Main Menu

2012 ACL Festival

Started by Fully, Oct 11, 2012, 12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

It's live streaming on YouTube this weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/aclfestival

Just like the festival itself, the webcast lineup is diverse and filled with HT faves such as The War On Drugs, Alabama Shakes, The Black Keys, The Shins, Big Gigantic, Gary Clark Jr., Andrew Bird, The Civil Wars and The Avett Brothers. The action starts tomorrow at 1:30 PM CT at http://www.youtube.com/aclfestival.

Friday, October 12 [All Times CT]

1:30 PM First Aid Kit
1:30 PM He's My Brother, She's My Sister
2:15 PM Asleep at the Wheel
2:30 PM The War on Drugs
3:00 PM Los Campesinos!
3:30 PM Delta Spirit
4:00 PM Patrick Wilson
4:30 PM Tegan and Sara
5:15 PM A-Trak
5:30 PM Alabama Shakes
7:15 PM Thievery Corporation
8:30 PM The Black Keys

Saturday, October 13

1:15 PM Bombay Bicycle Club
1:15 PM Civil Twilight
2:00 PM Rufus Wainwright
2:00 PM The Whigs
3:00 PM Oberhofer
3:00 PM Big K.R.I.T.
4:00 PM Metric
4:00 PM Zola Jesus
5:00 PM Band of Skulls
5:00 PM Big Gigantic
6:00 PM The Shins
6:00 PM Black Lips
7:00 PM Bassnectar (Highlights)
7:00 PM Andrew Bird
7:30 PM The Roots
8:30 PM Jack White

Sunday, October 14

1:15 PM Freelance Whales
1:15 PM Alt-J
2:15 PM Gary Clark Jr.
2:15 PM NEEDTOBREATHE
3:15 PM Polica
3:15 PM Kimbra
4:15 PM Two Door Cinema Club
4:15 PM Steve Earle
5:15 PM The Civil Wars
5:15 PM Die Antwoord
6:15 PM The Avett Brothers
6:15 PM The Weeknd
7:15 PM Childish Gambino
7:30 PM Iggy Pop & The Stooges
8:30 PM Red Hot Chili Peppers

All times in CDT. Schedule subject to change. Select performances time-shifted to provide greater festival coverage.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

MrWhippy

Will definitely be tuning in for Band of Skulls, Steve Earle, Jack White, Iggy, and a few others.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

mahg33ta

I'm tuned in already for First Aid Kit, War on Drugs, Delta Spirit, and Alabama Spirit.   My wife didn't think she'd spend her 40th bday watching me on the couch w a beer in my hand  :beer:

Fully

I wish I could have watched War on Drugs. Unfortunately, there was a test and a pep rally to supervise this afternoon. Happy birthday, Mrs. Mahg33ta!

MrWhippy

Yeah, happy birthday Amy!!!

I had forgotten about Afghan Whigs being on the schedule tonight.  Definitely tuning in for that.

MrWhippy

Currently watching the A-Trak set and weeping for the future.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on Oct 12, 2012, 06:48 PM
I hope you are watching Alabama Shakes now.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Fully on Oct 12, 2012, 06:55 PM

I would be watching Alabama Shakes if I hadn't just seen them last weekend.  Sort of need to give them a rest.  Actually was watching my MMJ Red Rocks DVD instead  :cheesy:

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on Oct 12, 2012, 07:17 PM

I would be watching Alabama Shakes if I hadn't just seen them last weekend.  Sort of need to give them a rest.  Actually was watching my MMJ Red Rocks DVD instead  :cheesy:
That sounds like a good thing too.

MrWhippy

Afghan Whigs playing Gentlemen!  F Yes!  Greg Dulli makes me want human cloning to become a reality. 

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Fully on Oct 12, 2012, 07:21 PM
Quote from: MrWhippy on Oct 12, 2012, 07:17 PM

That sounds like a good thing too.

red rocks dvd? help. lol
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Murph

The horns they brought out were awesome

Fully

I agree, Murph. This set was A bit more than I've seen from them.

Dilsnufus, the Red Rocks DVD is from this year's  broadcast on axs. I think there's a thread somewhere that JohnnYYac posted a link to the file. He might have also burned some DVDs of the show for people too. I've got the file, but it's huge. It took three days to dl via BitTorrent. When I get to a computer later today, I'll try to find the thread, of you haven't found it by then.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on Oct 12, 2012, 07:56 PM
Afghan Whigs playing Gentlemen!  F Yes!  Greg Dulli makes me want human cloning to become a reality.
I loved The Afghan Whigs set, Whippy! I quit watching after that. Florence just doesn't do it for me.

mahg33ta

I had the opposite reaction- hadn't seen Alabama Shakes for a while and really liked em.   I do get tired of them with overexposure.   I agree the horns were a nice touch.   Every time I see "You Aint Alone" I'm amazed at how she captivates an audience.   

I thought War on Drugs was only ehhh- but it's so hard in the afternoon at a festival, no?

Murph

Quote from: mahg33ta on Oct 13, 2012, 08:35 AM
I had the opposite reaction- hadn't seen Alabama Shakes for a while and really liked em.   I do get tired of them with overexposure.   I agree the horns were a nice touch.   Every time I see "You Aint Alone" I'm amazed at how she captivates an audience.   

I thought War on Drugs was only ehhh- but it's so hard in the afternoon at a festival, no?

I think War on Drugs falls into the rare category of a band that I'd rather listen to their records than listen to them live, but man I do love their records.  Maybe im wrong, hopefully im wrong, I've never seen them live but every live video I have seen of them I end up thinking to myself, "ehh sounds better on the record".  Can someone prove me wrong?  Show me a killer live video??

Fully

Ok, today at 7pm I can either watch Bassnectar highlights (is there such a thing?) or Andrew Bird....I think I'll be going to the Fainting Goat Festival for an hour or two around then.  Nobody makes Fully watch the Bird ....well, except for the Jacket. I'd do it for them, but nobody else.

MrWhippy

Fully, if you're not planning to already, definitely watch Band of Skulls if you can.  Awesome heavy, bluesy rock in the vein of Jack White.

Regarding War on Drugs, I just saw them for the first time in a club last week and was actually very impressed and thought they were quite good live.  Lots of bands fall flat in the middle of the afternoon at a festival, so that may not be the best thing to judge them on.  I will say, though, they ended their set with a long jam that went nowhere and was very pointless and boring. 

Dillinsfus and Fully, I got a Blu-Ray DVD copy of the MMJ Red Rocks show from another forum member.  If you guys (or anyone else) needs it, let me know and we can figure out how to make copies of it and get it your way.  I don't have any means to copy DVDs but I'm sure we can find a way.

oistheone

WHOA WHOA WHOA, I missed the Shakes webcast, but they brought out horns?!?! I've been begging for this! What tunes did they add horn arrangements to???