RIP to a dear MMJ fan

Started by exist10z, Jan 07, 2013, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWhippy

So sorry to hear about Erik's passing.  I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him in person, but enjoyed his contributions here immensely.  Thank you, Misti, for coming here to share with us in this time. 

My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

rincon2

Misti,
I met Erik at the Wiltern shows. We both had some trouble with will call on night one, and I resolved it  before the second show. I assured him via this site he would have no problems getting his tickets for night 2. We met in line. We hung out briefly before the show, and I met some of his friends,(at least I think he knew them before that night). He seemed like avery calm and peaceful man. Very sorry for your loss. If he has a file of pictures from the Wiltern shows taken by someone here, I took them and sent them to him.
Dale

YimYodd

Dear Misti,
I was saddened to read of  the tragic passing of your beloved Erik. Like many others I enjoyed his contributions to this forum. He was truly passionate about MMJ and so much other music.
We had recently discussed his very real admiration for a new artist that I , and some others, did not have the same interest in. His informative reasoning led me to delve further  and continue to keep my mind open to new music.
His posts about the PC shows, along with so many other wonderful forum members, dramaticly increased the enjoyment  and excitement I experienced  online here in cold, snowy Indiana.
I hope you can find some small comfort in the music that Erik loved so.
Like several other members who have written of losing loved ones, Jims' song-writing helped me in my time of grief.  My wonderful elderly Mother lost her long battle w/AD  in 2011, 3 days before the release of Circuital. Listening to  Wonderful  for the 1st time , in a small way, I began my healing process.

I'm going where there ain't no fear
I'm going where the spirit is near
I'm going where the living is easy
And the people are kind
A new state of mind
I'm going where there ain't no disease
I'm going where there ain't no police
I'm going where there ain't no need
To escape from what is
Only spirits at ease

Rock on, Erik - you will be missed!
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

exist10z

Wow. All I can say is I have sincere gratitude for the kind words expressed here. These boards were the first thing I thought of when delivering the tragic news. Before, and after, the Wiltern and PC shows, this is the first place he'd go. While many of you haven't met him, I dare say many of you felt like good friends to him. The photo I posted in the initial post was him smiling ear to ear while they were playing "all night long". That is the most sincere smile Erik can have. Nothing gives me more peace than knowing I got to spend the last night of PC with him and see the non-stop smiles he had all night.

Whenever the time is right, I'd love to be there in spirit for him at the next show. I know it may be a while now that Boston has passed. If any of you can remember and think of me when a show is announced, give me a shout. He lives on in all the music he loved. We played MMJ and Band of Horses at his memorial yesterday. Seeing a live show again would be like having him at my side again. Much love to all of you.

Best,
Misti
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

GO4IT

I am deeply saddened to hear of Erik's passing.  We exchanged posts a number of times on old live albums, vinyl, etc and I felt a kindred spirit even though I never met Erik in person.  No doubt we did pass very close to one another in Port Chester, Merriweather and probably other venues and I was hoping to meet him soon, all the more given that he was a fellow Marylander.

I cannot imagine your grief, Misti, and I wish you strength moving forward.  You obviously will find much support and inspiration here as you need it and in the music your husband loved.

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

manonthemoon

Very sad news.  I always enjoyed reading his posts as I unfortunately never met him in person.  Thoughts and prayers to your family Misti during this tough time.
Alive or Just Breathing

EverythingChanges

Misti,

I am truly sorry for your loss.  I have always enjoyed reading his musical thoughts on this board.  He had a wonderful taste in music.  I sincerely wish you and your family the best.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

davymac

Misti,

I'm so sorry to hear this.  You and your family will be in my thoughts a prayers.

Penny Lane

Many condolences to you and your family, Misti. Thanks so much for posting on here. He was such a valuable member of our community and had such passion (and knowledge of music). So sorry you lost your soul mate and best friend. Can't imagine what you're going through. I never got to meet him in person but feel like I know him a bit from his posts. You'll be our thoughts here.

May Erik live on in our forum hearts. Rest in peace you Jacket Head. He must have gone with a smile on his face listening to those shows.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

gardenparty

tragic news.  So sorry to hear about your loss. 

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family

-Jeff

APR

So very sorry for your loss.  I didn't know Erik either, but based on his posts, got the feeling he was a caring, thoughtful, and passionate fan and person.  Your sad news hit me like a ton of bricks as does your desire to see another MMJ so as to have him by your side again.   I hope that happens for you.  That you posted here and came back to read these comments has hopefully helped you in some small way.  Sincere condolences to you and your family.

sweatboard

Sorry for your loss Misti.  I really enjoyed Erik's presence here on the forum, he will truly be missed.  I wish I could put into words what I've been feeling since I read the news.  I feel like we really are a type of family here and to lose one of our family members hurts.  Let's hug each other a little harder from here on out.....for Erik.   

listening to "State of the Art..A.E.I.O.U" off of Jim's upcoming solo album and I can't help but mention how it hits so powerfuly right now.  I know this band tunes into cosmic forces, just one more example. 
There's Still Time.........

vespachick

I sent you a fb request.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

tdb810

tried to add you, but some kind of glitch prevented me from being able to do it.  sent you a message....if you want to find me:
Trish Dooley Budsock   NJ
.....Back at the Model Home

zanjam

I tried to add you, too, but your page didn't have an "add friend" button.  You can add me - Jenny Mink DeMaria.
anything + reverb always = better

exist10z

Sorry guys, I had a setting where no one could add me on Facebook. I changed the settings. Please try to re-add now. It should work. Vespachick, I didn't see your request come though. Try again.

And Trish, tried to search for you but it wouldn't come up.

Hope I can find you all on FB. Love and peace fellow MMJ fans. Xoxo

Misti
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

Haldon

crazylove

Misti,

I never had the pleasure of meeting Erik, but he must have been a great guy.  He had to be since he was such a big part of the MMJ family and these people are some of the finest, caring and honest people you could ever meet. 
My sincerest sympathies to you and all of Erik's family. Hopefully you can take comfort in knowing he left this world doing something he loved.

Nancy
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane