A pulse on the forum....

Started by sweatboard, Oct 24, 2012, 12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

EverythingChanges

Lol, both are good but you'd have to be insane not to vote Rush.

A.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

exist10z

A - easy

Funny, Rush is band from my way long gone youth and Nirvana is a band from my somewhat more recent early adult years, and in their times - I loved them both, probably equally.  I don't really listen to either anymore.

That said, listening now and considering their respective legacies, Nirvana is way over-rated and Rush is way under-rated.  Just my opinion of course, and Nirvana was good/great, but Rush was phenomenal.
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

sweatboard

Whatever, Dave Grohls Turtle Neck was supposed to be ironic or metaphoric.   :bath:

sweatboard

It's as much about buying drugs as it is about doing them.  Yet, it can also translate into other ways of doing things>?

LeanneP

It's like trying to choose between two different kinds of apples.  Some days I want a Jona Gold and some days I want a Honey Crisp. If I'm baking tho, well, I'll need a few Empires...

Rush has a technical mastery that is hard to beat. They have a sense of humour and don't shy away from being intelligent.

Nirvana taps into the angst of being disenfranchised like few others.

But, then, if one must choose based on these two moments in time: Rush wins this contest HANDS DOWN!
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Tracy 2112

A.

If I am going to listen to Come As You Are it's not when Dave G. is tapping on his drums like he is trying to balance dog poop on the nipple of a baby bottle full of nitroglycerin.

Or C

YYZ Falsetto
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

e_wind

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Oct 24, 2012, 11:48 AM
A.

If I am going to listen to Come As You Are it's not when Dave G. is tapping on his drums like he is trying to balance dog poop on the nipple of a baby bottle full of nitroglycerin.

If I'm going to listen to Dave G, it's gotta be while I'm in the middle of driving myself off a cliff. Nirvana, okay fine I'll respect them or whatever (though I don't get why we all have to). Foo Fighters... worst band ever. I have a serious vandetta against that dude.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...