2012 College Football

Started by BH, Sep 06, 2012, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Need to get this thing started again over here....

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

This weeks BH picks for betting purposes only.

Purdue +14.5 OVER Notre Dame
Air Force +21.5 OVER Michigan
Alabam -40 OVER Western Kentucky
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

iLikeBeer

I'm interested in that Purdue-ND game. 

Purdue is supposed to be an improved football team and this will tell us how improved they really are.  And also, is ND that good or is Navy just not a very good football team.

It would be difficult for me to take Michigan with that point spread.  If I were a betting man, my money would be on AF, but I would hardly be upset to lose money because Michigan covered the spread.  I think, if UofM can come out and put that Alabama game behind them, they have a good chance of winning this game big.  But if they are still feeling the hangover affects of that Bama beatdown, AF might make this game interesting...  :-\

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: BH on Sep 06, 2012, 12:59 PM

i like that Purdue pick.  no way the extended travel doesn't affect the Irish somewhat. 
what Madonna said really helped

Tracy 2112

Good luck today BH, I'm pulling for Mizzou!
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

BH

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 08, 2012, 02:06 PM

Thanks man, I'm getting nervous!

BH

So close.   I really should stay away from those big spreads.

ericm

Quote from: BH on Sep 08, 2012, 07:04 PM

Aahh. Meatloaf didn't know jack shit when it comes to parlays.  :angry: Two out of three ain't bad my ass! ( unless of course you're a bookie) :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

BH

Quote from: ericm on Sep 08, 2012, 07:21 PM
Quote from: BH on Sep 08, 2012, 07:04 PM

Aahh. Meatloaf didn't know jack shit when it comes to parlays.  :angry: Two out of three ain't bad my ass! ( unless of course you're a bookie) :wink:

Exactly.  I'd actually feel better if I lost all three!

Tracy 2112

Quote from: BH on Sep 08, 2012, 06:04 PM

OK, just saw your uniforms. I might pull for UGA   :undecided:

Mahgeetah34

In regards to last week, I stated that Michigan had nothing for Alabama and that proved pretty true. They were only ranked #9 preseason as a means of promoting a top ten matchup in week 1. Who picks these rankings anyway? USC preseason #1...pleeeasee. Just go ahead and make the BCS trophy for the SEC again. Even though it'll be a slight down year for the power of the conference, welcome to the SEC Texas A&M and Missouri  :thumbsup: 

davymac

Quote from: BH on Sep 08, 2012, 06:04 PM

old man football eh?! welcome to the sec mizzou and go dawgs!!  :beer:

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Sep 09, 2012, 01:30 AM
In regards to last week, I stated that Michigan had nothing for Alabama and that proved pretty true. They were only ranked #9 preseason as a means of promoting a top ten matchup in week 1. Who picks these rankings anyway? USC preseason #1...pleeeasee. Just go ahead and make the BCS trophy for the SEC again. Even though it'll be a slight down year for the power of the conference, welcome to the SEC Texas A&M and Missouri  :thumbsup:

I agree that Michigan was a bit overrated, but not as much as Arkansas...  :grin:  I see that Jon L. still has it...  :beer:

I still think Michigan has a good shot at getting to Pasadena.  The B1G is just not very good this year.  Michigan may have taken it on the chin in playing Alabama, but at least they did it against arguably the best team in the country.  Watching Nebraska and Wisky losing to, what I would consider, lesser Pac12 oppenents was much more embarrassing for the conference.  The B1G took it on the chin yesterday with the exception of Northwestern winning the battle of the academic schools with their win over Vandy and the SEC!   :cool:

The Bama Bear

Upon the ULM upset at Arkansas, College Gameday has switched from covering Bama-Arky this week to Florida vs. Tennessee which I think is a better match-up anyway.

I've been sweating this Arkansas game all summer, but they didn't give me too much to worry about last weekend, but I suppose they could have chosen not to prepare for the Warhawks and were looking ahead to playing the #1 team in the country. I can't give Arkansas too much shit for that loss though, the only time I ever convinced my Dad to come to Tuscaloosa for an Alabama game was my freshman year in 2007, the infamous ULM-Alabama upset.  More importantly, Louisiana-Monroe travels to Auburn this weekend!! Auburn is sitting at -16.5 favorites last time, I checked. Is it just me or does that seem like too much considering how bad Auburn has looked in its first two games?? Albeit, they faced respectable competition in those 1st two games, Clemson & Miss. St, but still...they're pretty awful up to this point.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: The Bama Bear on Sep 10, 2012, 02:56 AM
Auburn is sitting at -16.5 favorites last time, I checked. Is it just me or does that seem like too much considering how bad Auburn has looked in its first two games?? Albeit, they faced respectable competition in those 1st two games, Clemson & Miss. St, but still...they're pretty awful up to this point.

People are finding out just how much Cam Newton made Gene Chizik look like a great coach. I watched the Auburn game Saturday and it didn't look like Frazier knew what to do out there.

Jon T.

Tracy 2112

Ruckus

Quote from: Jon T. on Sep 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Sooooie!

http://youtu.be/IZ1BO0vAUD8
Thanks.  My computer just punched me in the face.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

davymac

Quote from: Jon T. on Sep 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Sooooie!

http://youtu.be/IZ1BO0vAUD8

haha i just busted out laughing in the airport

iLikeBeer