Main Menu

The Bear

Started by SiouxTribe, Feb 13, 2006, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiOuxTribe

Use barre chords for the best sound.

Verses, chorus, ect. repeats these chords over.
A#, Dm, D#

OUTTRO:
Cmin , G# , Gm
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

tomEisenbraun

put a capo on the first fret.

makes the chords a lot easier.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

SiOuxTribe

People should start learning guitar without using a capo all the time!!!  but thanks for the input.
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

tomEisenbraun

well, thing is, Jim plays it with a capo. When you could eliminate a ton of weirdly positioned barre chords that are very dissonant with the open notes, it makes a lot more sense to capo.

SiOuxTribe

Barre chords dont have open notes........?
I understand though.  My tabs are more for people who don't own/prefer capoes and all the extra gizmoes involved, and as well the correct standard names of the chords.  Alot of the tabs here can be brutally wrong or assumed to use capoes but dont specify that they do and it confuses the hell out of me and others I'm sure.
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

tomEisenbraun

about  the open notes, like, if you hit an open string by accident, or intentionally, if it rings out, it own't sound completely wrong if you capo it to match up with the key you're playing in. it puts less stress on the fingers and allows for more chord shapes and positions, as you're able to use the open notes a bit more freely, which also frees upt he fingers a bit too.

there are some darn confusing tabs because they forget the capo, but all that's needed is a specification as to which is which, and then denoting what the chords are. the chords don't change because of a capo, only the fingering does. so while the chords will still be alright, they will also be easier to play.

and by easy, i don't mean for a beginner, so much, but just in general ease of play and also tone. having the ability to move a finger or transition between chords without being totally dissonant by a half-step makes the song a lot easier to play.

and Jim writes most of these with a capo, so I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with playing them with one.

no hard feelings dude, just my opinion on the matter. both ways'll work, but I like the freedom a capo allows ahwole lot better.

SiOuxTribe

I have nothing against a capo either, i just prefer not to use one if its possible to play without. rock on
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

aMD

This song and many others are located at the official unofficial My Morning Jacket guitar tabs and chords site:

http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/