Is there any chance that MMJ could tour europe?

Started by zp_casanova@hotmail.com, Oct 10, 2012, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zp_casanova@hotmail.com

I'm from Portugal and I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO SEE THEM PERFORMING LIVE!!! I would really like for My Morning Jacket to come back one day, since their last concert here was in 2006 and very unfortunately I missed my chance  :cry:
I have noticed that this band does lots of concerts in the US (obviously), but when they come to Europe during the summer festival's time they don't actually go to festivals in Southern Europe, they usually go to some in Northern or Western Europe. I don't understand, the only thing I can reason out of this is that they might not have a fan base large enough in Southern Europe, but that explanation just seems farfetch'd  :undecided:
Do you think there is a probability that they could tour Europe (and Run Thru Portugal) in 2013? or in one our a couple of years later?
Thanks  :cheesy:

e_wind

they went to spain this year. also, i think it is a pretty widely believed that they are gonna take off in 2013, because of other projects, non stop 3 years of touring, new album, etc.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

zp_casanova@hotmail.com

Thanks. You also mentioned an album, you are talking about yim yames's solo album right?

e_wind

well theres that, but also one of them said they wanna try to get back in the studio sometime next year, and probably slate a new MMJ album for a 2014 release.

also, theres hopefully a huge live boxset coming out of their 5 Terminal-5 shows in 2010 in NYC when they played basically every song they have plus more.

rincon

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 10, 2012, 03:14 PM
well theres that, but also one of them said they wanna try to get back in the studio sometime next year, and probably slate a new MMJ album for a 2014 release.

also, theres hopefully a huge live boxset coming out of their 5 Terminal-5 shows in 2010 in NYC when they played basically every song they have plus more.
Where does this info come from other than speculation on this forum? Not trying to be a D-bag, I am truly curious and have only seen it mentioned here. I do recall one band member apparently in response to a question stating they were too busy to even contemplate processing such a project at this time.

e_wind

It's been confirmed time and time again. They keep saying that haven't had time to mess with it though

SaraBananaBear

More Europe fans keep popping up. Hello, glad to have you on Team Europe! :thumbsup: I'm sure they'll come around as soon as they can, fingers crossed they'll run thru Portugal then. :smiley:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket