J. Tillman/Father John Misty

Started by BH, Oct 09, 2012, 02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

Man oh man, "The Ideal Husband" is WILD!! What a track! Tillman at his most unhinged.

This album is so damn lush. Heavenly harmonies and absolutely killer guitars. Jonathan Wilson strikes again! All the instrumentation is fucking perfect.

GO4IT

FJM sold out at the March 28 9:30 Club show already.
It anyone has 2 tix, please let me know.

MMPJ6306

I saw Fleet Foxes at a festival years ago and enjoyed the set despite never loving them. The best part for me and my friends was easily the drummer, who kept offsetting Robin Pecknold's almost sickeningly earnest and mellow "banter" with silliness and irreverence. He made the crowd cheer for gyros. It was great.

Then FJM on Letterman doing "Bored in the USA" amazed me with the boldness and idiosyncrasy of the performance but I just kept surfing YouTube...

And now I bought the album and I'm starting to piece all this together. It's so good and the album art is so cool and he's so funny and raw... I can't remember the last time I was really surprised by an album.
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

Murph

Quote from: MMPJ6306 on Feb 12, 2015, 02:03 AM
I saw Fleet Foxes at a festival years ago and enjoyed the set despite never loving them. The best part for me and my friends was easily the drummer, who kept offsetting Robin Pecknold's almost sickeningly earnest and mellow "banter" with silliness and irreverence. He made the crowd cheer for gyros. It was great.

Then FJM on Letterman doing "Bored in the USA" amazed me with the boldness and idiosyncrasy of the performance but I just kept surfing YouTube...

And now I bought the album and I'm starting to piece all this together. It's so good and the album art is so cool and he's so funny and raw... I can't remember the last time I was really surprised by an album.

check out Fear Fun and you'll really be blown away

dmooney99

not sure if anyone heard about this yesterday but he was at the XPN festival and well here's what happened...

http://thekey.xpn.org/2016/07/22/xpnfest-recap-father-john-misty-gets-lot-off-chest/

I almost went yesterday and today to this but passed.  too hot out and trying to save some money.

Nikkogino

Quote from: dmooney99 on Jul 23, 2016, 02:46 PM
not sure if anyone heard about this yesterday but he was at the XPN festival and well here's what happened...

http://thekey.xpn.org/2016/07/22/xpnfest-recap-father-john-misty-gets-lot-off-chest/

I almost went yesterday and today to this but passed.  too hot out and trying to save some money.

Looks like you made a good decision.  Most of the people in attendance probably agree with his views, but that's what festivals are for...to get away from the bullshit.  If I have to hear about how shitty the world is at the events I go to to get away from the shitty world, that's a bummer. 

Cameron

So he said he was offered 250k for the chipotle commercial that Jim ended up doing? I respect him for passing on that at least.

GO4IT

Quote from: Cameron on Jul 24, 2016, 10:51 PM
So he said he was offered 250k for the chipotle commercial that Jim ended up doing? I respect him for passing on that at least.
He said this during his NFF performance but I'm not sure if he said it anywhere else.

Normally I take people at their word but in this case I'm not too sure.  What about FJM and his shtick does a company need to resurrect itself?  With FJM it could be the final blow, LOL.

MMJTX

Killer show in Houston last night, guy is one hell of a performer
Anytime

Derek713

Quote from: MMJTX on Oct 02, 2017, 10:41 AM
Killer show in Houston last night, guy is one hell of a performer
Did they keep it on the lawn? I went and saw War On Drugs there on Friday. It was supposed to be on the lawn, but got moved indoors. The show was great, but it was oversold and a complete clusterfuck.

MMJTX

ya they kept it on the lawn, wasn't overly crowded at all so that was nice. Sorry to hear about the WOD show, would've been nice to have outside
Anytime

MMJTX

FJM just released a live album on Bandcamp for $10, i bought it but have not listened to it yet.
Anytime