Dec 29th - Yim Yames/Ben Sollee/Daniel Martin Moore Brown Theater - The Ville

Started by antonio, Nov 12, 2011, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesky

Quote from: BH on Feb 13, 2012, 11:12 PM
Quote from: danz on Feb 13, 2012, 08:03 PM
Any updates on a taping?  I'd like to hear the new song  :)

Did you notice this version that I posted in the "other lyrics" thread?   It actually sounds pretty good.

Change 12-29-11

Why are you afraid of life?

Like my heart and soul I ?

Why am I afraid to say what I feel in me?

Why am I afraid to live a liiiieeeeeee   ffff.

I LOve.  <---------

Change the pen.  Change The Ink.   Change the way you talk and think.
Change the tunes and change the ties.   Change the things your heart desires.
Change your makeup  Change your purse
Change the ways of this changin' world
Change the wayyyyyyssss
of this changin' world.

Afraid to live live live...
Afraid to love love love...
Afraid to walk walk walk....
Afraid to talk talk talk...

I'm afraid to live here friend.   I'm afraid to die.
I'm afraid to live, hear friend?   I'm afraiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

to die.

Weewhhehwhhehwhhehwhhehwhhehwhheh

Change the pen.  Change The Ink.   Change the way you talk and think.
Change the tunes and change the ties.   Change the things your heart desires.
Change your makeup  Change your purse
Change the wayyyyyyssss
of this changin' world.

dChangethewayyyyayyyyyoooohohohahhaooahaoyiiyyiyiyiyiyiiiiioaoohoaooohhhhhh!

whhhahhwhhwhahhwawahwhooooooooaooaoaoaooaoaoaoo

whwhhwhahhahawhahwwahwhhahwhwooaooooaoaooaoaooaoaooaooaoaoaooaahaaoaooooaoaoaoooooooooaahahahahaahhhhahaHAHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAHAAAAaaA!!A!A!a1!A!A!A!!A!A!!AAAAAGaahHHQHH!HH!AHHA!HAH!HHHAHoOooOoohhhhh

Yim Yames at the Brown Theater 12/29/11 - Change - Wild Honey

Thanks for bring this back around danz and the repost bh, I missed it before. Haha listened to fruit bats for the first time today... Wasn't really into the voice. But hearing Jim here, their lyrics and music sound great

MamaKel

Yeah that song and Wild Honey are pretty alright. Maybe I just don't get it...
::) ;)

Fully

Thanks for sharing your videos! and thanks Jason for helping him get them on here. It's awful nice to relive this show.

Jane

Quote from: Fully on Feb 14, 2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks for sharing your videos! and thanks Jason for helping him get them on here. It's awful nice to relive this show.

yes! thank you so much for this. i was afraid it would never see the light of day.

bluesky

Thanks for sharing. Finally get to see Jim perform Welcome Home for the first time! The world is falling down ~ so beautiful... Must have been such a sweet night to be there for you all!

MamaKel

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! Sooooooooo excited! ThIs made my day!!!!! Thank you do much Steam Engine!

johnnYYac

As with the T5 TTF video, I'm building DVD files.  Not sure how to upload and post them, but if anyone wants a DVD of this, stay tuned.  Oh, assuming permission, of course.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BigHerm

Quote from: Darkstarflashes on Feb 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
Jason at The Steam Engine is working on cutting up the audio and video of my 3 recordings of the KFTC show on 12-29-2011...
Thanks man! Just awesome stuff.  :beer: :beer:

His Masters Voice was amazing.

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 15, 2012, 11:10 PM
As with the T5 TTF video, I'm building DVD files.  Not sure how to upload and post them, but if anyone wants a DVD of this, stay tuned.  Oh, assuming permission, of course.

did you ever get this patched together into a single file or dvd?

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Mar 04, 2012, 08:33 AM

Yeah, actually did.  Not great video quality when moved to the "big" screen but a very enjoyable viewing experience.  I kinda gave up on uploading when I lost many gigs in the Megaupload fiasco.  I'll send you a copy.

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 04, 2012, 09:44 AM

Yeah, actually did.  Not great video quality when moved to the "big" screen but a very enjoyable viewing experience.  I kinda gave up on uploading when I lost many gigs in the Megaupload fiasco.  I'll send you a copy.

or bring it to new multitudes to swap after the show.   I have your omnichord.

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Mar 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 04, 2012, 09:44 AM

or bring it to new multitudes to swap after the show.   I have your omnichord.
Time for another prisoner exchange?

Mr. White

With all that's going on right now, I have been very, very sad. I'm on vacation and am home with my family right now, so I have the emotional and spiritual support of my wife. However, the constant reminders of the trouble we are in here in America keeps pushing its way into my mind all the time. While watching Amy Goodman on Democracy Now! today, I noticed they played a little bit of an Abby Lincoln song while taking a break/transitioning to another story. Her singing style makes you feel and think at the same time. I then remembered when Jim had performed a cover of Abby Lincoln's song, "The World Is Falling Down" at the Benefit for Kentuckians For The Commonwealth show that I attended with my wife back on Dec. 29, 2011. I have Jim's whole set recorded and had split it up into a couple of individual songs. Those videos are "Unlisted", and I want to share this beautiful and haunting rendition of "The World Is Falling Down" with you all again. So, here you go. Let's let Jim help us all to feel. And I mean to really feel.

"There are some folks
I used to know
Who used to smile
And say hello,
And spin the world
And turn the page
Entertaining
From the stage
Father time
Forever true
Loves its own
And me and you
Disappear just like the sun, When the day is done.
The world is falling down, hold my hand
It's a lonely sound, hold my hand
We'll follow the breeze
And go like the wind
And look for a place
Where the willows bend
The world is falling down, Hold my hand, hold my hand, Hold my hand, hold my hand Summer's gone And winter's here
We had a lot of rain this year
The news is really very sad
The time is late,
The fruit is bad
The morning's come
And roosters crow
But people have no place to go
And disappear
Just like the sun
When the day is done
The world is falling down
Hold my hand
It's a lonely sound
Hold my hand
We'll follow the sun
And live for the day
And look for a place
Where the children play
The world is falling down
Hold my hand, Hold my hand
Hold my hand
Hold my hand"
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

danz

That's beautiful, thanks for posting Mr. White.  I should be more familiar with Abbey Lincoln....

Mr. White

10 years ago tonight, on December 29, 2011, I became a member of KFTC (Kentuckians For The Commonwealth) by way of Jim, Daniel, & Ben organizing this benefit show for KFTC's 30th Anniversary. They told us at the show that our ticket fees would be donated to KFTC and that if we wanted it to count toward a year's membership, it could. All we needed to do was sign up at the information desk in the lobby. I did and have been a paying member of this most important Activist group in the state of Kentucky ever since. I won't preach any more here at this time about KFTC and the need for genuine Activism, so I won't say any more ... right now. Hope anyone who has never seen or heard this show enjoys it (as well as those who have).

slappymoe

Gave a bunch of tix to this show to family/friends as christmas presents. 

i wish the three of them would have played more songs together. and i'm glad jim is over the saxophone.  but a really good time overall. :thumbsup:

thanks for posting!

MyYinzerJacket

Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 29, 2021, 10:20 PM10 years ago tonight, on December 29, 2011, I became a member of KFTC (Kentuckians For The Commonwealth) by way of Jim, Daniel, & Ben organizing this benefit show for KFTC's 30th Anniversary. They told us at the show that our ticket fees would be donated to KFTC and that if we wanted it to count toward a year's membership, it could. All we needed to do was sign up at the information desk in the lobby. I did and have been a paying member of this most important Activist group in the state of Kentucky ever since. I won't preach any more here at this time about KFTC and the need for genuine Activism, so I won't say any more ... right now. Hope anyone who has never seen or heard this show enjoys it (as well as those who have).

Thank you for sharing your videos, mr. White!

That might be the best video I've seen of Jim performing His Masters Voice, that must've been one hell of a show to be at.
Came for the reverb, stayed for the jams

Mr. White

Quote from: MyYinzerJacket on Jan 07, 2022, 02:51 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 29, 2021, 10:20 PM10 years ago tonight, on December 29, 2011, I became a member of KFTC (Kentuckians For The Commonwealth) by way of Jim, Daniel, & Ben organizing this benefit show for KFTC's 30th Anniversary. They told us at the show that our ticket fees would be donated to KFTC and that if we wanted it to count toward a year's membership, it could. All we needed to do was sign up at the information desk in the lobby. I did and have been a paying member of this most important Activist group in the state of Kentucky ever since. I won't preach any more here at this time about KFTC and the need for genuine Activism, so I won't say any more ... right now. Hope anyone who has never seen or heard this show enjoys it (as well as those who have).

That might be the best video I've seen of Jim performing His Masters Voice, that must've been one hell of a show to be at.

Thanks! I was so amazed at this whole experience. It was only a year and 2 months into my being a fan of MMJ when I attended this show. It turned me on to Daniel Martin Moore, Joan Shelley, and Ben Sollee (and all the other local musicians that care so very much here in my state). A few years ago, I split up the 3 videos I posted above into individual songs and have them in the "Jim - My Videos" Playlist on my YouTube channel. Here's "His Masters Voice" isolated into a single video.

MyYinzerJacket

Quote from: Mr. White on Jan 07, 2022, 03:34 PM
Quote from: MyYinzerJacket on Jan 07, 2022, 02:51 PM

Thanks! I was so amazed at this whole experience. It was only a year and 2 months into my being a fan of MMJ when I attended this show. It turned me on to Daniel Martin Moore, Joan Shelley, and Ben Sollee (and all the other local musicians that care so very much here in my state). A few years ago, I split up the 3 videos I posted above into individual songs and have them in the "Jim - My Videos" Playlist on my YouTube channel. Here's "His Masters Voice" isolated into a single video.

Hell yeah, thank you!
Came for the reverb, stayed for the jams