Jack White solo album - Blunderbuss 4/24

Started by DewieCox, Jan 30, 2012, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

Really enjoy that first single. A lot less weird than I was expecting from Mr. White!

Can't wait to hear the rest of the album. I hope the b-side is available to purchase tonight with the digital single.

mjk73

bold992006

jimsflyingv

Was waiting for a Jack White solo Album for years, hope I won´t get disappointed the same like I was with the Dead Weather but the first single sounds really promissing  :)

EasyRyder

anybody else get tickets to the Birmingham show?? Sold out the same day they went on sale, but the venue only holds about 300 ppl. Should be shpeshull.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

ophidiophobia

I have tickets for the Tulsa show. The show sold out in less than 2 hours yesterday.

EasyRyder

Quote from: ophidiophobia on Feb 18, 2012, 12:41 PM
I have tickets for the Tulsa show. The show sold out in less than 2 hours yesterday.

Same with Bham. I think Jack's gone Amish on us too -  "ABSOLUTELY NO photos or video allowed. . ANYONE CAUGHT TAKING PHOTOS OR VIDEOS WILL BE EJECTED IMMEDIATELY. NO EXCEPTIONS."    ???

Crispy

Quote from: EasyRyder on Feb 18, 2012, 04:16 PM

Same with Bham. I think Jack's gone Amish on us too -  "ABSOLUTELY NO photos or video allowed. . ANYONE CAUGHT TAKING PHOTOS OR VIDEOS WILL BE EJECTED IMMEDIATELY. NO EXCEPTIONS."    ???

I LOVE this policy and wish it was in place at every show.

/off my lawn, etc.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 2112

Quote from: EasyRyder on Feb 18, 2012, 11:52 AM
anybody else get tickets to the Birmingham show?? Sold out the same day they went on sale, but the venue only holds about 300 ppl. Should be shpeshull.

it's at Workplay. I saw Explosions in the Sky there, my first date with Sweatboard. Non smoking venue that was as quiet as queit could be. You got to figure so few people and they're going to be the die hards and be respectful of the band.

I got to 2nd base but Bri hit a HR   :-\
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

zanjam

I am so excited for this.  Next to MMJ, all things Jack White get me riled as all get out!  I CAN NOT WAIT for this album!
anything + reverb always = better

zanjam

Quote from: jimsflyingv on Feb 18, 2012, 04:39 AM
Was waiting for a Jack White solo Album for years, hope I won´t get disappointed the same like I was with the Dead Weather but the first single sounds really promissing  :)

As much as I didn't really *like* Dead Weather, I was still blown away both times I saw them.  Not exactly my cup of tea but they floored me.  The Raconteurs...well, I'm just biding my time, waiting for them to grace me with their musical perfection once again...  Someday, me hopes....
anything + reverb always = better

Jaimoe

Quote from: zanjam on Feb 19, 2012, 01:47 AM

As much as I didn't really *like* Dead Weather, I was still blown away both times I saw them.  Not exactly my cup of tea but they floored me.  The Raconteurs...well, I'm just biding my time, waiting for them to grace me with their musical perfection once again...  Someday, me hopes....

I like the Dead Weather best of Jack's side projects (I'll pass judgement when his solo album drops). Both DW albums are uncompormising, seductive and generally kick ass. Alison Mosshart is a magnetic front woman, kind of a mix of a young Patti Smith, Joey Ramone and Jack White himself. Jack is the King Midas of rock.

EasyRyder

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 18, 2012, 10:28 PM
Quote from: EasyRyder on Feb 18, 2012, 11:52 AM

it's at Workplay. I saw Explosions in the Sky there, my first date with Sweatboard. Non smoking venue that was as quiet as queit could be. You got to figure so few people and they're going to be the die hards and be respectful of the band.

I got to 2nd base but Bri hit a HR   :-\

Yep. I like this venue a lot, i've never had a bad experience there for the reasons you listed. Explosions In The Sky must have been unreal in that tiny room...sry about your baseball situation too, but statistics are statistics.

Crispy- I coudn't agree more. I've only been to one other show with this policy (Bob Dylan), and it was a totally different experience w/out cameras flashing. Not to mention it adds an element of badassery to the artist  8)

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 18, 2012, 04:58 PM
Quote from: EasyRyder on Feb 18, 2012, 04:16 PM
The only problem with that is that if no one videos it, we can't go back and watch it later. But it gets on my nerves too.

I LOVE this policy and wish it was in place at every show.

/off my lawn, etc.

ellisintransit

I am in for Birmingham.  I go to most of the shows at his Blue Room at Third Man Records, and they are also strict about the no photos/no video thing as well, and I must say, it is now relatively noteworthy to go to a show and not see 25 phones in the air.  Can't wait for this show. 

Lovely side note...I won one of the invites to the listening party for this album tomorrow at Third Man.  Pretty effing stoked. 

oistheone

Quote from: ellisintransit on Feb 20, 2012, 06:32 PM
I am in for Birmingham.  I go to most of the shows at his Blue Room at Third Man Records, and they are also strict about the no photos/no video thing as well, and I must say, it is now relatively noteworthy to go to a show and not see 25 phones in the air.  Can't wait for this show. 

Lovely side note...I won one of the invites to the listening party for this album tomorrow at Third Man.  Pretty effing stoked.

So fucking jealous. Be sure to bring your phone and record the whole thing for the masses.  ;D

Seriously though, take notes.

oistheone

Seriously can't wait to hear how the listening session was. As if it wasn't sweet enough to hear the album, I'll bet you heard it on a fucking kickass system. You lucky bastard.

bold992006

So pumped for this.  I loved the Dead Weather but I've def been waiting for him to do a solo project.  Nothing will ever touch the Stripes for me but this sounds really cool from what I've heard so far.  Can't wait to see him at Hangout.

bold992006

Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 19, 2012, 09:59 AM
Quote from: zanjam on Feb 19, 2012, 01:47 AM

I like the Dead Weather best of Jack's side projects (I'll pass judgement when his solo album drops). Both DW albums are uncompormising, seductive and generally kick ass. Alison Mosshart is a magnetic front woman, kind of a mix of a young Patti Smith, Joey Ramone and Jack White himself. Jack is the King Midas of rock.

I agree...Dead Weather live were just unreal..you just can't have Alison and Jack on stage at the same time and not have it be magnetic.  There was some crazy energy going on up there.  You can't build a better front woman than Alison.  Love the Kills.