12.12.12 Sandy Concert

Started by Murph, Dec 12, 2012, 07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Anyone else excited to watch this?  Anyone actually going to this?

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

mahg33ta

Mr. White

I'm recording it to my DVR right now and will make a DVD of the best parts! It should be great!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Fully

In between trips to the pharmacy to get my daughter's tamiflu ( I'm now on my third trip) I'm watching it. What I've seen so far is great.

Can anyone remember a show where this many HUGE acts played? Stones, Waters,The Who, Macca, and Springsteen? I mean seriously?

Fully

If Elvis and Tupac show up, I won't be surprised.

MrWhippy

I love Eddie Vedder so much.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

APR

Quote from: MrWhippy on Dec 12, 2012, 08:47 PM
I love Eddie Vedder so much.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  That was incredible.  I heard the crowd cheering like crazy a few times.  Eddie is the man.  Unfortunately I think he is done for the night.  It's a great concert (even Adam Sandler was good).

ericm

Watching it with my Jersey Girl daughter who just got home for the Holidays!  :thumbsup: and even though I'm not a JBJ fan, it's been a great show so far.  :beer:

Here's hoping they raise a shit ton of much needed $$$
"Where's Jim going?"

zanjam

Quote from: Fully on Dec 12, 2012, 08:32 PM
In between trips to the pharmacy to get my daughter's tamiflu ( I'm now on my third trip) I'm watching it. What I've seen so far is great.

Can anyone remember a show where this many HUGE acts played? Stones, Waters,The Who, Macca, and Springsteen? I mean seriously?
Woodstock?  Concert for Bangladesh?  The last waltz?  It's massive!
anything + reverb always = better

ericm

For a one day show the closest I can think of is Live Aid.

Queen, Bowie, and Mick,Elton, U2, Macca, Led Zep, Phil Collins, Dire Straits, Sting......
"Where's Jim going?"

GO4IT

The Who really put out for the show tonight.  I think they did more songs by far than anyone else.  Way to go!

Tracy 2112

Kanye West should say: "Barack Obama doesn't care about white people"
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

FiddleCastro

Quote from: GO4IT on Dec 12, 2012, 11:13 PM
The Who really put out for the show tonight.  I think they did more songs by far than anyone else.  Way to go!

They've been absolutely phenomenal this tour! Full of life and really nailing everything. Definitely not going through the motions like so many older bands do now. See Me, Feel Me/Listening To You was incredible! great to see them dust that off (haven't seen it played this tour)
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Murph

the ROLLING STONES got 2 songs, Kanye West had 45 minutes.....da fuk???

Fully

I think it's because they were the last to sign on, so they had to squeeze them in. I would have loved to have seen more of them though.

Penny Lane

Quote from: zanjam on Dec 12, 2012, 09:55 PM

Woodstock?  Concert for Bangladesh?  The last waltz?  It's massive!

CFB was the first one on a massive scale like this..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

This will probably be the last time this many of the big ones from the British Invasion share the same stage. Pretty amazing.

Jaimoe

Ray Davies/Kinks and perhaps Jeff Beck sitting in with the Yardbirds would'a made a perfect capper for the British Invasion

BH

Mick Jagger acted like he wasn't very happy to be there.   Plus his comment was kind of rude IMO.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.