Main Menu

Floating Action

Started by Fully, Jan 19, 2012, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 06, 2013, 09:19 AM
Quote from: BH on Feb 05, 2013, 11:21 PM
I want them!    Keep em coming.   I have to go to Seth Kauffman albums next!    What first?

I'd take a listen to each of the albums on Bandcamp before making any purchases.

Ting -- http://floatingactionmusic.bandcamp.com/album/ting-seth-kauffman
Research -- http://floatingactionmusic.bandcamp.com/album/research-seth-kauffman

If you can deal with the "no-fi" style of production, you will be rewarded! Great tunes with catchy melodies and those trademark Kauffman grooves. These albums definitely won't be for everyone, but to me, tunes like "Absolute Sway", "Ain't No Telling" and "One More Time" (just to name a few) find a way of sticking in my head and I find myself constantly coming back to them!

Quote from: jcoyote on Feb 06, 2013, 09:09 AM
Word is, hopefully Desert Ettiquette will be released on vinyl.  Hopefully, Seth will be making an appearance @ The Orange Peel.  Is there a "fingers crossed" emoticon?????

DE on vinyl will be a MUST BUY for me! The psychedelic funk of "In The Mud" was MADE to be spun on a platter.

I decided to go with Research.   And I love it.   The beats, ohhhh the beats!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

jcoyote

Not Floating Action, per se, but Seth in Shannon Whitworth's band.  He plays bass.  They have a new album out on March 5th, entitled High Tide.  Seth produced the album.  Here is the title track, off of vimeo.  Anyone in the Columbia, SC area should check out Shannon and Barrett Smith playing the UU tomorrow night!! 

I'm having trouble uploading the video, so here is the link.
http://vimeo.com/m/59263013

oistheone

Thanks for posting! What a compelling song -- really draws you in. Fantastic playing all across the board, and those harmonies are just beautiful.

oistheone

Considering driving to Asheville (twelve hours each way) for the Desert Etiquette show in May. On a scale of 1-10, how crazy am I?

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 15, 2013, 12:31 PM
Looks like Seth has already cranked out a new album and is currently in the process of mixing it down in California! The best part part is that it's due for release within the year! WOO! Hopefully this means some dates this summer...

So excited about this! Feels like I just got Fake Blood, it's lovely getting spoiled. :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

APR

Songkick says they're opening for the Futurebirds in D.C.

Come Closer

Wow, I'm pumped for this even more now, phenomenal news. Tempted to take the next day off and go to the Asheville show the following day.

crooney

Just received an email from FA headquarters saying that the lp of 'desert etiquette' is now available for pre-order!  May 25th release. New tour dates too.  Huge

Fully

Quote from: crooney on Apr 25, 2013, 09:49 AM
Just received an email from FA headquarters saying that the lp of 'desert etiquette' is now available for pre-order!  May 25th release. New tour dates too.  Huge

Nice! I've wanted this on vinyl. Thanks for the head's up. I haven't checked my email today. :beer:

rjlemons

Quote from: Fully on Apr 25, 2013, 11:48 AM

Nice! I've wanted this on vinyl. Thanks for the head's up. I haven't checked my email today. :beer:

They'll be in Nashville June 7. I may have to make the trek for that.

Fully

Quote from: rjlemons on Apr 25, 2013, 11:58 AM

Yeah, The Stone Fox. Don't eat there. Eat before you go. Hipster central too. I'll probably pass this time.

rjlemons

Quote from: Fully on Apr 25, 2013, 12:08 PM
Quote from: rjlemons on Apr 25, 2013, 11:58 AM

Yeah, The Stone Fox. Don't eat there. Eat before you go. Hipster central too. I'll probably pass this time.
Hmmm....thanks for the heads' up

oistheone

Pre-ordered! Between this Desert Etiquette reissue and the new album that should be out this year, it's gonna be a good summer for Floating Action fans!

Now the question is do I try and make one of these shows? I'd go broke if I did, but that concept is seeming strangely worth it right now.   

Fully

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 25, 2013, 06:20 PM
Pre-ordered! Between this Desert Etiquette reissue and the new album that should be out this year, it's gonna be a good summer for Floating Action fans!

Now the question is do I try and make one of these shows? I'd go broke if I did, but that concept is seeming strangely worth it right now.

If you love them that much, you need to see them at least one time. I got the album too. I've been wanting it on vinyl ever since I first heard it. Honestly, I liked it more than Fake Blood. They were good opening for Jacket in Port Chester, but I really enjoyed seeing them play their own show. I enjoyed watching the two drummers in sync. I'm going to skip The Nashville show because I just can't go back to The Stone Fox. I hate going deep into the heart of hipsterdom.

BH

Quote from: Fully on Apr 25, 2013, 07:38 PM

If you love them that much, you need to see them at least one time. I got the album too. I've been wanting it on vinyl ever since I first heard it. Honestly, I liked it more than Fake Blood. They were good opening for Jacket in Port Chester, but I really enjoyed seeing them play their own show. I enjoyed watching the two drummers in sync. I'm going to skip The Nashville show because I just can't go back to The Stone Fox. I hate going deep into the heart of hipsterdom.

If you don't go Fully, than the hipsters win.   :cry:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Fully

Quote from: BH on Apr 26, 2013, 05:05 PM

If you don't go Fully, than the hipsters win.   :cry:

There's just do damn many of them in Nashville now. There's an invasion of them. I'll need backup.

jcoyote

I'm going to skip The Nashville show because I just can't go back to The Stone Fox. I hate going deep into the heart of hipsterdom.

If your mind is at peace, then let go. 

Or just go. 

Not sure how that actually relates to your situation, but I would not miss a band I loved locally because of the venue.  However, I have to travel normally several hours to see concerts.  Nobody plays in our town except Justin, Kenny, Taylor, etc.  However, Panic did play last week, but I've not listened to them since around 1999. 

I'm heading to Asheville this Friday night!! Woo hoo!!  Will not be at The Grey Eagle on the 25th, but will be in Brevard, and will see Shannon Whitworth on Sunday. 

Hawkeye

Picked the vinyl up tonight.  One of the benefits of living in Asheville.   :cool:  Will be going to the show this Saturday too!

We could.

Fully

I think I had mine shipped to my work. Also today was my last day for the school year. I'll have to drop in some to pick it up.

Dillsnufus

http://harvest-records.com/recordings10.php

dessert etiquette vinyl 300 copies

I'd buy it if i had a job or money.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus