Main Menu

Springsteen

Started by ericm, Nov 11, 2011, 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Here's a little of Eddie joining Bruce for Darkness, and singing a verse. It's not the whole song, but still pretty damn sweet.  :thumbsup:

No sign of the Highway To Hell opener yet, but hoping one pops up soon.  :beer:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSh60ShLjw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlqSh60ShLjw
"Where's Jim going?"

APR

Highway to Hell for ericm and all Bruce, Eddie, AC/DC fans

Eddie Vedder with Bruce Springsteen

weeniebeenie

Not fair. I just saw Eddie last week and am seeing Bruce next week. Could they not have done this in Sydney? Although I did see Eddie play Open All Night and Growin' Up so I shouldn't complain.
How loud can silence get?

MrWhippy

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Feb 16, 2014, 05:55 AM
Not fair. I just saw Eddie last week and am seeing Bruce next week. Could they not have done this in Sydney? Although I did see Eddie play Open All Night and Growin' Up so I shouldn't complain.

Those are fantastic Vedder covers.  Very cool that you got to see those.  I luckily got to see him do Open All Night when he played in Baltimore a few years ago.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

ericm

I posted this in the music section but figured I'd put it here too. The MusiCares Springsteen tribute that JJ appeared on will finally be released to video. Release date is March 25th. :thumbsup:

http://www.amazon.com/Musicares-Person-Year-Tribute-Springsteen/dp/B00IBQ5NIO/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1392665379&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=MUSICARES+tribute+to+Bruce+springsteen
"Where's Jim going?"

parkervb

got my lawn seats for Bruce here in VB.  My friend got skunked on GAs and he had 3 people working on it.  I didn't want to pay $140 and stress on getting shut out on GAs so just went with lawn.
Don't you ever turn it off

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 21, 2014, 10:24 AM
got my lawn seats for Bruce here in VB.  My friend got skunked on GAs and he had 3 people working on it.  I didn't want to pay $140 and stress on getting shut out on GAs so just went with lawn.

Nice one Parker.  :thumbsup:

I would've done the same thing with tix. If I couldn't get a ga for these Amp shows, then a lawn would work. I would only pay the top price for a guaranteed pit ticket in the Amps.  Or I'd try and upgrade my lawn in the lot if tix are cheap.

Enjoy the show. :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Been hearing some rumblings that Bruce,and the band will be in Dallas as part of the Final Four weekend concert like MMJ did last year in Atlanta.  :cool:
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Hell of a way to end the Australian leg of the tour. A 30 song 3:43 show with a fun cover to open, followed by four from Greetings, some great requests, and then a full album Wild, Innocent,and E St Shuffle! Even had Eddie join him again for Highway To Hell. :cool:  :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the US Spring leg, and if it's anything like this show, I might be lacing up my traveling shoes for a couple more than already planned.  :grin:  :beer:

01. STAYIN' ALIVE (Bee Gees cover)
02. IT'S HARD TO BE A SAINT IN THE CITY
03. DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND STREET
04. Growin' Up
05. Spirit in the Night
06. High Hopes
07. Just Like Fire Would
08. YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH) (Sign Request)
09. Sherry Darling (Sign Request)
10. Save My Love (Sign Request)
11. FADE AWAY (Sign Request)

The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle full album
12. The E Street Shuffle
13. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
14. Kitty's Back
15. WILD BILLY'S CIRCUS STORY
16. INCIDENT ON 57TH STREET
17. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
18. NEW YORK CITY SERENADE (w/ strings)

19. Darlington County
20. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
21. The Rising
22. The Ghost of Tom Joad
23. Badlands

Encore
24. Glory Days
25. Born to Run
26. Bobby Jean
27. Dancing in the Dark
28. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
29. Highway to Hell (w/ Eddie Vedder)

30. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

Wow!  Can't believe the complete Wild, Innocent, E Street album got aired again.  I definitely did not expect that would ever happen again after Clarence passed away.  Bruce is always full of surprises.

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Feb 26, 2014, 09:45 AM
Wow!  Can't believe the complete Wild, Innocent, E Street album got aired again.  I definitely did not expect that would ever happen again after Clarence passed away.  Bruce is always full of surprises.

Same here. He did say he wouldn't do it again, so there's hope he'll do it again here in the States too. I was at those MSG WIESS, and River shows, and really wish all Bruce fans could see those albums done live. What a fucking treat that was!  :thumbsup: hell, I sure as hell would go again.  :grin: :beer:

"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Bruce Springsteen ‏@springsteen 21m

Good news: @tmorello will be joining Bruce & The E Street Band on the upcoming US dates!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Feb 26, 2014, 02:49 PM
Bruce Springsteen ‏@springsteen 21m

Good news: @tmorello will be joining Bruce & The E Street Band on the upcoming US dates!

Great news!  :cool: I figured this would be the case, but glad to have it confirmed.  :thumbsup:

Here's a little of the Stayin Alive opener from today

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BTAM-1Pv7Io
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

I know he's starting the US leg of this tour playing in secondary markets, but ticket demand must be pretty low. 

For the Raleigh show, you can still pull up floor seats and really good lower level seats almost a week after the onsale started.  I've never seen that for a Bruce show before.

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Feb 26, 2014, 05:06 PM
I know he's starting the US leg of this tour playing in secondary markets, but ticket demand must be pretty low. 

For the Raleigh show, you can still pull up floor seats and really good lower level seats almost a week after the onsale started.  I've never seen that for a Bruce show before.

I thought two NC shows was pushing it but leave it to Landau. :rolleyes:  I'm sure the increase in the price of those prime tix has something to do with it too.  Did you see the routing of those shows?  :huh:
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

Quote from: ericm on Feb 26, 2014, 06:08 PM

I thought two NC shows was pushing it but leave it to Landau. :rolleyes:  I'm sure the increase in the price of those prime tix has something to do with it too.  Did you see the routing of those shows?  :huh:

Yeah, it's definitely oversaturating the mid-Atlantic region to play Norfolk/VA beach, Raleigh, Greensboro, and Atlanta all in one swing. 

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Feb 26, 2014, 09:12 PM
Quote from: ericm on Feb 26, 2014, 06:08 PM

Yeah, it's definitely oversaturating the mid-Atlantic region to play Norfolk/VA beach, Raleigh, Greensboro, and Atlanta all in one swing.

Are you planning on catching any of those Jon?

I'm in for Tampa, and possibly Ft. Lauderdale. Then a few more whenever the next leg is. I wouldn't mind waiting til the fall if it meant arenas instead of Summer Stadiums but then again, I've never been to Wrigley. :grin:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

Quote from: ericm on Feb 26, 2014, 10:11 PM

I'm in for Tampa, and possibly Ft. Lauderdale. Then a few more whenever the next leg is. I wouldn't mind waiting til the fall if it meant arenas instead of Summer Stadiums but then again, I've never been to Wrigley. :grin:  :beer:

The only one I can realistically catch is Raleigh.  Good to know I don't have to decide anytime soon ticket-wise  :grin:

I wish I could do Tampa with you.  I know we both had great fun at previous Springsteen shows there, and I appreciated the help you gave me when I had to find a ticket for his last show there.  Hopefully something will line up this summer that we can both attend.

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Feb 27, 2014, 06:51 AM
Quote from: ericm on Feb 26, 2014, 10:11 PM

The only one I can realistically catch is Raleigh.  Good to know I don't have to decide anytime soon ticket-wise  :grin:

I wish I could do Tampa with you.  I know we both had great fun at previous Springsteen shows there, and I appreciated the help you gave me when I had to find a ticket for his last show there.  Hopefully something will line up this summer that we can both attend.

Well I hope you will get to the Raleigh show, and if you do, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I'd bet there's a good chance of some prime seats dropping for that as well. :thumbsup:

I'm sure we'll get to at least another show this year at some point. Once they're announced we'll talk, and see which ones work best.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Here's the official video of the Stayin Alive opener from Brisbane. I hope he keeps up with the surprise cover openers. I'm not a huge fan of covers , but I definitely dig how he's switched up from any of his usual openers to this approach. It's a good change up IMO. With Bruce! you never know what you're going to get.   :cool:

Love the horns, Morello solo, and the lovely ladies on strings.  :thumbsup:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HoPlmZOESuc
"Where's Jim going?"