Okonokos Project

Started by satyagraaha, Oct 31, 2012, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satyagraaha

Lost the Okonokos Project somehow in the transfer from my old computer to my new one and I can't find a non-broken link for the Oknokos Project download....anyone want to hook a brother up?

:beer:

Mr. White

I had just posted a link to the page on The Steam Engine where the zip download is still available on October 22, 2012 as a reply to Okonokos - best live album ever? thread in the Music section.

Here is the post. It should lead you to TSE. I tried it myself, and I did download an extra copy of The Okonokos Project to my work computer.

"Probably...But The Who's Live at Leeds (Regular Version and more recently the Deluxe Edition) has been my favorite live album for many, many years...But I do listen to and watch Okonokos A LOT! I have it on my mp3 player (actually the Okonokos Project version I downloaded from The Steam Engine a while back) and listen to it while exercising and mowing the yard all the time. I have given it to my brother, cousins and friends as a way to "Turn On" those who "Don't Know". It is probably the best there is.

Here is the link to the page on The Steam Engine where the Okonokos Project zip can be downloaded."

http://thesteamengine.net/display/Search?moduleId=10238924&searchQuery=okonokos+project
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

rincon

Mr. White, your identity is being stolen by Malcolm's dad Hal. Every time I see your avatar I see Walter White, then I realize it is Harvey.  :undecided:

robb

Quote from: satyagraaha on Oct 31, 2012, 06:58 PM
Lost the Okonokos Project somehow in the transfer from my old computer to my new one and I can't find a non-broken link for the Oknokos Project download....anyone want to hook a brother up?

:beer:

same user name on reddit I'm guessing? I'm 'octoplasm' over there, hopefully that link in this thread works if not I'll help you out with it later.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Mr. White

Quote from: rincon on Nov 01, 2012, 12:18 AM
Mr. White, your identity is being stolen by Malcolm's dad Hal. Every time I see your avatar I see Walter White, then I realize it is Harvey.  :undecided:

It was one of the only good pictures of "Mr. White" laughing that I could find.

Rufus T. Firefly

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 31, 2012, 08:00 PM
I had just posted a link to the page on The Steam Engine where the zip download is still available on October 22, 2012 as a reply to Okonokos - best live album ever? thread in the Music section.

Here is the post. It should lead you to TSE. I tried it myself, and I did download an extra copy of The Okonokos Project to my work computer.

"Probably...But The Who's Live at Leeds (Regular Version and more recently the Deluxe Edition) has been my favorite live album for many, many years...But I do listen to and watch Okonokos A LOT! I have it on my mp3 player (actually the Okonokos Project version I downloaded from The Steam Engine a while back) and listen to it while exercising and mowing the yard all the time. I have given it to my brother, cousins and friends as a way to "Turn On" those who "Don't Know". It is probably the best there is.

Here is the link to the page on The Steam Engine where the Okonokos Project zip can be downloaded."

http://thesteamengine.net/display/Search?moduleId=10238924&searchQuery=okonokos+project
I prefer the Isle of Wight Festival to Leeds, but I love where you're coming from!

Mr. White

Quote from: Rufus T. Firefly on Nov 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 31, 2012, 08:00 PM

I prefer the Isle of Wight Festival to Leeds, but I love where you're coming from!

The Isle of Wight (1970) DVD is Killer! I didn't know how great that show was until not too many years ago (whenever the DVD first came out). I just love Live at Leeds so much because I have heard it so many times throughout the years - on record, 8-track, tape, and cd. I wish the video of that show had been recorded like The Isle of Wight show was.

rincon2

Mr. White, I just have to say, my 2 favorite albums of all time are Live at Leeds, especially the expanded version, and Okonokos. The shirt I sent you was inspired by Pete. I personally don't care that much for the Isle Of Wight show, on video or CD. I have them both. Tanglewood is the best LAL substitute on video. Check out Amazing Journey/Sparks on youtube. The single greatest Who song on video in my opinion. The video of Isle of Wight is to chopped up and edited very poorly. The CD is far sloppier than LAL, and not in a good way. But, if one's favorites are The Who and MMJ, we must be related.

Mr. White

Quote from: rincon2 on May 21, 2014, 02:01 AM
Mr. White, I just have to say, my 2 favorite albums of all time are Live at Leeds, especially the expanded version, and Okonokos. The shirt I sent you was inspired by Pete. I personally don't care that much for the Isle Of Wight show, on video or CD. I have them both. Tanglewood is the best LAL substitute on video. Check out Amazing Journey/Sparks on youtube. The single greatest Who song on video in my opinion. The video of Isle of Wight is to chopped up and edited very poorly. The CD is far sloppier than LAL, and not in a good way. But, if one's favorites are The Who and MMJ, we must be related.

The recently released (2010) Live At Hull 1970 (recorded the night before Live At Leeds was recorded) is really good too.

MOWJO8185

Could anyone re-up the MP3 version of this? I lost it somewhere along the way. I see the post is still up on thesteamengine.net, but the link it goes to says the file is no longer there. Any help would be appreciated!

johnnYYac

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Apr 03, 2017, 05:32 PM
Could anyone re-up the MP3 version of this? I lost it somewhere along the way. I see the post is still up on thesteamengine.net, but the link it goes to says the file is no longer there. Any help would be appreciated!
Yup.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t7m7uhnwnp52im8/The_Okonokos_Project.zip
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

You beat me to it, John!

I was going to say that the Steam Engine link does still work. It just doesn't work from that last link up above in this thread. It showed up when I started on the Steam Engine's MMJ Archives. I then went to Various and Compilations and found the working link there. I re-downloaded it myself, just to make sure it still worked. It does. Here's the link to that page on The Steam Engine.

http://thesteamengine.net/mmj-archive/my-morning-jacket/various-and-compilations/

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 03, 2017, 06:37 PM
Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Apr 03, 2017, 05:32 PM
Yup.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t7m7uhnwnp52im8/The_Okonokos_Project.zip

MOWJO8185

Lonndown27

I love how many Who fans are on here
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018