2012-2013 College Basketball

Started by Tracy 2112, Nov 14, 2012, 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

BH

What a sore loser.   I can't figure out how that douchebag gets so many great players to play for him.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Quote from: BH on Nov 15, 2012, 12:52 AM
What a sore loser.   I can't figure out how that douchebag gets so many great players to play for him.
Uh, he's actually a damn good coach, he offers them the chance to make the NBA, win NCAA championships, and gets his players a shit ton of 'perks' we never hear of.

But yes, he is a douchebag nonetheless.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

e_wind

On tuesday night I stayed late and got to wait on 3 big groups all watching that game. I made the most money in a night I've ever made at my new-ish job and got to see UK lose. It was awesome.

I really hope UL gets the chance to play and beat Duke in this Alantis whatever tournament. I know UK is gonna rock the fuckin league next year, so this year is the chance UL has to shame that douchebag.  :beer:
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

Quote from: e_wind on Nov 15, 2012, 12:25 PM
On tuesday night I stayed late and got to wait on 3 big groups all watching that game. I made the most money in a night I've ever made at my new-ish job and got to see UK lose. It was awesome.

I really hope UL gets the chance to play and beat Duke in this Alantis whatever tournament. I know UK is gonna rock the fuckin league next year, so this year is the chance UL has to shame that douchebag.  :beer:

I root for Louisville too.    However Mizzou is in that tourny too, and I think we will probably play you UofL in the second round if we beat Stanford.    Winner takes on Duke.   Tough tourny!

And Ruckus, I know, your right but if it was me, I'd find all those same things somewhere else.   :smiley:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Quote from: BH on Nov 15, 2012, 12:38 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Nov 15, 2012, 12:25 PM

I root for Louisville too.    However Mizzou is in that tourny too, and I think we will probably play UofL in the second round if we beat Stanford.    Winner takes on Duke.   Tough tourny!

And Ruckus, I know, your right but if it was me, I'd find all those same things somewhere else.   :smiley:

ItBeats4Jew

don't fret.  his reign will end in scandal.  it's almost a foregone conclusion.
what Madonna said really helped

YimYodd

Douchbag for sure  :thumbsup:

My "game of the year" last season was IU beating UK in Bloomington.
Now he doesn't want to play here, wants to make more $$$.
I've read that IU and UL may start a home& home series instead. :beer:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

Ruckus

It's safe to say the Big Ten is the best conference in basketball right now.   :rolleyes:  It feels good to say that after being so beat down in football the past couple of years, particularly this one.

As ILB said, this season might not be for the casual fan that wants to root on the big names with star power but should be entertaining for those that want parity and uncertainty.  There are at least 20 or 30 teams that can win the title right now.

A great start for the Illini who seem to have bought in big time to new coach John Groce (Jim Furyk) and his pick n' roll, drive and dish offense.  There is talent on this team but it lacks depth on the front line.  If the front line continues to play and improve the way they have been, I see know reason why they can't remain competitive in the big 10.  Brandon Paul is a legit NBA prospect and DJ Richardson, Bertrand and Abrams are excellent guards as well.  If only Meyers Leonard hadn't bolted for the NBA.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ruckus on Nov 29, 2012, 12:43 PM
It's safe to say the Big Ten is the best conference in basketball right now.   :rolleyes:  It feels good to say that after being so beat down in football the past couple of years, particularly this one.

As ILB said, this season might not be for the casual fan that wants to root on the big names with star power but should be entertaining for those that want parity and uncertainty.  There are at least 20 or 30 teams that can win the title right now.

A great start for the Illini who seem to have bought in big time to new coach John Groce (Jim Furyk) and his pick n' roll, drive and dish offense.  There is talent on this team but it lacks depth on the front line.  If the front line continues to play and improve the way they have been, I see know reason why they can't remain competitive in the big 10.  Brandon Paul is a legit NBA prospect and DJ Richardson, Bertrand and Abrams are excellent guards as well.  If only Meyers Leonard hadn't bolted for the NBA.

I got my eye on your Illini

e_wind

This will be a good season, for sure. I've never been too into football, (tried when I went to Ole Miss, but it just ain't as graceful as basketball) so college basketball season is what I wait for in the sports world.

I'm excited about the spread right now, especially since UK isn't "an NBA team".

I'm not excited about UL sports and our players gettin hurt everywhere. I have little faith in Siva or Russ Smith, so Deings injury hurts me. It's reassuring that we only lost to Duke by 5 though.

e_wind

This will be a good season, for sure. I've never been too into football, (tried when I went to Ole Miss, but it just ain't as graceful as basketball) so college basketball season is what I wait for in the sports world.

I'm excited about the spread right now, especially since UK isn't "an NBA team".

I'm not excited about UL sports and our players gettin hurt everywhere. I have little faith in Siva or Russ Smith, so Deings injury hurts me. It's reassuring that we only lost to Duke by 5 though.

ItBeats4Jew

for all those looking for Coach Cal to get his comeuppance, I'd say the largest drop ever in the AP rankings and falling out of the top 25 is welcome news. 
what Madonna said really helped

e_wind

iLikeBeer

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Dec 03, 2012, 06:51 PM
for all those looking for Coach Cal to get his comeuppance, I'd say the largest drop ever in the AP rankings and falling out of the top 25 is welcome news.

Can't say that didn't bring a smile to my face...  :beer:

Tracy 2112

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Dec 03, 2012, 06:51 PM

you said comeuppance  :rolleyes:

e_wind

It warms my heart to see all the KY/Coach Cal hate around here.  :beer:

iLikeBeer

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 04, 2012, 01:29 PM
It warms my heart to see all the KY/Coach Cal hate around here.  :beer:

It has more to do with coach Cal than it does with UK.  But when it comes to UofL or UK, I'll root for the Cards any day of the week.

As for Coach Cal, I don't care for his coaching style of getting one and done kids to play for him.  I'm happy to see he was not just able to reload with a bunch of freshmen and make a run like he did last year!  He's also dirty as evidenced by the mess he left behind at Memphis.  IMO, it's only a matter of time before the NCAA starts digging up stuff at UK and he'll bolt again...  :rolleyes:

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Nov 29, 2012, 01:12 PM
The Zags on Saturday will be a big test.  We've played them well since this matchup became annual thing.  Thing is we started 10-0 last year.  Michigan is living up to the preseason billing.  You got some talent and pedigree in Ann Arbor there ILB

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 05, 2012, 04:46 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Nov 29, 2012, 01:12 PM
The Zags on Saturday will be a big test.  We've played them well since this matchup became annual thing.  Thing is we started 10-0 last year.  Michigan is living up to the preseason billing.  You got some talent and pedigree in Ann Arbor there ILB

Yeah.  I'm still trying to temper my excitement for now.  Saw somewhere on ESPN that Michigan and Kentucky are the only two teams in the country with 5 top 100 players on their roster.  Difference is, not all of Michigan's are freshmen.  I liked the John Beilein hire when it happened but I have to say, I didn't think he'd be recruiting like he has been, especially when he's got to compete with a well established coach like Tom Izzo right in his back yard!

Hope your Illini get it done against the Zags this weekend too Ruckus!   :thumbsup: