 2011, 09:47 AM

It's very rare that I listen to a Springsteen album these days. For the last 3-4 years I just play the bootlegs - Winterland, the Agora show, the Passaic show (19/09/78), the Roxy show and the Fox Theater show, Atlanta - all were broadcast live on the radio during the Darkness tour.

I also listen to this quite a lot from the Main Point 1975 bootleg:

Bruce Springsteen - Incident On 57th Street - 02/05/75 Main Point

This mainpoint show is imo the best live boot of any bruce show.  winterland, agora, bottom line are also special but the mainpoint (coming a few months before the release of born to run with different words to many of the btr songs) is just awesome.

ericm

WOOHOO!!! This just in:

From his Facebook:
Bruce Springsteen
Well, things are starting to heat up down on E Street.

A lot of you have been hearing that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be on tour in 2012. That is absolutely correct. The European dates run from the middle of May until end of July and are being announced this week. Info on the US dates and the World tour dates will coming up shortly.

In addition, we want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you--real soon.

http://brucespringsteen.net/
Like · · Share · 5 minutes ago ·

We're there Jeff, and you too Christine!!  8)
"Where's Jim going?"

TheThird

[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Penny Lane

Quote from: ericm on Nov 20, 2011, 09:28 PM
WOOHOO!!! This just in:

From his Facebook:
Bruce Springsteen

A lot of you have been hearing that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be on tour in 2012. That is absolutely correct. The European dates run from the middle of May until end of July and are being announced this week. Info on the US dates and the World tour dates will coming up shortly.

In addition, we want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you--real soon.

it'll be a bucket list show..i will break my no stadium rule for this...!

ericm

Quote from: Penny Lane on Nov 21, 2011, 11:15 AM
Quote from: ericm on Nov 20, 2011, 09:28 PM
WOOHOO!!! This just in:

From his Facebook:
Bruce Springsteen

it'll be a bucket list show..i will break my no stadium rule for this...!

I don't think it'll be stadiums, at least not on the 1st U.S. leg. He might do some at MetLife, but that'll be over the summer if anything.  Strong rumors leaning towards Orlando in mid-March, and Nassau in early April. Not official yet though.

Only official shows so far are in the U.K. Closing the Isle Of Wight festival, and a Hard Rock Calling Show in London. I believe that's in Hyde Park.

Looks like a visit out to casa - Headhunter might be in store for April!  ;)

I'll keep you posted as dates are starting to trickle out, with an official announcement soon. :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Eric- If the Boss hit's the Nassau Coliseum, your room at mi casa is reserved for sure.
And Penny, it will be a distinct honor to chaperone you to your first Bruce show.

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Nov 21, 2011, 12:41 PM

Eric- If the Boss hit's the Nassau Coliseum, your room at mi casa is reserved for sure.
And Penny, it will be a distinct honor to chaperone you to your first Bruce show.

Thanks Jeff.  :beer: Looking forward to it.  I would've been a bit worried about a 1st timer coming to a Bruce show with us two, but having been to more than a couple of shows with Penny, no such worries.  ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

Penny Lane

Quote from: ericm on Nov 21, 2011, 01:02 PM

Thanks Jeff.  :beer: Looking forward to it.  I would've been a bit worried about a 1st timer coming to a Bruce show with us two, but having been to more than a couple of shows with Penny, no such worries.  ;)

ha ha...seeing you two at a Bruce show might be a lesson for me!

headhunter

Quote from: Penny Lane on Nov 21, 2011, 01:32 PM
Quote from: ericm on Nov 21, 2011, 01:02 PM

ha ha...seeing you two at a Bruce show might be a lesson for me!

Penny, when it comes to rock shows we all know you're no amateur but if you get a fist bump from Bruce before I do, then we got trouble.    ;)  Besides, with Eric & I as your guides, I'm guessing you will be just fine.

e_wind

Bruce is on my bucket list as well. If I can knock Roger Waters, Radiohead, and Bruce in 2012, that'll be a good damn 6 months!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Never did a Springsteen show, either.  I blame an old college roommate from Jersey.  He was so obnoxious about Springsteen it was a huge turn-off.  If there's a big show down NY/NJ way this summer, I'd love to catch a show with youse guys.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.