Author Topic: Springsteen  (Read 32700 times)

Jackets N Pones

• got that old time feeling
Re: Springsteen
« Reply #320 on: Feb 24, 2017, 04:17 PM »
Recently unearthed my Better Days cassette and it is PURE GOLD. I can't tell my courage from my desperation...
Jim...James...Jimothy

DaydreamNation

• God's fingers choking me
« Reply #321 on: Feb 24, 2017, 07:01 PM »
Recently unearthed my Better Days cassette and it is PURE GOLD. I can't tell my courage from my desperation...
100% the most underappreciated record in his catalog (assuming you meant Lucky Town)
Most recent MMJ show: Nashville, TN - 07/07/17 Most recent JJ show: Louisville, KY - 11/25/16

Jackets N Pones

« Reply #322 on: Feb 25, 2017, 08:55 AM »
Haha yes Lucky Town! Oops!

Liner photos are awesome. So many good lyrics. I really like "Local Hero." Came across this story while looking up the meaning of the song. Is this true?

The first stanza is about Bruce and Patti driving around a remote New Jersey town. just killing time, as the song says. Bruce spotted a 'Velvet Bruce' (like a Velvet Elvis, but Bruce) in the window of a small store. It was between 2 other velvet pictures, one of a Doberman and one of Bruce Lee. Bruce asked Patti to go in and buy the artwork, since he did not want to be recognized. While making small talk with the salesperson, she asked her who it was on the velvet. The girl replied "just a local hero, he used to live here for a while". Kind of a reference one makes when they are in a hurry, just trying to get you to pay for the object and get you out of the store. Patti laughed hysterically when retelling the story to Bruce a few moments later, as did Bruce. And now the Springsteen's have a Velvet Bruce hanging on the wall in their home.

Jim...James...Jimothy

Jackets N Pones

Jim...James...Jimothy