Game of TTThrones

Started by el_chode, Feb 11, 2012, 12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

So I just caught up on this enraging series and couldn't help but notice one thing (which I'm not sure how it makes me feel)

I'm surrounded by assholes

BH

Ha!   I thought the same thing.   Love that show.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

peafunk31

Haha! that's hilarious. I never noticed the likeness. I wonder what TTT would think of his resemblence to the biggest douche in Game of Thrones. I'm hoping that one of Dany's dragons consumes Lord Baelish in a horrible manner. Toss Joffrey in as well. I love this series!!
Homer no function beer well without.

e_wind

Watching GoT now. Definitely looks like him
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

bunk_moreland

I haven't seen the show yet, reading the book now, which is fantastic. 

But I can't look at Aidan Gillen without thinking of his character from The Wire...Baltimore City Council Member/eventual Mayor TOMMY Carcetti.
"I just saw My Morning Jacket--They blew my pants off!" - Jimmy Fallon

davymac

I finally just got caught up with the series and it is awesome! Always leaves you wanting more.  Is the original story a book or a series of books?  There are a ton of characters in this show

peafunk31

Quote from: davymac on Apr 20, 2012, 09:48 AM
I finally just got caught up with the series and it is awesome! Always leaves you wanting more.  Is the original story a book or a series of books?  There are a ton of characters in this show

The original story is a series of books. 5 deep at the moment i believe. I'm currently 3/4 of the way through the 2nd book. It's not as badass as the 1st but still damn good. From what I hear, the 3rd book is the best of them.

In as far as comparing the HBO series to the books, it's fairly close. The 1st season was very close to the book, but the 2nd season has definitely changed some stuff up. Personally, I don't mind that at all. I've enjoyed both formats immensely thus far.

e_wind

I just finished season 1. I feel like it ended a weird, random place. The wall, the war, Joffrey, neds youngest daughter who's name escaped me.... All those stories are right in the middle of things happening. Kahl Drogos clans story ended at an insane part though.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 25, 2012, 06:36 PM
I just finished season 1. I feel like it ended a weird, random place. The wall, the war, Joffrey, neds youngest daughter who's name escaped me.... All those stories are right in the middle of things happening. Kahl Drogos clans story ended at an insane part though.

I think the story moves slower than season 2 of walking dead.  still production value is so high it's hard not to watch.  the episodes are getting more intense tho.  didn't read the books, my friends love them tho.  that vag monster was sweeeeeeet

e_wind

i love the show, it just didnt feel like the end of a season

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 25, 2012, 09:20 PM

that jeffory kid is a douchebag for sure.  i hope his death is miserable.

davymac

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Apr 25, 2012, 09:35 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Apr 25, 2012, 09:20 PM

that jeffory kid is a douchebag for sure.  i hope his death is miserable.

haha I cant wait for that kid to die

e_wind

i havent seen any of season 2 yet, so dont ruin it for me, but I think he's gonna be the next to die. After killing off Ned and Drogo, I can't really see them killing off another *important* enemy of the throne. If they killed off Jon Snow, no one would care at all about the Wall. If they killed off Robb or the lady of Winterfell, no one would really care about the war. I dont see drogos wife dying ever. Its definitely gonna be the Lanisters that get theirs next. Hopwfully Joffery or Jamie. I like Tyrion, so hopefully not him.

Im getting pretty obsessed and dont want to wait 3 years to see the whole series so I may start reading the books.

BH

SPOILER ALERT!

What the hell came out of that woman!    The smoke monster is back! ;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

peafunk31

Quote from: BH on Apr 26, 2012, 09:14 PM
SPOILER ALERT!

What the hell came out of that woman!    The smoke monster is back! ;D

** Continued spoilers **

Seems as if this "Lord of Light" has a few tricks up his sleeve, no? I'm very interested in how they play this out. The HBO series changed up the "smoke monster" sequence a bit. I think it's going in the same direction as the book but we'll see on Sunday I suppose. That birthing scene with Melissandra was badass!!

lil sis

Best show on TV.  The first few episodes of this season were a little ehhh for me but I know they have to do some storybuilding here.  Last week's episode was fire.  With the football season over this is the only good thing about Sundays.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Jackets N Pones

Final season here we go
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

parkervb

been jumping into some old episodes and its funny all of the lines they drop in that take on 2nd meaning the 2nd time seeing them.

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

For instance, in the episode where Joffrey is poisoned, Olenna Tyrell says to Sansa that it's shameful that her brother and mother were killed at a wedding while she's the one we find out poisons Joffrey on his wedding day!

Don't you ever turn it off

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 08, 2019, 03:16 PMbeen jumping into some old episodes and its funny all of the lines they drop in that take on 2nd meaning the 2nd time seeing them.

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

For instance, in the episode where Joffrey is poisoned, Olenna Tyrell says to Sansa that it's shameful that her brother and mother were killed at a wedding while she's the one we find out poisons Joffrey on his wedding day!

Yes I am going back and watching some of my favorite scenes and am coming across some of the same stuff!

Battle of Winterfell going to be wild

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

davymac

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Apr 24, 2019, 04:19 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Apr 08, 2019, 03:16 PMbeen jumping into some old episodes and its funny all of the lines they drop in that take on 2nd meaning the 2nd time seeing them.

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

Yes I am going back and watching some of my favorite scenes and am coming across some of the same stuff!

Battle of Winterfell going to be wild

Rewatching this show was very enlightening, lots of nuggets of foreshadowing.  I heard earlier this week that Battle of Winterfell will be the longest episode yet!