Favorite/Least Favorite Holiday song

Started by Fully, Dec 05, 2011, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Fave: Hark, The Herald Angels Sing, followed closely by the date rapey - Baby, It's Cold Outside.

Least Fave: Paul McCartney's Simply Having A Wonderful Christmastime -vomit, vomit, vo-mit! To paraphrase what someone said about Nickleback: I'd rather watch my parents have sex than listen to this song!

el_chode

Agree'd on the McCartney, adding the hipster shit from last season (so far, so clear) - Pomplamoose and Vampire Weekend

Personally, I like this a ton

Duke Pearson - Sleigh Ride
I'm surrounded by assholes

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Dec 05, 2011, 09:40 PM
Fave: Hark, The Herald Angels Sing, followed closely by the date rapey - Baby, It's Cold Outside.

Least Fave: Paul McCartney's Simply Having A Wonderful Christmastime -vomit, vomit, vo-mit! To paraphrase what someone said about Nickleback: I'd rather watch my parents have sex than listen to this song!
Hey!  Shouldn't you be lying down!   ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ALady

Favorite: Feliz Navidad.  I could listen to this on repeat for hours.

Least favorite: All the rest.  I really don't like Christmas music  :-\
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

e_wind

im not big on xmas music, only because so much of it is just the same song again and again.

my favorite is honestly "I Just Wanted To Say" from Does Xmas Fiasco Style. its awesome...

least favorite is also Paul McCartneys. I mean its more than the worst xmas song. its one of the worst famous songs ever. my girlfriend took a class at IU called "the history of the beatles" and her professor said "everyone has a different favorite Beatle, I'm a John guy, some people George guys, some people are Paul guys, but seriously just look at Johns xmas song and then look at Pauls...."

I'll leave here with John's...

[HD] John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jaimoe

Favourite: "Fairytale of New York" by The Pogues with Kirsty MacColl

Least: "Last Christmas" by Wham! followed closely by a 2nd worst tie between "Wonderful Christmas Time" by Paul McCartney and "Jingle Cats".

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 05, 2011, 10:45 PM
Quote from: Fully on Dec 05, 2011, 09:40 PM

Hey!  Shouldn't you be lying down!   ;)
I suppose I can watch in a horizontal position. (This is just getting too gross to continue...I'll stop now)