Album Club...Round 2, Thursdays 9pm EST?

Started by sweatboard, Mar 04, 2012, 11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

any interest in starting this up agian?  Thursdays at 9pm EST. 

If you want to sign up for Album Club there are four rules.

1. Pick a killer album
2. Reveal your album choice at the end of the listening party the week before your turn.
3. BE HERE for your week so you can lead the listening party/discussion. Start a thread at least 5min prior to 9pm EST on your Thursday.   
4. Don't ever talk about Album Club to anyone that's not already participating.  THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!

1.  Sweatboard - 3/8 (Drivin N' Cryin - Fly Me Courageous)
2. ManNamedTruth - 3/15
3. YimBlaylock - 3/22
There's Still Time.........

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

sweatboard

1. Sweatboard - 3/8 (Drivin N Cryin - Fly Me Courageous)
2. ManNamedTruth - 3/15

YimBlaylock

It's all happening.

sweatboard

Good news, the first two peeps to sign up are AWESOME....just check out their screen names!!!

Everyone that's "in" should start studying my album now.  You can buy it, spotify it, Rhapsody it, tweet it, whatever.... You have plenty of time to get familiar with it.  It's a great record.   

Thank me on Thursday!   :-*  :)

Or don't, I love a good debate. 

wolof7

I'm in, thanks for re-starting this Sweatboard....

1. Sweatboard - 3/8 (Drivin N Cryin - Fly Me Courageous)
2. ManNamedTruth - 3/15
3. Wolof - 3/22
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

BH

I want to play this time, but I have to finish my spotify sign up....I'll get back to you shortly...
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

I'm back in too. Thursday's a good night, I hate the yoga class now being offered at that time at my studio.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

mjk73

ManNamedTruth

updated schedule, Wolof forgot about YimBlaylock.

Sweatboard - 3/8
ManNamedTruth - 3/15
YimBlaylock - 3/22
Wolof -3/29
Crispy 4/5
mjk - 4/12

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ManNamedTruth

Next week's album, Love - Forever Changes

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Mar 09, 2012, 12:19 AM
Next week's album, Love - Forever Changes

Thanks for puttin' me onto this, True!!  Good sounds!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  I'll try to pop in for this!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ManNamedTruth

wolof7

MNT is it me or YimBlaylock up tonight? I have one ready if need be but he's on the schedg for tonight....

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: wolof7 on Mar 22, 2012, 08:10 PM
MNT is it me or YimBlaylock up tonight? I have one ready if need be but he's on the schedg for tonight....

Sorry I wasn't around all day to answer that in time. I did however totally PM you a couple days ago as well as mentioning it in the Forever Changes thread that it was your turn. Just sayin'  ;)

EDIT: I can't remember who I PM'd now cause it looks like it was Yim's turn. So either you or Yim got a PM. I'm sorry if I caused confusion by telling you it was your turn when it was Yim's.

ManNamedTruth

I just sent a message to Yim that he's up next week, Wolof you can go for the week after, unless I don't hear back from him. This gives us another week to discuss what a masterpiece Forever Changes is.

YimBlaylock

Sorry guys, been really busy here lately. Haven't been on the forum much at all here lately. I mistakenly thought I was going the next week. I can either pick an album for next thursday, or we can just go with Wolof's pick. Again, my apologies.
It's all happening.

wolof7

It's all yours this week YimB. Looking forward to it!

YimBlaylock

It's all happening.