2012 College Football

Started by BH, Sep 06, 2012, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Let's try this again:

Mizzou -7.0 OVER Arizona State
Kansas State -28.0 OVER North Texas
Arkansas +21.0 OVER Alabama
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Quote from: BH on Sep 13, 2012, 11:43 AM
Let's try this again:

Don't you know that every college game is rigged?  Boosters gamble like crazy and pressure programs.  You think the 2nd wide receiver for North Texas didn't take 5 grand to fumble once and their right guard to take a couple of holdings?

Good luck sir :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 2112

Let's try this again:

Razorbacks?  meh  :undecided:

Arkansas is always overrated and with a new coach and the QB questionable.... I dunno.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 13, 2012, 01:49 PM
Let's try this again:

Razorbacks?  meh  :undecided:

Arkansas is always overrated and with a new coach and the QB questionable.... I dunno.

It's not just ANY new coach.  It's Jon L. Smith.  :grin:  Overrated coach to fit perfectly with an overrated program.  I know a lot of programs that would rebound after a bad loss like Arkansas had but I don't see Jon L. rallying the troops here.  The Hogs might cover the spread, but Bama wins easy...

There are a couple of games I'm interested in and they are MSU/ND and Tenn/UF.  Also Tracy, OleMiss/Texas might not be a bad game.  Ole Miss is 2-0 and Texas has been looking pretty good against overmatched opponents. 

The Bama Bear

John L. Smith wants you to smile...SMILE!!!!!!!  :evil:

John L. Smith Wants The Media To Smile

Mahgeetah34

Well, the SEC owns four of the top six spots in the latest poll (Alabama, LSU, Georgia and South Carolina). I'm telling you what though, Missouri and Texas A&M absolutely belong in the SEC. I wonder if Missouri can lose an SEC game by less than double digits? They really hung in there lately haha. Seriously, go ahead and make BCS trophy #7 for the conference.   

BH

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Sep 23, 2012, 01:22 PM
Well, the SEC owns four of the top six spots in the latest poll (Alabama, LSU, Georgia and South Carolina). I'm telling you what though, Missouri and Texas A&M absolutely belong in the SEC. I wonder if Missouri can lose an SEC game by less than double digits? They really hung in there lately haha. Seriously, go ahead and make BCS trophy #7 for the conference.

I guess Auburn doesn't belong either based on 1/3 of a season.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Mahgeetah34

Auburn is absolutely awful this year like Arkansas, but they did contribute a national title two years ago with Cam Newton so they get a pass.

BH

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Sep 23, 2012, 05:52 PM
Auburn is absolutely awful this year like Arkansas, but they did contribute a national title two years ago with Cam Newton so they get a pass.

Who's your team, Tennessee?

jcoyote

@ BH.  I attended the South Carolina/Missouri game on Saturday.  We bought tickets and ended up on the 3rd row in Section 14, which ended up great because we could watch the game on the giant screen.  We had three Missouri fans, probably in their 20s in front of us.  First thing they ask us if we want some whiskey.  We declined, as security was right there, six feet away from us.  This one guy had the loudest black and yellow Missouri pants on I have ever seen.  I wanted to complement him on his pants, but I was afraid he would think I was making fun of him.  I will say that they were incredibly well behaved, even though they were drinking liquor in the sun.  I don't know if I would have been able to hold it that together that well in my youth.  Well, probably in the 3rd quarter or so, security came over and took three pints away from them, but they were able to stay in the game.  I had a couple of other discussions with Missouri fans during the day.  If these ten people that I ran into are any indication of your fans, then I officially welcome you into the SEC.  We are not used to opposing fans coming in and respecting our house, whether they are winning or not!! 

davymac

jcoyote, I hope you feel the same way about georgia fans in 2 weeks!  :beer: I'm hoping gameday is there since it has been scheduled for 7 pm and its number 5 vs 6

jcoyote

Quote from: davymac on Sep 25, 2012, 11:59 AM
jcoyote, I hope you feel the same way about georgia fans in 2 weeks!  :beer: I'm hoping gameday is there since it has been scheduled for 7 pm and its number 5 vs 6

Davymac, I will NEVER feel that way about Georgia fans.  I know too much about y'all already, especially Dawg Fans coming into WB.   :evil:  That will surely be a HELL of a game.  A sure-thing Proving Ground, as J.B. once elequently stated, "Find out just how tall I am by jumping in the middle of a river." 

I know South Carolina has not proven itself yet, and really the only comparison that they have is Vandy.  I have not watched Georgia play.  I also know the best time of the year to play Georgia is the beginning of the season.  One thing for sure Florida and Tennessee, while they may be reloading, are not a threat this year to the East.  It's just you and me. 

I am hoping Georgia trips up this weekend, but I don't think it will happen.  The same as I hoped they tripped up against Vandy. 

Wishing for a good game w/ no injuries. 

iLikeBeer

While I agree that I don't think Tennessee is any sort of threat, I wouldn't sleep on UF.  They've already won two tough games on the road this season which is more than can be said about any South Carolina wins to date...

Not a Gator fan, but I'm just sayin' I wouldn't take the Gators too lightly.

Anyways.  In the end, does it really matter who comes out of the east?  I think the SEC champ comes from the West...

BH

Quote from: jcoyote on Sep 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
@ BH.  I attended the South Carolina/Missouri game on Saturday.  We bought tickets and ended up on the 3rd row in Section 14, which ended up great because we could watch the game on the giant screen.  We had three Missouri fans, probably in their 20s in front of us.  First thing they ask us if we want some whiskey.  We declined, as security was right there, six feet away from us.  This one guy had the loudest black and yellow Missouri pants on I have ever seen.  I wanted to complement him on his pants, but I was afraid he would think I was making fun of him.  I will say that they were incredibly well behaved, even though they were drinking liquor in the sun.  I don't know if I would have been able to hold it that together that well in my youth.  Well, probably in the 3rd quarter or so, security came over and took three pints away from them, but they were able to stay in the game.  I had a couple of other discussions with Missouri fans during the day.  If these ten people that I ran into are any indication of your fans, then I officially welcome you into the SEC.  We are not used to opposing fans coming in and respecting our house, whether they are winning or not!!

That's good to hear!   Of course there are all types everywhere you go so you may yet run into a few loudmouth assholes.  But for the most part, Mizzou fans are looking to have a good time first and foremost.   Plus we have yet to develop any hated rivals in our new league.   If you had KU blue on, you may have a different view today!    We  certainly have become experts at sneaking in booze.   (Side rant:  Why do they sell alcohol in the "Club Level" but nowhere else?   Where's the justice?   Last I checked you had to be 21 to drink, not rich.)

jcoyote

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 25, 2012, 04:15 PM
While I agree that I don't think Tennessee is any sort of threat, I wouldn't sleep on UF.  They've already won two tough games on the road this season which is more than can be said about any South Carolina wins to date...

Not a Gator fan, but I'm just sayin' I wouldn't take the Gators too lightly.

Anyways.  In the end, does it really matter who comes out of the east?  I think the SEC champ comes from the West...

Oh, no.  I understand South Carolina can't take Florida lightly.  You can't take anyone lightly.  LSU almost found that out.  Oct. 6th will be a huge day for SEC Football.  We will find out a great deal on where all these teams are, including South Carolina.  While Alabama would already have a quality win if they had beaten Arkansas on a good year, they are an extremely poor team.  It is wide open at this time!!  If either South Carolina or Florida can beat LSU now, then LSU somehow gets by Alabama, that will cause such a ruckus in the West it won't even be funny!! All the West has now is LSU and Alabama.  It is past time for the East to be the top Division!! 

jcoyote

Quote from: BH on Sep 25, 2012, 04:16 PM

That's good to hear!   Of course there are all types everywhere you go so you may yet run into a few loudmouth assholes.  But for the most part, Mizzou fans are looking to have a good time first and foremost.   Plus we have yet to develop any hated rivals in our new league.   If you had KU blue on, you may have a different view today!    We  certainly have become experts at sneaking in booze.   (Side rant:  Why do they sell alcohol in the "Club Level" but nowhere else?   Where's the justice?   Last I checked you had to be 21 to drink, not rich.)

No, rich and underage still buys liquor in SC.  You can actually bring your own in there, like on a Thursday to stock the bar, but I have never had that opportunity.  Piece of advice, we are still able to purchase mini-bottles here.  Refill them and purchase a 12oz Coke and hit the men's room.  Especially on the 2nd row!!!  I felt bad for them, though security had little choice.  They didn't get arrested or kicked out of the game, which says something for their demeanor.  They would have probably just gotten field-booked, but those pants that guy was wearing were epic.  Nice guys. 

You still have time to develop some hatred toward your rivals.  Bookmark this post to save it once Georgia and LSU fans come into Columbia.  We had a black QB by the name of Corey Jenkins back some time ago, and my brother-in-law  went down to Baton Rouge.  Fans ripped the antennae off his car, and they had lynched an effigy of Corey, complete w/ uniform in the parking lot.  Now, all fans are not created equal, but there is a good reason why the SEC does not like to have night games in Baton Rouge.   

davymac

Quote from: jcoyote on Sep 25, 2012, 05:56 PM
Quote from: BH on Sep 25, 2012, 04:16 PM

No, rich and underage still buys liquor in SC.  You can actually bring your own in there, like on a Thursday to stock the bar, but I have never had that opportunity.  Piece of advice, we are still able to purchase mini-bottles here.  Refill them and purchase a 12oz Coke and hit the men's room.  Especially on the 2nd row!!!  I felt bad for them, though security had little choice.  They didn't get arrested or kicked out of the game, which says something for their demeanor.  They would have probably just gotten field-booked, but those pants that guy was wearing were epic.  Nice guys. 

You still have time to develop some hatred toward your rivals.  Bookmark this post to save it once Georgia and LSU fans come into Columbia.  We had a black QB by the name of Corey Jenkins back some time ago, and my brother-in-law  went down to Baton Rouge.  Fans ripped the antennae off his car, and they had lynched an effigy of Corey, complete w/ uniform in the parking lot.  Now, all fans are not created equal, but there is a good reason why the SEC does not like to have night games in Baton Rouge.

You're right every team has their asshole fans, but LSU in Baton Rouge can be bad.  I have a friend who goes to bama and got spit on last year for the national championship in New Orleans.  Some people  definitely take the college football rival thing too far.  This weekend is going to be a great weekend for college football!

iLikeBeer

Quote from: davymac on Oct 03, 2012, 01:23 PM

You're right every team has their asshole fans, but LSU in Baton Rouge can be bad.  I have a friend who goes to bama and got spit on last year for the national championship in New Orleans.  Some people  definitely take the college football rival thing too far.  This weekend is going to be a great weekend for college football!

We've got some gems in the B1G too as far as fans go.  I think Ohio State fans can be the worst when it comes to how they treat opposing fans, especially those wearing Maize and Blue.  I had a friend who went to a game down in Columbus and he was swore at by almost every OSU fan that he passed...  Forget the fact that he had his kids (10 and 8) walking beside him?!   :rolleyes:

I've also heard stories of PSU fans throwing bags of urine on the Michigan band at Bever Stadium.  I'd put them right up there with OSU fans as far as the most classless fans in the B1G...

BH