Red Rocks 2011 - anyone tape this one? Best MMJ show EVER!

Started by doctornamtab, Feb 14, 2012, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctornamtab

so I've spent the good part of 6 months exhausting myself looking for the Red Rocks 2011 show. It was August 3rd or 4th and it blew my mind apart, reformed it in an exact replica of MMJ's collective brain, blew it apart again, it leaked out my ears into a puddle and then I had to shovel it back in to make any sense of myself again. Then they blew my mind again.

so please, who has taped this. I will pay you in body parts. I have pretty good kidneys but dont be looking for lungs or a liver. Those are shot.

Please?

Please.

Stevie

Amazing show.  My vote for best setlist of the summer.  Word of advice to future Red Rocks newcomers.... If you got GA tix get there as early as you possibly can.  What a waste to have been at nearly the top of the bowl at that venue.. great view of everything BUT the stage and i don't care how good the acoustics are or how well the sound travels.. you just aren't in the mix.  Yes, i failed.  Sorry for the negativity, though..  Still an incredible show.  Dondante, Steam Engine, and Touch Me Part II all extended past the norm and I think it was Dondante that was about 20 minutes, seemed like an hour at the time.  Many of the oldies..

I guess i second the tape request although i think it's been brought up before many times.

Mr. White

MMJ - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - 8/4/2011 - Full Show with Soundboard Audio (Roll Call Exclusive) & Audience/Fan Videos with a few Sun, Earth, and Moon Videos for songs missing live footage.

YouTube Videos Used Made Available By:
Aaron Alaniz
David Croskey
Dave Whiteman
Don Whitehouse
J3507
John Prinzo
K Martini
cyrus765
ruckuspitproductions
Matt Weatherly
tjmallers80

Photos By:
Joe McCabe
Soren McCarty
Michael Martin

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

whats very strange is how the STRANGULATION! from this show ISN'T the Red Rocks 2011 Strangulation!....it's the OKONOKOS version of STRANGULATION! .....what the fuck is going on with Strangulation! not being on the recording??? It's very odd.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

sillyboob

Interesting find.  What kind of sorcery is being done here???
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Mr. White

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 30, 2017, 08:39 PM
whats very strange is how the STRANGULATION! from this show ISN'T the Red Rocks 2011 Strangulation!....it's the OKONOKOS version of STRANGULATION! .....what the fuck is going on with Strangulation! not being on the recording??? It's very odd.
Quote from: sillyboob on Jul 30, 2017, 09:40 PM

This is even stranger than all that. I've also noticed that Mahgeetah from Carl's Roll Call Exclusive FLAC Download isn't really the one from Red Rocks 2011 either. It's not even live like the accidental substitution of Strangulation from Okonokos in place of Red Rocks 2011. I noticed this when building my Full Show compilation I posted above. Luckily, I still have my MP3 Free Roll Call Exclusive Download from about 4 years ago. It has the real live version of Mahgeetah. Therefore, I was able to keep it in the show. Also, the download leaves out 4 full songs, "Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2", "Wordless Chorus", "Holdin' On To Black Metal", and ""Anytime". (I've even sent an e-mail to Bandcamp about those two issues.) However, I didn't notice the probable accidental substitution of Okonokos' Strangulation in place of the real one from Red Rocks 2011 (and yes, I checked, and the real version was part of the MP3 Roll Call Exclusive). Now I'll have to go back and re-do that particular video and then do the whole concert thing (that takes hours and hours and hours and ...). I'll get around to it eventually. Thanks for noticing this though guys. I was wondering why the ending of my video didn't quite match up with what they were doing on stage at Red Rocks 2011. The video is from far away, and you can't see Jim's lips or the exact drums Patrick is hitting, but it did match up for a long time (rhythm must have been pretty close and tight for this song). This is too weird.

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 30, 2017, 11:03 PM

This is even stranger than all that. I've also noticed that Mahgeetah from Carl's Roll Call Exclusive FLAC Download isn't really the one from Red Rocks 2011 either. It's not even live like the accidental substitution of Strangulation from Okonokos in place of Red Rocks 2011. I noticed this when building my Full Show compilation I posted above. Luckily, I still have my MP3 Free Roll Call Exclusive Download from about 4 years ago. It has the real live version of Mahgeetah. Therefore, I was able to keep it in the show. Also, the download leaves out 4 full songs, "Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2", "Wordless Chorus", "Holdin' On To Black Metal", and ""Anytime". (I've even sent an e-mail to Bandcamp about those two issues.) However, I didn't notice the probable accidental substitution of Okonokos' Strangulation in place of the real one from Red Rocks 2011 (and yes, I checked, and the real version was part of the MP3 Roll Call Exclusive. Now I'll have to go back and re-do that particular video and then do the whole concert thing (that takes hours and hours and hours and ...). I'll get around to it eventually. Thanks for noticing this though guys. I was wondering why the ending of my video didn't quite match up with what they were doing on stage at Red Rocks 2011. The video is from far away, and you can't see Jim's lips or the exact drums Patrick is hitting, but it did match up for a long time (rhythm mus have been pretty close and tight for this song). This is too weird.

i should've explained in my first comment that it reminded me that it was like that on Carl's Roll Call upload on his bandcamp or whatever, it seriously wasn't your fault it was like that on his page and same with Mahgeeta hahah it was so odd dood. Mr. White it's okay dood don't worry about it! Do it whenever you have the time it IS time consuming we appreciate all you do! I don't understand the editing of the shows like that due to small "issues" or whatever the management claims with wind and stuff like that. We get that accidents happen during recordings management doods, we just want the full shows!  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: 

Mr. White, cheers !!  :cool: :cool: :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer: :beer:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Mr. White

When editing that Chicago Night 3 show from June 11, 2015, I noticed they DID edit down the ending of OBH. The real jam where they wait for Jim to give the last fast strum, so Patrick can do the last drum crash, lasted way longer than the final released WXRT FM Broadcast. After all, they didn't broadcast it live. They waited at least a week or more, if I remember correctly. Still seems odd to edit loud rock and roll stuff like that.

ericm

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 30, 2017, 11:03 PM

This is even stranger than all that. I've also noticed that Mahgeetah from Carl's Roll Call Exclusive FLAC Download isn't really the one from Red Rocks 2011 either. It's not even live like the accidental substitution of Strangulation from Okonokos in place of Red Rocks 2011. I noticed this when building my Full Show compilation I posted above. Luckily, I still have my MP3 Free Roll Call Exclusive Download from about 4 years ago. It has the real live version of Mahgeetah. Therefore, I was able to keep it in the show. Also, the download leaves out 4 full songs, "Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2", "Wordless Chorus", "Holdin' On To Black Metal", and ""Anytime". (I've even sent an e-mail to Bandcamp about those two issues.) However, I didn't notice the probable accidental substitution of Okonokos' Strangulation in place of the real one from Red Rocks 2011 (and yes, I checked, and the real version was part of the MP3 Roll Call Exclusive). Now I'll have to go back and re-do that particular video and then do the whole concert thing (that takes hours and hours and hours and ...). I'll get around to it eventually. Thanks for noticing this though guys. I was wondering why the ending of my video didn't quite match up with what they were doing on stage at Red Rocks 2011. The video is from far away, and you can't see Jim's lips or the exact drums Patrick is hitting, but it did match up for a long time (rhythm must have been pretty close and tight for this song). This is too weird.

When you re-do it Mr. White make sure you have the Wordless from that show. It's unmistakable as at one point Jim actually has the band stop playing while security is dealing with a fan, and he asks if everything is ok there.

It happened right by us and basically a guy ran in front of the stage and when security went to clear him out, he bolted right up the center of the rows, and security got to him by about the 3rd row, and were taking him out. Jim saw the commotion but I guess didn't know exactly what was happening. Pretty surreal moment as the guy was a pretty big dude, and when Jim asked if everything was alright, most at Red Rocks had no idea what was actually going on and cheered that they were great. Lol and once Jim saw everything was cool they went right back into Wordless.

It was one of those had to be there moments that ended up being captured on the audio, even if most weren't aware of what actually happened.
"Where's Jim going?"

Mr. White

Yeah, ericm, that moment is in the video I just did. I watched it a couple of times on my TV and noticed it yesterday. I listen to this show a lot (the original Roll Call version). I listen to it doing yard work, so I remembered Jim's remarks.

Mr. White

ericm, I just found the exact spot on my recording that it happens. Jim tells them to stop and asks if everybody is OK at the 2:19:00 mark (2 hours and 19 minutes in).

ericm

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 30, 2017, 11:55 PM
Yeah, ericm, that moment is in the video I just did. I watched it a couple of times on my TV and noticed it yesterday. I listen to this show a lot (the original Roll Call version). I listen to it doing yard work, so I remembered Jim's remarks.

Ahh my bad Mr. White. I haven't had a chance to check out your video yet and thought it was missing the four songs you mentioned. Glad you have that Wordless included, and I'll be watching the video soon. It'll be hard to top being there that night but fun to relive it I'm sure.   :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the great work you do.   :cool:   :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Mr. White

Quote from: ericm on Jul 31, 2017, 07:49 AM
Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 30, 2017, 11:55 PM

Ahh my bad Mr. White. I haven't had a chance to check out your video yet and thought it was missing the four songs you mentioned. Glad you have that Wordless included, and I'll be watching the video soon. It'll be hard to top being there that night but fun to relive it I'm sure.   :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the great work you do.   :cool:   :beer:

Alright, I went ahead and fixed Strangulation last night. Now, I'm in the process of uploading the new and improved version to YouTube. I'll repost after fixing the link. This will take a few more hours though (currently at 14%).

Mr. White

OK. The song has been re-edited, the show has been re-saved, and it is now up on YouTube. All previous links have been replaced.

Hope you all like this fan video compilation.

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 31, 2017, 08:33 PM
OK. The song has been re-edited, the show has been re-saved, and it is now up on YouTube. All previous links have been replaced.

i already did ! your work was already so sick and well done man, us fans have much respect to you for this , thank you i always wanted to hear this Strangulation! How come this show didnt surface earlier?

Mr. White

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 01, 2017, 09:14 AM

i already did ! your work was already so sick and well done man, us fans have much respect to you for this , thank you i always wanted to hear this Strangulation! How come this show didnt surface earlier?

Wow! This gets more and more interesting! I had sent an e-mail to Bandcamp complaining about the mix-ups with the songs and all.
Here's my original e-mail sent on Sat., July 29th:
"Hello! My name is John, and I recently bought the My Morning Jacket Red Rocks
2011 Roll Call Exclusive download and noticed you all made a mistake when
uploading. The song, "Mahgeetah" - Track 21 - is the Original Studio Version
instead of the Live Version that should be a part of this Live Red Rocks
Recording. This needs to be corrected before others purchase it too. Plus, I was
just wondering why 4 other songs were missing from this version. I also have the
original, original MP3 Roll Call Fan Club Exclusive Version that came with the
Deluxe Membership in Roll Call, maybe back in 2012 or 2013. Anyway, they are
included in that version. The main reason I paid money for this version here on
Bandcamp was because I wanted the higher resolution FLAC version instead. What
happened to the missing 4 tracks?
Thanks,
John"

I got this reply yesterday but didn't see it until just now:
"Hello John,

That release and the account that contained it were illegitimate, and have been
removed from the site. We've issued you a refund for your payment, and you
should see the funds returned to you soon if not already.
Sorry about that,

Bryan"

"Illegitimate"!?!
What the hell does that mean!?!
Does that mean someone, other than Carl and/or the band, put those albums and tracks on Bandcamp's Interweb site/in their store and actually collected money for sales???
This is unreal!!!

Well, if this is true, and that album is still unavailable for purchase and was only available to Roll Call Members who purchased the Deluxe Membership back in 2012 or maybe 2013, then I guess it would be OK to make this video compilation available to all...maybe...

Anyway, this is all too weird!

As far as why this show flew under the radar as they say, I guess it's because it was never for sale on Livedownloads.com/Nugs or anywhere else, and people sort of forgot about it. I listen to my original MP3 Roll Call version a lot when doing yard work. I have a simple GPX MP3/WAV player that I stick in my pocket while mowing (have shooter's hearing protection over my earphones to block out outside noises). Maybe it's time to get this out there in the MMJ Fan Community...

Edit:
Just checked my e-mails again and did get the refund. Also, when I click on the link to Carl's downloads, the page no longer loads. It either sends you to a page that says sorry this something you are looking for doesn't exist or sends you to their generic home page. Weird! Someone was getting money by bootlegging MMJ albums under Carl's name on Bandcamp! Scandalous!!!

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 01, 2017, 01:17 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 01, 2017, 09:14 AM

Wow! This gets more and more interesting! I had sent an e-mail to Bandcamp complaining about the mix-ups with the songs and all.
Here's my original e-mail sent on Sat., July 29th:
"Hello! My name is John, and I recently bought the My Morning Jacket Red Rocks
2011 Roll Call Exclusive download and noticed you all made a mistake when
uploading. The song, "Mahgeetah" - Track 21 - is the Original Studio Version
instead of the Live Version that should be a part of this Live Red Rocks
Recording. This needs to be corrected before others purchase it too. Plus, I was
just wondering why 4 other songs were missing from this version. I also have the
original, original MP3 Roll Call Fan Club Exclusive Version that came with the
Deluxe Membership in Roll Call, maybe back in 2012 or 2013. Anyway, they are
included in that version. The main reason I paid money for this version here on
Bandcamp was because I wanted the higher resolution FLAC version instead. What
happened to the missing 4 tracks?
Thanks,
John"

I got this reply yesterday but didn't see it until just now:
"Hello John,

That release and the account that contained it were illegitimate, and have been
removed from the site. We've issued you a refund for your payment, and you
should see the funds returned to you soon if not already.
Sorry about that,

Bryan"

"Illegitimate"!?!
What the hell does that mean!?!
Does that mean someone, other than Carl and/or the band, put those albums and tracks on Bandcamp's Interweb site/in their store and actually collected money for sales???
This is unreal!!!

Well, if this is true, and that album is still unavailable for purchase and was only available to Roll Call Members who purchased the Deluxe Membership back in 2012 or maybe 2013, then I guess it would be OK to make this video compilation available to all...maybe...

Anyway, this is all too weird!

As far as why this show flew under the radar as they say, I guess it's because it was never for sale on Livedownloads.com/Nugs or anywhere else, and people sort of forgot about it. I listen to my original MP3 Roll Call version a lot when doing yard work. I have a simple GPX MP3/WAV player that I stick in my pocket while mowing (have shooter's hearing protection over my earphones to block out outside noises). Maybe it's time to get this out there in the MMJ Fan Community...

Edit:
Just checked my e-mails again and did get the refund. Also, when I click on the link to Carl's downloads, the page no longer loads. It either sends you to a page that says sorry this something you are looking for doesn't exist or sends you to their generic home page. Weird! Someone was getting money by bootlegging MMJ albums under Carl's name on Bandcamp! Scandalous!!!

ohhhhhh my gawwwwwd what the hell is going on?!?!!? this is madness. MMJ needs to take their live legacy more seriously, this is a lot of money for them in reality. We all know this band will live on and on for decades and these live moments will be cherished and treasured. They need to make even more available through the appropriate channels of course hahah

Varitek

would anyone be willing and able to supply me with the tracks that were omitted from the bogus RedRocks 2011 Bandcamp upload? I didn't have that show and I excitedly purchased FLAC's when I saw that it was available but now realize what went down after reading this thread.

Nice work on the video Mr White. While my situation is very minor I feel bad for Carl and all the extra effort this caused for Mr White..
"Did he just put on a cape?"