Started by YouAre_GivenToFly, Apr 23, 2012, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solace

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 23, 2012, 02:09 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be over Labor Day.

Jacket Fest West Part Deux!

if i had to guess, i would say it'll be around 8/11 or shortly thereafter

Shug

Sept 1, 2 and 3rd are open on the Red Rocks calendar....so are Sept 15th and 16th.

I was just looking at the weekends.

e-wind, do you have any more scoop (rumor-wise) that you are free to share with us here?
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

APR

Nice.  I love the speculation/anticipation, but it makes me check the web and the Forum too often.  Could be a summer tour brewing???.......

..........I hope I'm not reporting anything out of line or bogus, but Songkick (which is not 100% reliable) has MMJ at the Mann in Philly August 17.

headhunter

Quote from: APR on Apr 23, 2012, 07:25 PM
Nice.  I love the speculation/anticipation, but it makes me check the web and the Forum too often.  Could be a summer tour brewing???.......

..........I hope I'm not reporting anything out of line or bogus, but Songkick (which is not 100% reliable) has MMJ at the Mann in Philly August 17.

WHY YES THEY DO!!!!!   :D :D :D    Might it be time for a late summer tour?Love the hint on Twitter today.   NEED some news!!!!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

dont_go_on_me

the Philly date is on MMJ's FB page.

e_wind

Yeah I head it's all August/sept.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

APR

Quote from: dont_go_on_me on Apr 23, 2012, 09:21 PM
the Philly date is on MMJ's FB page.

Beautiful! (and great forum name)

oistheone

Mid-August at Red Rocks would be unreal. Would NOT be able to live with myself if I passed on ANOTHER Red Rocks show.

ms. yvon

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 23, 2012, 11:32 AM
Twitter: @mymorningjacket what color is your favorite Rock? #hint
:o holy cats!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

timandre22185

When does everyone think we'll know more about a date(s)?  I'm not sure how much lead time they usually give after a tour stop hint on Twitter.

zanjam

Quote from: timandre22185 on Apr 24, 2012, 10:19 AM
When does everyone think we'll know more about a date(s)?  I'm not sure how much lead time they usually give after a tour stop hint on Twitter.

I have a friend who works for AEG in Denver and he posted about five new Red Rocks shows on fb yesterday.  I think it will be VERY soon...today would be my guess.  I am really antsy to see what else gets announced.  Would love to do Red Rocks but don't know if it's in the cards for me.  I could really use a multiple night SF run!!!
anything + reverb always = better

oistheone

PLEASE don't read too much into this, but a well-known promoter in the area tweeted about bringing a horse to Colorado. I want this so badly to mean Neil and Crazy Horse, but I'm trying to tell my imagination to shut up.

Anyway, where do you guys usually stay at these RR shows? Close to the place, or do you just grab a cab from Denver, or another close area?

logan5ive

1. Will it be 1 or 2 shows?
2. Will there be opening acts?
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

Rizzos Girl

Quote from: zanjam on Apr 24, 2012, 12:51 PM
Quote from: timandre22185 on Apr 24, 2012, 10:19 AM

I have a friend who works for AEG in Denver and he posted about five new Red Rocks shows on fb yesterday.  I think it will be VERY soon...today would be my guess.  I am really antsy to see what else gets announced.  Would love to do Red Rocks but don't know if it's in the cards for me.  I could really use a multiple night SF run!!!

Jack White is coming August 4th. We also have two nights of Wilco in June. Gonna be the best summer concert series at Red Rocks in a long time.

crookedheart82

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 24, 2012, 12:55 PM
PLEASE don't read too much into this, but a well-known promoter in the area tweeted about bringing a horse to Colorado. I want this so badly to mean Neil and Crazy Horse, but I'm trying to tell my imagination to shut up.

Anyway, where do you guys usually stay at these RR shows? Close to the place, or do you just grab a cab from Denver, or another close area?

It's Band of Horses, this will be a co-headlining MMJ/BOH run.

johnnYYac

I went to the Band of Horses site, looking for clues.  A photo on their "Tour Blog" link looked familiar, so I enlarged it.  See a lot of familiar faces, and an over-the-top BoH fan we all remember well.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 24, 2012, 08:08 PM
I went to the Band of Horses site, looking for clues.  A photo on their "Tour Blog" link looked familiar, so I enlarged it.  See a lot of familiar faces, and an over-the-top BoH fan we all remember well.

Bless her heart.

oistheone

Quote from: crookedheart82 on Apr 24, 2012, 07:40 PM
Quote from: oistheone on Apr 24, 2012, 12:55 PM

It's Band of Horses, this will be a co-headlining MMJ/BOH run.

Ahhhhhh, of course! Now THAT makes a lot more sense!

scosby2

Can't and won't miss this

oistheone

Time to play before or after...

The August 17th Philly date?

Based on the 2011 tour itinerary, I'll say... before.