What are the odds of a short December run?

Started by zanjam, Sep 21, 2012, 02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanjam

I had been holding out hope that I'd get to see one more show before the end of the year.  What do you think the chances are of them doing another short winter run like they did last year?  Thoughts?
anything + reverb always = better

Fully

If you'll come to Port Chester, your hope can become reality. :kiss:

Northern Neighbour

Honestly, I think the odds are pretty low.  The band has been going pretty much non-stop the past 2+ years.  They're do for a break.  Combined with Jim releasing a solo album and the band starting work on a new album, I can't see the band announcing a December run this late in the year. They likely would have announced these plans when the PC and NYE shows were announced.

CHIMMJFAN

I'll be selfish and hope for an Indianapolis show announcement but hey we have Jim's solo album, NYE and New York shows, as well as hopefully a mini tour for Jim. Next summer/fall maybe a new MMJ album with a tour to follow! Good times coming up!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Bigsky

The tickets would already be for sale, and the boys are going to need a break before the life-changing PC3 & NYE shows.

oistheone

The short December run IS the Port Chester and New Years shows.

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Sep 22, 2012, 02:17 AM
I'll be selfish and hope for an Indianapolis show announcement but hey we have Jim's solo album, NYE and New York shows, as well as hopefully a mini tour for Jim. Next summer/fall maybe a new MMJ album with a tour to follow! Good times coming up!

Jim said in an article he'll be doing a solo tour in February-March-ish. I reckon we won't have a new MMJ album next year, but I could see the oft-mentioned T5 album see the light of day sometime in 2013. Seems like a long way off but even with Jim saying they will go back into the studio soon to begin work on the next MMJ album, I can't see it being released until 2014.

Bigsky

Quote from: oistheone on Sep 22, 2012, 12:25 PM
The short December run IS the Port Chester and New Years shows.

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Sep 22, 2012, 02:17 AM

Jim said in an article he'll be doing a solo tour in February-March-ish. I reckon we won't have a new MMJ album next year, but I could see the oft-mentioned T5 album see the light of day sometime in 2013. Seems like a long way off but even with Jim saying they will go back into the studio soon to begin work on the next MMJ album, I can't see it being released until 2014.

That sounds right, because that means Jim's solo album will be out before his solo tour...;)

Fully

Let's hope they go out on the road some in 2013.

oistheone

justbcuzido

Here is to hoping they come through to Austin, Texas this year. I just moved here and it would be awesome as I am going through with drawls from the Milwaukee and Chicago shows this summer.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.