Show your framed MMJ show posters

Started by bicyclejoe, Feb 11, 2009, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

I think floating it would be the only option to keep those visible.

vandemusser

Quote from: ericm on Jul 11, 2016, 09:00 PM
Quote from: vandemusser on Jul 11, 2016, 08:36 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 11, 2016, 08:23 PM
Seeing these made me just custy up and buy a VIP on eBay!

I noticed both of you covered up the print # and signature.

Had to... Reno put it so close to the edge, there was no way to keep it visible. That's where Burwell shines - he understands that people frame his posters and accounts for it in the design. Ken Taylor is also great at this. I keep praying that MMJ will get him to do some prints someday...

The Reno sig is definitely too close to the edge to matte and frame on the RR. I barely got it in  on my T5 and this one is closer to the edge. Matt Leunig did the same thing with the St. Augustine poster, and I had to unfortunately cover his sig up as well.

I'd love to see Ken Taylor do some MMJ prints. I love his stuff, especially his Phish  Alpharetta GA 2011 one.  :thumbsup: 

I have this Ken Taylor up in my living room... imagine what he could do with MMJ!

ericm

Yeah that's a beauty and it'd be great if he does some Jacket prints.  :thumbsup:

Here's that Phish one I was talking about. It was some pretty eerie foreshadowing because we got hit with a hell of a storm pre show and again mid first set. Band had to be pulled off stage and we didn't know if they'd be able to come back on. After about an hour of intense rain, wind and lightning they finally did. Definitely a memorable show for me and this poster fits the night perfectly.

http://fs167.www.ex.ua/show/26174904/26174904.jpg?800
"Where's Jim going?"

DrunkFish

Quote from: ericm on Jul 12, 2016, 04:31 PM
Yeah that's a beauty and it'd be great if he does some Jacket prints.  [emoji106]

Here's that Phish one I was talking about. It was some pretty eerie foreshadowing because we got hit with a hell of a storm pre show and again mid first set. Band had to be pulled off stage and we didn't know if they'd be able to come back on. After about an hour of intense rain, wind and lightning they finally did. Definitely a memorable show for me and this poster fits the night perfectly.

http://fs167.www.ex.ua/show/26174904/26174904.jpg?800
Man. That is really cool.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I'm going where there ain't no need to escape from what is only spirits at ease

rkwedge

My first attempt to post photo's, fingers crossed. 
Just got these framed.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

vandemusser

Just got my Burwell 2016 Red Rocks variants back from the framer... one is #5/15 and the other is #9/15. Man, these were tricky. The different color papers and the crazy colors made it challenging to find mats that complemented both. Chose a dark grey field mat, plus 2 accent mats - one is lavender, the other is royal blue. Also added an acrylic spacer between the accent mats for additional depth.

fleedawg

I'm new to the forum but wanted to show what I've gotten framed up so far. I have a RR 2011 and both of this years RR prints in my flat awaiting framing. Here are my TN Theater 2015 variant, Bonnaroo 2015 variant, and RR 2012 Yellow.

Emb1528

Just got this sucker framed for a Christmas gift to my brother-in-law. His first MMJ concert.
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

DrunkFish

That is awesome! The matte colors are great, nice work, fantastic Christmas gift.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I'm going where there ain't no need to escape from what is only spirits at ease

ericm

Quote from: Emb1528 on Dec 21, 2016, 09:14 PM
Just got this sucker framed for a Christmas gift to my brother-in-law. His first MMJ concert.

Well done once again! Seriously, really great job on that one.  :thumbsup:   
"Where's Jim going?"

Emb1528

I was pretty pleased how it turned out. My guess is he'll put it in my 14 month old nephews room. Get the little guy started early on MMJ.

Emb1528

Those are pretty awesome! How did you score those?

fleedawg

Quote from: Emb1528 on Jun 23, 2017, 01:04 PM
Those are pretty awesome! How did you score those?

I got the OGs from the Burwell Cancer Recovery Fund Sale. I can't wait to get these on the wall. I just realized that this probably wasn't the appropriate thread to put here in but I'll follow up when they're on the wall proper.

LBSUNFLWR

Finally took the two Iroquois show posters to the framer today. It's only been a year. :)
Will post when I get them back

LBSUNFLWR

this is what you see when in you walk in the front door now!

Emb1528

Lame photobucket changing their sharing policy

johnnYYac

Quote from: Emb1528 on Sep 02, 2017, 10:24 AM
Lame photobucket changing their sharing policy
I deleted the previous post but now see photobucket pulled the rug out from under a few other shared images above, so I'll leave it to you to decide if you want to modify with new links or remove those posts.   :smiley:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

I finally got this sort-of matching set of 2008 Burwells framed up together:

"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."