justbcuzido

Quote from: yakeroo on Feb 06, 2013, 09:01 AM
Use Me Up- Bill Withers
Spooky- Classics IV
You Keep Me Hangin' On- Vanilla Fudge
Crimson and Clover- Tommy James & The Shondells
I'd Love To Change The World- Ten Years After
Anything Grateful Dead

Good picks. They have done Crimson and Clover. Check out the prom show @ the 40 watt in Athens. Its on the tapings thread.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

dookie shoot bandit

I love the tears of a clown choice and the I think it would be fun to see Jim sing any elo song... And I don't know if anyone caught it last night on jimmy Fallon, but before one of the commercials, caught a glimpse of Keith sweat's nobody!!! Haha! Not a dream cover but still awesome as shit!!!

My Morning Tube top

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 04, 2013, 10:01 PM
Fearless would e epic.

Caught myself singing along to supertramps "bloody well right" the other day - very random but the arrangement would fit perfectly

Fearless by far my favorite Pink Floyd song... You say the hill's too steep to climb...

My Morning Tube top

Random but Moody Blues, Nights in White Satin, with the Boston Pops again. Jim's voice on "and I love you" would boom... I never listen to MB but this just stands out for his voice and spirit! oh and any Dead song would blow me away or JGB  :cheesy:

tdb810

Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Feb 07, 2013, 02:39 AM
Random but Moody Blues, Nights in White Satin, with the Boston Pops again. Jim's voice on "and I love you" would boom... I never listen to MB but this just stands out for his voice and spirit! oh and any Dead song would blow me away or JGB  :cheesy:
OH yes!
.....Back at the Model Home

millerjustin

Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Feb 07, 2013, 02:37 AM
Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 04, 2013, 10:01 PM
Fearless would e epic.

Caught myself singing along to supertramps "bloody well right" the other day - very random but the arrangement would fit perfectly

Fearless by far my favorite Pink Floyd song... You say the hill's too steep to climb...

Fearlessly the idiot faces the crowd....smiling.

Also - how's about Jeff buckley's Last Goodbye?  Take a listen and imagine Carl on steel guitar instead of the violin backing.  Tommy would be slamming the bass and Jim soulfully crooning about impending loss. 

And for disco freaky fun, how about Emotional Rescue by the Stones?  Horns for Carl, killer backbeat for Patrick and tailor made falsetto for Jim....

A boy can dream
What's in here won't disappear

Tomer

Hank Williams - Angel of Death
Townes Van Zandt - Kathleen
Little Feat - Fat Man In A Bathtub
"Jim's voice makes Enya sound like a russian couple arguing in a bowling alley"

sweatboard

any rick springfield song besides jesse's gurl.....

How about Human Touch squeezed in between Touch Me part 1 and 2?

Rick Springfield- human touch
There's Still Time.........

BIGVICLBI

Electric Avenue-Eddy Grant/ Last song of the night.......
Wicked Game-Chris Isaac/Just so I can be there for the biggest panty drop in history....
Caravan-Van Morrison/Jim loves Soul

millerjustin

How about Tangerine??

EverythingChanges

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 01, 2013, 11:45 PM
How about Tangerine??

She was my lover, she was my queen,
And now a thousand years between!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

millerjustin

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Mar 01, 2013, 11:51 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 01, 2013, 11:45 PM
How about Tangerine??

She was my lover, she was my queen,
And now a thousand years between!

YES!  Imagine Carl melting faces on steel guitar for this one!?!?

Crayton09

Said it before and ill say it again "don't do it" by The Band would be so good and with Preservation or Antibalas!

Lebowski

Bob Dylan - Nobody Cept' You
Billy Joel - Lullabye
Maybe some Sam Cooke singles

APR

Electric Light Orchestra. 

I could see this happening..... very pop and very popular/recognizable old school hits.  Don't Bring Me Down or Mr. Blue Sky.  Incredible vocals that JJ could definitely do.

justbcuzido

Quote from: APR on Mar 06, 2013, 03:38 PM
Electric Light Orchestra. 

I could see this happening..... very pop and very popular/recognizable old school hits.  Don't Bring Me Down or Mr. Blue Sky.  Incredible vocals that JJ could definitely do.

telephone line.... during solo tour would be awesome
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

EverythingChanges

Mr. Blue Sky!!

I think they could do a super kick ass version of Sympathy for the Devil.

I made damn sure that Pilate washed his hands, sealed his fate!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Colfax

I just didn't want to clutter up the first post with my suggestion, but I have one.

Living Colour's CULT OF PERSONALITY

Living Colour - Cult Of Personality

When looking for a good cover for MMJ, there are a couple of criteria. The strengths of the band are several and they start with Jim's voice. This song has a powerful chorus and the chance for Jim to really belt it out.

Second, this is a 2 guitar band with a lot of energy and rocking style. This song also provides that opportunity with a blazing solo by Vernon Reid. I'd like to see what Carl could do with that solo.

Third, MMJ is a high energy band with great stage presence. I can just see Jim running around stage flinging his hair around the way Corey Glover does in the original.

Finally, as I found out thanks to very knowledgeable poster in a thread I started about Black Metal, MMJ employs the use of loops uniquely. Bo could mix in the historical quotes, or they could find other ones they wanted and mix it up.

I really think this is the perfect cover for them and I think younger folks need to be reminded what an awesome band Living Colour was. I hope they play this song!!!