Red Rocks?!?!?!

Started by YouAre_GivenToFly, Apr 23, 2012, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Quote from: crookedheart82 on Apr 24, 2012, 07:40 PM
Quote from: oistheone on Apr 24, 2012, 12:55 PM
PLEASE don't read too much into this, but a well-known promoter in the area tweeted about bringing a horse to Colorado. I want this so badly to mean Neil and Crazy Horse, but I'm trying to tell my imagination to shut up.

Anyway, where do you guys usually stay at these RR shows? Close to the place, or do you just grab a cab from Denver, or another close area?

It's Band of Horses, this will be a co-headlining MMJ/BOH run.

what? co-headlining? i know I drank a lot in NYC, but I think I remember BoH opening up for MMJ last december in madison square fucking garden. no way that now its co headlining
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

zanjam

PLEASE don't read too much into this, but a well-known promoter in the area tweeted about bringing a horse to Colorado. I want this so badly to mean Neil and Crazy Horse, but I'm trying to tell my imagination to shut up.

Anyway, where do you guys usually stay at these RR shows? Close to the place, or do you just grab a cab from Denver, or another close area?

I went to boulder and one of my fave red rocks memories is neil and crazy horse in the pouring rain!  Grateful dead not too shabby, either!  ;)

That said, nothing would make me happier than mmj/boh at red rocks.  I think I would need to plan a mommy getaway weekend.  Crossing fingers it all works out.
anything + reverb always = better

Matthew

August 3-4 mark my words

Penny Lane

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 24, 2012, 10:09 PM

what? co-headlining? i know I drank a lot in NYC, but I think I remember BoH opening up for MMJ last december in madison square fucking garden. no way that now its co headlining

you're on crack if you think it's gonna be a co-headliner (no offense)

edited---sorry that came across badly..just don't see how or why that would happen..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

MrWhippy

Quote from: Matthew on Apr 24, 2012, 10:57 PM
August 3-4 mark my words

Man I hope this is true.  This falling on a weekend would make it so much easier.  Particularly with the other travel already going down in MMJuly.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

headhunter

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 24, 2012, 11:07 PM

edited---sorry that came across badly..just don't see how or why that would happen..

Agreed.  BOH is a terrific band and can certainly be a headliner.
But NOT when they are playing with MMJ.

I think they all seemed to get along well when BOH opened for MMJ at MSG.
If BOH is with MMJ, they are the opening act.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ruckus

I have zero info but I can see the co-headlining thing being true.  BOH is pretty damn huge these days
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

Quote from: MrWhippy on Apr 25, 2012, 04:56 AM
Quote from: Matthew on Apr 24, 2012, 10:57 PM
August 3-4 mark my words

Man I hope this is true.  This falling on a weekend would make it so much easier.  Particularly with the other travel already going down in MMJuly.

PLEASE TOUR MANAGER---put the damn shows on a weekend!! PRETTY PWEEEEZE....

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 25, 2012, 09:01 AM
I have zero info but I can see the co-headlining thing being true.  BOH is pretty damn huge these days

whether they're commercially as big or as popular won't make too big of a difference when planning this tour (i would think). can you see MMJ coming out and playing their set balls to the wall and ending on OBH---then BOH comes out playing Detlef Schrempf? two types of music and one OBVIOUSLY goes first...

MMJ JUST DOESN'T PLAY FIRST...that's like trying to brush your teeth with your opposite hand..(or for all you dudes, doing something else from what i've heard...didn't want to get too graphic)  ;)

johnnYYac

It's like rewriting the words to Into The Woods...

I love that the idea of BoH playing after MMJ is compared to switch-hitting-handing.  ;D
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
It's like rewriting the words to Into The Woods...

I love that the idea of BoH playing after MMJ is compared to switch-hitting.  ;D
I thought switch-hitting was something else. Also, Band of Horses is a good band, but they are not playing after MMJ. That said - if it is possible for me to be there, I will be there. If Neil Young and Crazyhorse were there I would fake an illness at work to be there. Otherwise, it had better be on the weekend.

e_wind

If it does some how end up being co-headlining... I may end up not going

Shug

Jack White is on Aug 8th and Aug 3 and 4th are open, so Matthew could be correct.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

e_wind

Personally I'm hoping for something later. I'll take anything, but I'd rather not have to take off more time from work in the 3 week span from Forecastle, All Good, and my family vacation. Also, ive heard that they are touring in August/Sept. if that's true it seems like they'll start east and move west based on the Phili date.

I hope I don't have to tell my mom I won't be able to make it to family vacation, but I'll be at red rocks either way.

vespachick

I'm pretty sure they're going to do another T5-Style run between Aug 31 and Sept. 6.

Can you imagine the DVDs?!?!?!? :o

:thumbsup:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Seeker

Just checking in and saw this thread. I hope it's true, I had a lot of fun partying with you all last year.

I am out of town from July 28 to August 4, so I hope it's not scheduled then.

Charles

crookedheart82

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 24, 2012, 11:07 PM

Who knows, just repeating what I heard. It's def BOH, but maybe it won't be co-headlining. I don't care regardless, stoked to see both bands at Red Rocks. Supposedly being announced on or around the 30th.

oistheone

Last year, what kinda seats did Roll Call get? Were they assigned, or was it first 20 rows GA kinda thing?

Penny Lane

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 25, 2012, 12:25 PM
Last year, what kinda seats did Roll Call get? Were they assigned, or was it first 20 rows GA kinda thing?

i think we all got GA and then were the first people in; once we were in, they wrist banded the first few rows so we could roam around and not have to worry (they were very strict about who they let back into those first few rows.) thanks to crazylove having a yellow rain jacket and pretending to be security and soulshine's gimp going on, we had mastered the entrance/security issues.

solace

Quote from: crookedheart82 on Apr 25, 2012, 12:16 PM

Who knows, just repeating what I heard. It's def BOH, but maybe it won't be co-headlining. I don't care regardless, stoked to see both bands at Red Rocks. Supposedly being announced on or around the 30th.

i don't know if Band of Horses are doing the whole run or not, but they are playing the show here in the Twin Cities area. as for "co-headlining", i've heard 75+ minute set for BoH, regular for MMJ, whatever you want to call that. i would still say BoH are opening, but with a longer set than most openers get (and rightfully so).

as for being announced on the 30th, that's only for the show here due to the public onsale of a major outdoor festival starting on the 28th. they could announce the other dates before/after that.