Dec 29th - Yim Yames/Ben Sollee/Daniel Martin Moore Brown Theater - The Ville

Started by antonio, Nov 12, 2011, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slappymoe

Quote from: Jane on Dec 19, 2011, 01:30 PM
going to this! first time to louisville too
welcome! 

i saw chris cornell at the brown theatre a couple of weeks ago, it's a great little venue, up close and personal.  should be awesome for this show.

Fully

I think I just bought tickets to this. The Kentucky Theater's online ticket service was down so I called the box office and they took my info, but their computer was down as well. So I seem to be going to this show. Now to find someone to go with me...

OK, I did just get tickets.

TEO

See you Thursday My Brothers and Sisters in Jackethood!   :) :o :beer:
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

Quote from: TEO on Dec 25, 2011, 08:01 AM
See you Thursday My Brothers and Sisters in Jackethood!   :) :o :beer:

Sweet.  We need to talk.  :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

e_wind

anyone gonna be here early enough to meet somewhere for beer before hand? I'm off thurdsay...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

TEO

Everybody please meet at the BBC 660 South Fourth Street mid to late afternoon to share some refreshments and swap some stories...Hope to see you there!   :beer:
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Bigsky

Fully

I don't know if I'll be in town in time to meet. Be nice to see/meet some of you thought if I do get in a little early.

aMillionDreams

Ill meet you for a beer and hopefully Teo will be in town. You know I'm gonna be at Bbc. I'm down to preshow with some peeps.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Fully

E-Wind or anyone else who lives in the Louisville area: can you tell me some good places to go in Louisville? Like a good breakfast place, or a good shopping district that isn't a mall. Somewhere that I can only go in your city?  In other words tell me what I can do on my trip besides the show.

Jon T.

Quote from: Fully on Dec 28, 2011, 07:46 AM
E-Wing or anyone else who lives in the Louisville area: can you tell me some good places to go in Louisville? Like a good breakfast place, or a good shopping district that isn't a mall. Somewhere that I can only go in your city?  In other words tell me what I can do on my trip besides the show.

I've only been once so I'll leave the recommendations to the locals. But, I will tell you you're in for a real treat.  :thumbsup:

timescaper

mahg33ta

pretty cool poster, very ornate print and cool ink (pic does not do justice)
low run so make sure you grab one if you are into such things!

funniesaru

E-Wing or anyone else who lives in the Louisville area: can you tell me some good places to go in Louisville? Like a good breakfast place, or a good shopping district that isn't a mall. Somewhere that I can only go in your city?  In other words tell me what I can do on my trip besides the show.

Breakfast: Toast, Wild Eggs, Highland Morning, Meridian Cafe (A Daniel Martin Moore favorite!), and Baby D's Bagels. Louisville is weak on breakfast.

Lunch/Dinner: By the theater Safier's is delicious Mediterranean. On Market Street a ton of fun local shops and good food including Harvest, our farm to fork restaurant.  Mayan Cafe is also incredible. Try Please and Thank You for light lunch and Louisville Beer Store for some unique brews. Garage Bar has good artisan hams, pizza, etc.  Doc Crow's has BBQ, mac n cheese, fried pork rinds. 

If you are vegan or vegetarian, head to Bardstown Rd and eat at Roots/Heart and Soy. You can also get great fusion tacos, flatbread pizzas, and unique vegan and vegetarian sushi at Dragon King's Daughter also on Bardstown Rd.

There's a great after party just down the street after the show at Land Of Tomorrow Gallery. $5 gets you free beer and wine.

funniesaru

Quote from: mahg33ta on Dec 28, 2011, 09:58 AM

pretty cool poster, very ornate print and cool ink (pic does not do justice)
low run so make sure you grab one if you are into such things!

LOL where did you get that. They aren't in circulation.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Quote from: funniesaru on Dec 28, 2011, 09:59 AM

Breakfast: Toast, Wild Eggs, Highland Morning, Meridian Cafe (A Daniel Martin Moore favorite!), and Baby D's Bagels. Louisville is weak on breakfast.

Lunch/Dinner: By the theater Safier's is delicious Mediterranean. On Market Street a ton of fun local shops and good food including Harvest, our farm to fork restaurant.  Mayan Cafe is also incredible. Try Please and Thank You for light lunch and Louisville Beer Store for some unique brews. Garage Bar has good artisan hams, pizza, etc.  Doc Crow's has BBQ, mac n cheese, fried pork rinds. 

If you are vegan or vegetarian, head to Bardstown Rd and eat at Roots/Heart and Soy. You can also get great fusion tacos, flatbread pizzas, and unique vegan and vegetarian sushi at Dragon King's Daughter also on Bardstown Rd.

There's a great after party just down the street after the show at Land Of Tomorrow Gallery. $5 gets you free beer and wine.

Thanks to both you and Timescraper for the info! Nice to get some suggestions. I can't stay long, I've got to be back in Nashville to go to the Music City Bowl on Friday Night - hate football btw, going for the party. But, I want to do some fun stuff in Louisville while I'm there.

BH

Quote from: TEO on Dec 26, 2011, 06:24 PM
Everybody please meet at the BBC 660 South Fourth Street mid to late afternoon to share some refreshments and swap some stories...Hope to see you there!   :beer:

I hope to leave a little bit before noon so I should be there by 4!   Wooooooh!   

Is the bridge on 64 still closed?   How bad will it be at 4pm on a Thursday?

Also, I'm thinking about trying to find a cheap room outside of town in Corydon.   How long will that take to get there with the bridge out at 1 am (ish)?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

crazylove

Unexpected great news for me, TEO got me a ticket too!  Thought this was just going to be a boy thing, so super duper pumped! Looking forward to seeing the show, but also ewind, Jane, AMD, BH and more!  Going to miss Penny :(  See you all soon!
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

aMillionDreams

64 bridge is still closed but traffic shouldn't be too bad for ya, BH, since you'll be coming in instead of going out which is what most people will be doing at that time.

For shopping I'd definitely hit up the Bardstown Rd area.  For breakfast, everyone from out of town goes to Lynn's but I would recommend Wild Eggs. 

I get off work early that day and will be downtown anyway, so I'll probably be down there well before the show, posted up at BBC.  I think everyone who said they were coming has my cell number.  But anyone is welcome to come down and hang.  I'll be the one in the BBC shirt on the other side on the bar with long hair and a beard, hanging with a guy who's old enough to be my dad in a crazy MMJ shirt (I don't really know what TEO's wearing, I'm just assuming).   ;)

I'm getting pumped!  :D
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]