Main Menu

Chills

Started by mars_in_furs, May 06, 2006, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mars_in_furs

I think I got it, though I am pretty clueless about the lyrics.  He just floats around in this song alternating between two different chord sequences.  One is this one which involves merely sliding around that familiar open major chord formation and throwing in few notes here and there. Its like this:
          then
(6)--X------0----0----------------------0---0--------------------0----
(5)--0------0----0----------------------0---0--------------------0----
(4)--5------4----4------------------4--12--12------------------12--
(3)--4------3----3--------------3------11--11------------------11--
(2)--3------2----2------3--2----------10--10--14--12--10--10--
(1)--0------0----2--0------------------0---10-------------------0----
        (A)     (F#ish)                                 (Dish)    
It sounds good to let the rest of strings ring to the best of your ability when playing those single notes.  Then most of the words are on top of this part.

--X--X-----------X----0----X
--0--0-----------0----2----0
--2--2-----------3----2----2
--2--0-----------2----1----2
--2--2-----------3----0----2
--0--0-----------0----0----0
  (A)(A7)(A#maj7)(E)

aMD

Thanks for posting.
Check out my tab of Chills at  the website:
http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/

mars_in_furs

I like it.  I only have the at dawn demos version, and I was thinking maybe he said "Chills run down my spine, like dew on a window sill."  I could be wrong, but its a nice thought.  The rest of your lyrics helped out a lot.

aMD

Yeah, that's sounds better than what I had.  I changed it on the site.  The lyrics to the original version are printed in the linear notes of At Dawn but all my stuff is in boxes right now so it'll take me a while to track my copy down.  Maybe someone could post them for us.  Perhaps  you should ask though, I'm not really welcome outside of the tabs section.