DANGER! - Political Thread

Started by headhunter, Sep 06, 2012, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

We now live in a country where facts no longer matter to a portion of the population.

ditty

100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 09, 2017, 01:47 PM
"Drumpf whined that Puerto Rico hurricane Maria relief was "throwing the budget out of whack." No mention of the budgetary impacts of Harvey and Irma."

"On his way out of the White House on Tuesday, Trump incorrectly claimed that roads on Puerto Rico have been cleared and congratulated himself on doing what he dubiously claimed was "a great job."
Then he called on residents of the hurricane-pummeled island — many of whom lack electricity, access to water and sewage treatment after a Category 4 storm hit nearly two weeks ago — to give the federal government a hand.
"We need their truck drivers," Trump said. "Their drivers have to start driving trucks. We have to do that, so at a local level they have to give us more help."
A U.S. labor union told CNN on Saturday that the island is facing not only a shortage of diesel fuel, a necessity for powering the trucks, but also a possible shortage of the vehicles themselves.
"It is unclear if there are trucks available to move the containers, fuel to operate the trucks or road access to the distribution centers," the Teamsters union said."

SO? if its a fact its a fact.  He still doing 1000% better at handling all the crises that have occurred so far than Obummer did in his wasted 8 years.  The response complaints in PR were all due to failures at their end with Teamsters doing a great job screwing the people who needed the supplies
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 09, 2017, 12:34 PM
We now live in a country where facts no longer matter to a portion of the population.

You want fact?  President Trump WON 30 states for a total of 302 electoral votes.  Pack up the sour grapes and get to work getting behind our country

MMJ_fanatic

walterfredo

An over-aggressive, rude, name-calling trump supporter. Who would'a guessed?

parkervb

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Oct 09, 2017, 12:30 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Oct 09, 2017, 11:17 AM
HRC received 65,844,610 popular votes
Trump received 62,979,636 popular votes
A difference of 2.86 million votes

The electoral college voted Trump in

Source?  Probably the "Daily KOS" or "Huff PO"  Not buying it sorry

do the National Archives still count as a relevant source?

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/2016/election-results.html

Don't you ever turn it off

sillyboob

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 09, 2017, 05:10 PM
Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Oct 09, 2017, 12:30 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Oct 09, 2017, 11:17 AM
HRC received 65,844,610 popular votes
Trump received 62,979,636 popular votes
A difference of 2.86 million votes

The electoral college voted Trump in

Source?  Probably the "Daily KOS" or "Huff PO"  Not buying it sorry

do the National Archives still count as a relevant source?

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/2016/election-results.html

Different source, but Trump still loses by over 2.8 million popular votes.  Basically, the equivalent of the total population of Nevada or Kansas.  One person, one vote?  Not at all.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

walterfredo

Quote from: sillyboob on Oct 09, 2017, 05:43 PM
One person, one vote?  Not at all.

I feel similar about the electoral college as I do the second amendment. Both are antiquated, no longer serve their original intended purpose, and should be abolished (or in the case of the latter, if not abolished majorly revised).

sillyboob

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 09, 2017, 05:58 PM

I feel similar about the electoral college as I do the second amendment. Both are antiquated, no longer serve their original intended purpose, and should be abolished (or in the case of the latter, if not abolished majorly revised).

Hear, hear walterfredo.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 09, 2017, 05:06 PM
An over-aggressive, rude, name-calling trump supporter. Who would'a guessed?

Inaccurate again--I have called nobody names, just been extremely direct cuz I'm sick of the false propaganda pumping out of liberals and their toady news organizations.  If you think direct is over aggressive and rude then maybe you should take some time and figure out how you actually feel about the truth instead of putting it on me

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 09, 2017, 06:46 PM
"Republican strategist Steve Schmidt went on a full-throttle tear against President Trump on Tuesday for using his feud with the NFL to advance his "disgusting," divisive political machinations.

Schmidt joined MSNBC Live and told Stephanie Ruhle that Trump committed the "greatest affront to the flag" by using it to attack athletes who kneel before the National Anthem. Schmidt said that even though he disagrees with Colin Kaepernick's actions as a form of protest, it must still be recognized as part of his right to freedom of expression.

"To see him try to hijack this symbol, to wrap himself in it for the purposes — pre-meditatively, purposely of dividing the country is the most disgusting thing I've seen in my lifetime," said Schmidt. "What Donald Trump is doing here is as terrible a thing, and maybe the most terrible thing, that has ever been done to this country by a President of the United States. Despicable doesn't begin to describe it."

Blah blah blah ho-hum.  Remember when Obummer went golfing during the floods down south--so much more riveting

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: sillyboob on Oct 09, 2017, 06:26 PM

Hear, hear walterfredo.
And yet if the shoe was on the other foot and Hillbilly Clinton got in b/c of the electoral college you'd be exulting their extreme wisdom in seating the annointed on her throne

sillyboob

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Oct 10, 2017, 08:05 AM

How on earth do you know how anyone, other than yourself, would feel?  You don't, so stop

Hear, hear walterfredo.
And yet if the shoe was on the other foot and Hillbilly Clinton got in b/c of the electoral college you'd be exulting their extreme wisdom in seating the annointed on her throne

Hear, hear walterfredo.

fanatic - You have no idea what my response would be to any situation, so DO NOT try to speak for me. 

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 10, 2017, 08:55 AM
"To bring it back to Donald Drumpf, it's like, sure you can lie your way into the White House. You can lie your way through all this stuff. But sooner or later it's going to bite you in the ass. Or it's gonna bite us all in the ass.

This song is definitely both anti-Drumpf and anti-politics, but I don't like to speak in specific terms because I hope that my music could be just as appropriate 20 years from now. But you look at Donald Drumpf, and it's like how could any self-respecting person get behind this person? And it's just insane. I feel like Michelle Obama summed it up so beautifully when she said it's not politics anymore. It's about love. It's about how do we make sure this crazy guy is not president? Hillary Clinton is not perfect, but of course, I want her to win because I want the earth to survive and I want us to all be here."

– Jim James (November 4, 2016 – 4 days before the 2016 Presidential Election)

... and from what I've seen and heard in person, in recordings, and in print from Jim and other members of the band, their opinions have only been reinforced by Drumpf's actions as the "so-called-president".

Never forget whose band page we are lucky enough to visit.

What does all this rambling even mean?  That if you don't have the same views as the guys in the band you have no business following them?  Or is it that you think if you fall into lock step with the band members' views it somehow makes you a superior fan versus those who don't have the same views?  What a crock of rotted maggot infest s**t.  If that's what you truly believe I don't know what to say except I've been around here pulling for these guys a lot longer than you including being an active member of the street team and promoting their shows when they were still playing the small rooms and travelling in a van, buying their entire cd library for family and friends to spread the face melting magic far and wide, and hosting a listening party for the release of Okonokos.  I don't care what the views are of the bands I love I love them for their music and how it makes me feel and for who they are as individuals.  Each of these guys has their own beautiful light about them and I'll never tire of listening to them. 'Nuff said

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: sillyboob on Oct 10, 2017, 10:42 AM

How on earth do you know how anyone, other than yourself, would feel?  You don't, so stop

Hear, hear walterfredo.

Hear, hear walterfredo.

fanatic - You have no idea what my response would be to any situation, so DO NOT try to speak for me. 

Oh dear!  I "assumed" a response  :grin:

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 10, 2017, 08:39 AM
Drumpf backed a loser and now is trying to erase the evidence. Ana Kasparian, Bren Mankiewicz, Michael Shure, the hosts of The Young Turks, break it down.

"(CNN)Returning from a high-dollar fundraiser in Manhattan on Tuesday evening, an infuriated President Donald Drumpf watched aboard Air Force One as Fox News called the Alabama Senate primary for Roy Moore against Drumpf's favored candidate, Luther Strange.

What ensued was a barrage of angry venting at his political team and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who had consolidated establishment GOP support behind Strange.

Drumpf, officials and informal advisers say, felt misled by McConnell and his political team, who encouraged him to endorse and campaign for Strange.

Drumpf praised Moore to reporters on Wednesday.

"I'm very happy with him, and I have to say Luther came a long way from the time I endorsed him and he ran a good race, but Roy ran a really great race," the President told reporters on the White House South Lawn before departing for Indiana.
Drumpf said he'd never met Moore.
Even before Strange's loss on Tuesday, Drumpf expressed misgivings about getting behind the candidate, who he deemed too "low energy." Drumpf fretted the endorsement made him appear weak, cowed by an establishment that he'd openly rebuffed during his own campaign.

His concerns were only exacerbated by the endorsement of Moore by his former chief strategist Steve Bannon, who made a highly visible push for Moore as the anti-GOP-establishment candidate."

Hosts: Ana Kasparian, Bren Mankiewicz, Michael Shure

Cast: Ana Kasparian, Bren Mankiewicz, Michael Shure

The Largest Online News Show in the World. Hosted by Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian. LIVE STREAMING weekdays 6-8pm ET. http://www.tytnetwork.com/live

Young Turk (n), 1. Young progressive or insurgent member of an institution, movement, or political party. 2. Young person who rebels against authority or societal expectations. (American Heritage Dictionary)

Download audio and video of the full two hour show on-demand + the members-only post game show by becoming a member at http://www.tytnetwork.com/join/. Your membership supports the day to day operations and is vital for our continued success and growth.

Another non story!  The successful candidate is still conservative so who really cares!

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 10, 2017, 08:35 AM
https://democracynow.org - At a campaign rally in Huntsville, Alabama, on Friday evening, Trump lashed out at players who have joined a growing protest movement started by former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick against racial injustice, kneeling during the national anthem ahead of games. We get response from former NFL player Donté Stallworth, who spent 10 years in the league and is now a sports commentator, who says, "We can't allow the president to hijack this conversation and make it all about him."

Democracy Now! is an independent global news hour that airs weekdays on nearly 1,400 TV and radio stations Monday through Friday. Watch our livestream 8-9AM ET: https://democracynow.org

Oh No! Somebody criticized the snowflake NFL players!  I'm not watching a single game this year and I hope my Patriots dynasty doesn't even make a 0.500 record this year.  My country is way more important than these jerks--GO protest on your day off see if you draw any attention.  I mean would you go eat at a restaurant if all the wait staff was rotesting on the job and getting in your face about their issues while you tried to eat?  Nope

johnnYYac

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Oct 09, 2017, 09:45 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 08, 2017, 11:17 PM
albeit with a little help from Comey and Russia.
Come on John!  You can't really still think this was anything but a wholesale repudiation of Hillbilly (and her mysoginist pedophile husband) who also happens to be a hapless leader (check with the families of the Benghazi victims on that one) who lies to cover her own ineptitude!  How do you like Bernie's new houses and that multiple 100K car he tools around in while failing to pay his staff minimum wage?  Meanwhile our wonderful commander in chief is refusing his salary in favor of trying to get Anerica back on track for Americans first.
You're THAT gullible?

http://www.snopes.com/bernie-sanders-audi-8/
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

"while failing to pay his staff minimum wage"

Those stubborn facts and details...

http://www.snopes.com/sanders-interns-minimum-wage/
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.