Main Menu

Houndmouth

Started by Ruckus, Sep 06, 2012, 01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slappymoe

terrible news. :cry:

johnnYYac

I have a ticket to see Houndmouth for the first time this Saturday here in Iowa City.  The statement says they'll continue the tour as planned.  I am disappointed.  I don't have much invested into this band, but would have like it if they could have delayed this move just one more week!!! 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

LBSUNFLWR

I have seen them a few times and thought they sounded really good live, mostly because of their harmonies. her songs and her voice added a lot to that. I also like the other guys who sing but I feel like their shows going forward will surely be lacking.

let us know how it goes.

Emb1528

Yeah... I would agree. Katie added a good amount to their vibe live. Their harmonies were awesome with her. I'm guessing they will have someone as a fill in for the rest of their tour. Also, she wasn't bad on the eye  :wink:
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

slappymoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpitPI_g_ug&app=desktop

Her voice is so unique, and the four of them had developed a fantastic chemistry live. I've seen them 5 times the past 2 years, always a blast. I wish them the best, but it's not the same band without her.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 11, 2016, 10:01 AM
I have a ticket to see Houndmouth for the first time this Saturday here in Iowa City.  The statement says they'll continue the tour as planned.  I am disappointed.  I don't have much invested into this band, but would have like it if they could have delayed this move just one more week!!! 

I was planning on going to see them in Cleveland on the 20th.  Thankfully, I haven't purchased tickets yet so now I'm rethinking about whether or not it's worth going...

I've already seen them 3 times and they've been great each time, but now, without any new material and Katie leaving the band, I think I'll pass.

MikeR1390

There are some rumblings around town about her already having a 2 record solo deal in the works. I think she added quite a bit to their overall sound but I dont know how I feel about her solo.

millerjustin

also hearing some pretty negative rumors about her - hope she's OK
What's in here won't disappear

Cameron

Interesting.

They're going out as a 6 piece with a different keys player and 2 horn players.

slappymoe

The horn players were a terrific addition when I saw them last month.

This may sound a bit too dramatic but I have the same feeling about that show that I had about catching The Who in 2000, before Entwistle died.  Both are irreplaceable, imo.

Clarkwork

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 11, 2016, 05:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpitPI_g_ug&app=desktop

Her voice is so unique, and the four of them had developed a fantastic chemistry live. I've seen them 5 times the past 2 years, always a blast. I wish them the best, but it's not the same band without her.

Agree, the band is over in my Opinion.  Glad I got to see them live with her recently and the show was fantastic. 
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Cameron

Bad week for Katie...based on her Instagram she got in a car wreck today.

mahg33ta

Quote from: millerjustin on Apr 12, 2016, 04:38 PM
also hearing some pretty negative rumors about her - hope she's OK

such as?

MusiKel Mama

I think Houndmouth is comprised of extraordinarily talented individuals, each of whom must determine their own artistic path. It must have been an extremely complex and difficult decision on Katie's part...one which she must wrestle with...and I am sure adding flames to a rumor mill does nothing to help. People need to be respectful of the complication of transition in other people's lives. Speculation is the religion of simple minds. I hope everyone in this fantastic band continues to grow personally and artistically.

johnnYYac

Well, last night I saw my first Houndmouth concert, one week after it was announced that the female 25% of the band was leaving.  It was the core trio with a new keyboardist and two sax players.  All I can say is, wow!  I was quite impressed.  I never saw 'em with Katie, but imagine adding a female voice to the mix would have been interesting.  Nonetheless, they delivered a great show and the 2/3 full Englert Theatre provided the most enthusiastic encore noise I've ever heard at a show of this size. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

slappymoe

glad you enjoyed it, and it's good to hear they're still bringing it.  :beer:

MMJTX

Saw Houndmouth last night, 3rd time to see them but 1st time to see them without Katie and I have to agree with Johnny, they didn't miss a beat, the horns are a great addition IMO to their songs, and they played 3-4 new songs that were very cool, with a 80's pop vibe it seemed to me. Excited about a new album from these guys I assume this year.
Anytime

Cameron

good to hear...seeing them tomorrow.

pjthom30

They're playing Bell's here in kalamazoo this summer, definitely plan on going.

slappymoe

spoke with david givan in the airport on the way to punta cana.  he thinks houndmouth's forthcoming album is excellent.

still haven't seen them without Katie. no way it'll ever be the same without her voice and stage presence, but I suppose i'll just have to get over it.