2012-2013 College Basketball

Started by iLikeBeer, Nov 29, 2012, 09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLikeBeer

Coming off the heels of the B1G winning the ACC/Big10 Challenge for the second straight year, I thought it would be nice to get a college hoops thread started up for the season.

While the B1G has taken it's lumps on the football side of things, I think early on it looks as though the B1G is a pretty solid pick for best basketball conference in the land with the current #1, #3 and #4 teams in the country (OSU will drop, but not much as they more than held their own last night at #2 Duke where the Dookies haven't lost a non-con home game in 97 tries  :shocked:). 

Also, as much as I hate Duke, you gotta be impressed with their record so far.  I mean last night was the 3rd top 5 opponent they've beaten already!  And speaking of being impressed, IU (also not a big fan) has looked reeeeeal good as well.  They completely thumped UNC the other night, although I do think the Tarheels are a tad over-rated.

As a Michigan fan, I've also been pleasantly surprised to see the Wolverines successful start to the season.  This is easily the most talent that has been assembled in Ann Arbor since the days of the Fab 5!   :thumbsup:

Should be a fun year to follow college hoops as there doesn't seem to be any one clear cut team that could run away with the title like we had with UK last year.  Looks like there could be 6-8 teams at least that you could say have a legit shot at cutting down the nets at season's end! 

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

iLikeBeer

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.