Rafael Nadal- 10,200,852
Kings Of Leon- 10,539,699
Nickelback- 13,211,579
Adele- 24,899,850
Barack Obama- 25,917,507
Lil Wayne- 36,591,348
Justin Bieber- 42,022,582
Lady Gaga- 49,811,987
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

e_wind

It's insane that Lady Gaga, in the age of the Internet, and only being around for a few years, has sold the amound that she has. She's in the top 25 or so. I can't remember the number, but I know I was shocked
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ManNamedTruth

How does Band of Horses have more likes than Wilco and MMJ? Mumford and Sons continue to be overrated.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Fully

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 08, 2012, 08:57 PM
How does Band of Horses have more likes than Wilco and MMJ? Mumford and Sons continue to be overrated.

They have more likes than God. They must be The Beatles or something. I like their music, but I don't like it that much.

The sad thing is look how many likes Nickelback ad Kings of Leon have. Shitty music thrives.

I'm also surprised at Ice Cream over Pearl Jam.

Tracy 2112

Mumford and Sons continue to be overrated.

I gotta claim clueless when it comes to Mumford and Sons. They're playing 3 shows in a row at The Ryman and my sister wanted me to get a couple tix for her son. So I'm like, all-right, and went waltzing into Ticketmaster about 15 minutes after they went on sale and the best I could find was singles for each night. They sold out 3 shows in about 20 minutes and I still can't tell you 1 song they do. Weird.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

buymycar

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 08, 2012, 10:31 PM

I gotta claim clueless when it comes to Mumford and Sons. They're playing 3 shows in a row at The Ryman and my sister wanted me to get a couple tix for her son. So I'm like, all-right, and went waltzing into Ticketmaster about 15 minutes after they went on sale and the best I could find was singles for each night. They sold out 3 shows in about 20 minutes and I still can't tell you 1 song they do. Weird.

Well, they only have one song, so once you've heard it, you'll know.  I'll give you a hint:  it involves acoustic guitars and a single kick drum.

rincon

Quote from: buymycar on Apr 08, 2012, 11:23 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 08, 2012, 10:31 PM

Well, they only have one song, so once you've heard it, you'll know.  I'll give you a hint:  it involves acoustic guitars and a single kick drum.
This all fits right into the thread about MMJ being "unknown". More proof of the insanity of planet earth.

jimsflyingv

well, although I wish the guys of MMJ a lot of success and that they do well living on their music but I am really glad that they are not mainstream and everyone´s taste.

For me they are the best band in the world right now and I try to get my friends into liking them.
A good friend of mine is more into mainstream music, Kings of Leon, Adele and stuff like that but I made her a MMJ mix cd and one of her favorite songs is Phone Went West

Luna Moth

i like the way that looks, right beside The Flaming Lips, don't forget bands like Widespread Panic with only 273,798 likes who have had a long super successful career, many fans, and plenty of support to do as they wish. I think the fellas are doing very well where they currently stand. Wouldn't want it to be extreme.

BigHerm

I was looking around and shocked to see Cage The Elephant with almost 900,000.

MrWhippy

Is it a good or a bad thing that I have no idea what "planking" is?
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Taterbug

Quote from: MrWhippy on Apr 09, 2012, 07:40 PM
Is it a good or a bad thing that I have no idea what "planking" is?

It's a good thing.  I found out from my 15 year old daughter who was ecstatic that she new something that dear old Dad didn't. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

zanjam

Speaking of fb..if anyone wants to connect on fb please pm me.  I have three friends (out of about 800) that ever respond to my MMJ shit.  So I need some MMJ love, if you want to give it.  And yeah, this ties into the "How come no one has ever heard of MMJ thread."  But since I got on the train so late, it doesn't seem to bother me.  The less people taking up my space, the better.
anything + reverb always = better

Devil Ledbetter

Ha. That was my question too. I saw them in Savannah last April. Zzzzzz. I liked their last album well enough, but that concert was like watching paint dry. We stayed at a bed and breakfast, and a couple of girls were there who'd come to Savannah just for that concert. They went on and on about how great it was. We nodded politely.  ;)
We understand it's the '90s.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Apr 11, 2012, 08:21 AM
Ha. That was my question too. I saw them in Savannah last April. Zzzzzz. I liked their last album well enough, but that concert was like watching paint dry. We stayed at a bed and breakfast, and a couple of girls were there who'd come to Savannah just for that concert. They went on and on about how great it was. We nodded politely.  ;)

I have the first two BOH albums and the Mumford and Sons album. I think both bands are OK in my book, just can't see why anyone could get obsessed over them. Mumford and Sons blew up after one album when there are so many more deserving bands out there, I don't really resent them for it at all though. I'm sure they were just as surprised at their success.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

Jenna Jameson on top of Flaming Lips

Also, I always find it funny at all the hate Mumford & Sons seem to get from music snobs. Its good music.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

iLikeBeer

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 24, 2012, 09:49 PM

Also, I always find it funny at all the hate Mumford & Sons seem to get from music snobs. Its good music.

Agreed Cappy.  I feel the same way about BOH.  They may not be the greatest band to see live, but that doesn't diminish the quality of music they make.  Now if you want to hate on KOL and Nickelback, by all means, go right ahead...  :)

e_wind

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Apr 25, 2012, 01:27 PM

Agreed Cappy.  I feel the same way about BOH.  They may not be the greatest band to see live, but that doesn't diminish the quality of music they make.  Now if you want to hate on KOL and Nickelback, by all means, go right ahead...  :)

In my opinion (<-- key word) the mumford and sons music is just super regurgitated easy listening poppy folk with depressing lyrics. It's been done so many times. There is no originality at all. They basically are a less interesting, more predictable version of The Avetts. I love the Avett bros though
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

tbear

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 25, 2012, 03:13 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Apr 25, 2012, 01:27 PM

In my opinion (<-- key word) the mumford and sons music is just super regurgitated easy listening poppy folk with depressing lyrics. It's been done so many times. There is no originality at all. They basically are a less interesting, more predictable version of The Avetts. I love the Avett bros though

THIS^

Mumford and Sons are fine. They have a good album. But how in the world did they become this popular? The Avetts have been doing far more interesting music for years, yet are just now breaking through, and with no where near the impact that Mumford has had.

(Side Note: I have LOVED the Avett Brothers for several years now, but I am pretty worried about their current direction. I did not love the last album (I consider their album Emotionalism in my top 10). And the last time I saw them, at RCMH, it felt like they were trying to change their sound to fit bigger rooms - e.g. adding a drummer. RCMH IS murder (in the city) on allot of bands, though.)

joey_rogo

Quote from: tbear on Apr 25, 2012, 06:32 PM(Side Note: I have LOVED the Avett Brothers for several years now, but I am pretty worried about their current direction. I did not love the last album (I consider their album Emotionalism in my top 10). And the last time I saw them, at RCMH, it felt like they were trying to change their sound to fit bigger rooms - e.g. adding a drummer. RCMH IS murder (in the city) on allot of bands, though.)

Not to sidetrack the thread but I just saw the Avett Bros this past Sunday and thought it was awesome. It was my first show of theirs, and I am totally late to the party, but I dig their style. The did have a drummer, but he only played on fewer than half of the songs. I look forward to hearing more of their older albums :thumbsup: