RIP to a dear MMJ fan

Started by exist10z, Jan 07, 2013, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Scosby WILL make that happen. Out of overwhelming grief and sadness new friendships can spring.

mahg33ta

Quote from: scosby2 on Jan 11, 2013, 03:40 PM
We are all one big family and this just further proves that...I love this place and will spend the rest of my days here...Misti, don't you worry, we are gonna get you to a show...on the rail right under Jim. Trust me, we can make it happen.

yup

Jon T.

Misti,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm in the same boat with a lot of others here.  I never had direct contact with your husband, but he was clearly very intelligent, insightful and objective - all great qualities.  I read someone else use the term gut punch and thought that was pretty accurate to how I felt.  It speaks volumes that he had that kind of influence on so many that he never even met.  Peace.

Jon

deidralynn

You are in my thoughts and prayers..so very sorry!

exist10z

Quote from: GO4IT on Jan 10, 2013, 11:36 PM
Quote from: exist10z on Jan 10, 2013, 04:45 PM
Alex,

Thank you for that. Your words mean a lot to me. So sorry about your brother. My loss is excruciating beyond words really. But music brings me back to him. This will probably sound strange but I'll share it anyways. I may have even posted this on another thread so forgive me if so. Anyway, during the cover of "All Night Long" Saturday night in PC, Erik and I danced so close. He had his arms around me and kissed my cheek 'peanut' throughout the song ( he used to call my cheek my 'peanut'). It was a great memory and it is during that song that I took the picture you see in the beginning of this thread. This is the 'strange' part so forgive me. I got his ashes yesterday at the funeral home. When I got home, I went to You Tube, pulled up "All Night Long" at PC and turned it up loud, held his box of ashes close to me and danced to the song with him. Sorry if that sounded morbid to you guys but it was like I felt his spirit there smiling upon me.

Music is powerful and it is a love we both shared. In music, he will always be by my side. Again, anyone that would like to add me on FB, please do. I don't stay on top of MMJ shows as much as Erik did, so keep me in mind and I'd love to join you all one day.

Facebook.com/misti10

All the best and thanks for the continued support.

Xoxo
Misti
Misti,
Based on the picture, it looks like you were up in the Balcony on Sat. night with Ms GO4IT, myself and a few others from the forum. You and Erik were probably only steps away from where we were.  I remember during All Night Long that we were all dancing so hard that the balcony was just bouncing up and down - it was a bit fun and scary all at once and I posted this to the 12/29/12 thread at the time:
"Balcony moving out of control. I may fall out!"

Thanks for sharing that very special moment and I can definitely understand why you would want to remember and relive it.  We all understand how special their music is and how much comfort and joy it can provide.

If they come back to Merriweather I will host another local pre-party for the Forum Faithful and you must come.

-Rob

The floor was totally shaking!!!!! Such great energy. Sorry we didn't get to meet you. Judging by the roll call tees we saw around us, we were pretty close to many of you. Hope to share in the joy of MMJ with all of you again. Erik will surely be there with us, too.

Love and peace to all of you.
Misti
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

exist10z

Quote from: zanjam on Jan 11, 2013, 03:30 PM
Quote from: CC Baxter on Jan 11, 2013, 03:01 PM
a message from jim:

Quotehello misti- so very sad to hear of erik's passing. obviously i did not know your husband, but i do know how very much our fans mean to us in being a part of what we do- because without the fans the circle is not complete, and quite frankly without people like erik we would not be able to do what we do or share what we share, and feel the circle completed with the beautiful exchange of love that goes on between listeners and musicians as music is played and shared. i send a big thank you to the heavens for the energy of erik that he shared with us, while he was here in this realm and on his journeys beyond. our hearts and best wishes go out to you and we send you much love and healing energy. -your pal jim james
I am just floored.  This is so special.  Misti, I hope you find comfort in Jim's words.

I'm absolutely speechless. The fact that Jim James left a tribute to my beloved soulmate (and surely one of his biggest fans), absolutely means the WORLD to me. Words cant express my gratitude or the considerable comfort his words gave me. If someone could relay now much that touched my heart, please do. It literally brightened my otherwise melancholy, tear-riden day. I hope to all join you again for a show in Erik's memory. His spirit lives with me in each MMJ song.

Wow, I'm just so speechless. So grateful for the kind words and support. Really quite surreal that Jim did that on Erik's behalf. Speaks volumes about his kind heart and commitment to his fans. Thank you, Jim.

Peace and love to you, Jim James. Erik is surely smiling ear-to-ear with that beautiful message.

Best,

Misti
Xoxo
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

exist10z

We are all one big family and this just further proves that...I love this place and will spend the rest of my days here...Misti, don't you worry, we are gonna get you to a show...on the rail right under Jim. Trust me, we can make it happen.

Please???? That would be so special for me. Keep me in mind, it will be a celebration of his spirit and unrelenting love for MMJ. Thanks for all your support. I dare say I've received more comfort from all of you than my 'real' friends. That speaks volumes about the kindness and great character of you all.

Best,
Misti

MrWhippy

OK, totally welling up with tears over here.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

WinstonLegthigh

Sorry about the loss. I'm new here, but it's so surreal how unexpectedly this has happened. Port Chester feels like it was yesterday.

It's hard for me to tell someone not to worry, or that everything will be ok when I'm not in their shoes. Deepest Condolences.

meatplate

Wow. I actually bought a ticket from Erik to one of the Wiltern shows and had a chance to hang out with him a bit before a show - such a nice guy. I'm shocked - so sorry for your loss Misti. Very cool to see that note from Jim, glad it brightened your day.

YimYodd

Peace and love to you, Jim James. Erik is surely smiling ear-to-ear with that beautiful message.

Misti
Xoxo

:cool: :thumbsup:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

Crispy

Misti, my rail spot is yours at the next show we both attend, and whatever show you go to next, I'm sure getting you in front will be not be a problem. I think we all look forward to celebrating Erik's memory with you, and with all the love and peace you deserve.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

existsis

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on this thread or on the forum as a whole.  I'm Erik's sister and I have been reading along with Misti all of these amazing posts from all of you, some of whom never met him in person.  I am sitting here in tears, overwhelmed with all the love and support coming out of all of you.  Erik was my older brother and always my music mentor from the time I started listening to my own music as an 11 year old.  I have countless "mix tapes" and eventually cd's that he has made for me over the years.  Needless to say, he introduced me to MMJ a few years ago and I, of course, fell in love.  He's been trying to get me to a live show ever since. He finally succeeded in Port Chester.  I'm sure I saw many of you there.  We were right there with many of you in the line debacle Thursday night when none of us knew where to go and then we finally got in early, what a thrill.  Erik kept telling me 90% of his excitement was having me there with him.  (one of you mentioned that you knew he was trying to get a ticket for his sister, well that was me and I was there) I'm so thankful that I was there with him for that show. He kept pointing some of you out and saying I think that's so and so from the board, but I'm not sure. I'd say, say hi! We were just 2 people back from the stage close to Carl but towards the middle, were any of you near us Thursday?   Ruckus, he spoke about you to me by name saying that you bonded over both being from Baltimore :)   Thank you so much to everyone for all the beautiful things you've said about my brother.  I can't express how much that means to all of us.  There are 4 of us siblings and we're all so tight, losing him has felt like someone has torn off one of my limbs.  I am absolutely floored and overwhelmed, like Misti, that Jim James left a message for her about Erik. What an amazing testament to what an incredible band MMJ is and how awesome the fans are.  I agree with the sentiment...best band and fans EVER. 

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: existsis on Jan 11, 2013, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on this thread or on the forum as a whole.  I'm Erik's sister and I have been reading along with Misti all of these amazing posts from all of you, some of whom never met him in person.  I am sitting here in tears, overwhelmed with all the love and support coming out of all of you.  Erik was my older brother and always my music mentor from the time I started listening to my own music as an 11 year old.  I have countless "mix tapes" and eventually cd's that he has made for me over the years.  Needless to say, he introduced me to MMJ a few years ago and I, of course, fell in love.  He's been trying to get me to a live show ever since. He finally succeeded in Port Chester.  I'm sure I saw many of you there.  We were right there with many of you in the line debacle Thursday night when none of us knew where to go and then we finally got in early, what a thrill.  Erik kept telling me 90% of his excitement was having me there with him.  (one of you mentioned that you knew he was trying to get a ticket for his sister, well that was me and I was there) I'm so thankful that I was there with him for that show. He kept pointing some of you out and saying I think that's so and so from the board, but I'm not sure. I'd say, say hi! We were just 2 people back from the stage close to Carl but towards the middle, were any of you near us Thursday?   Ruckus, he spoke about you to me by name saying that you bonded over both being from Baltimore :)   Thank you so much to everyone for all the beautiful things you've said about my brother.  I can't express how much that means to all of us.  There are 4 of us siblings and we're all so tight, losing him has felt like someone has torn off one of my limbs.  I am absolutely floored and overwhelmed, like Misti, that Jim James left a message for her about Erik. What an amazing testament to what an incredible band MMJ is and how awesome the fans are.  I agree with the sentiment...best band and fans EVER.

existsis, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.  I'm glad though that you and Misti have used this forum for some comfort through this impossibly difficult time.  and I'm especially glad that you both got to share in the experience of a truly unique and magical band.  I wish you nothing but peace and healing to you and your entire family. 
what Madonna said really helped

zanjam

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Jan 11, 2013, 07:28 PM
Quote from: existsis on Jan 11, 2013, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone,

existsis, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.  I'm glad though that you and Misti have used this forum for some comfort through this impossibly difficult time.  and I'm especially glad that you both got to share in the experience of a truly unique and magical band.  I wish you nothing but peace and healing to you and your entire family.
Oh my goodness I am full of tears!  existsis, I am so sorry for your loss.  ItBeats4Jew is my brother and we (quite obviously) share an insane love for this band as well.  There are lots of forum family members (siblings, married couples) and it is so great when it becomes a family affair.  The whole MMJ community really feels like family, so I am happy you have found us.  So glad you got to experience MMJ with Erik, so you can cherish the memory forever.

Much peace to all of you, and I hope to meet all the exist10z family at a show in the future. 

Jenny
anything + reverb always = better

nuggets

very sad news. regardless of individual taste, I have a special love for people who are passionate about music and wish the world was full of them. hearing we have lost the pleasure of having such a soul in this world with us is heartbreaking.

Oh shit, run!

Fully

Existsis, I too am so sorry for your loss. Your brother's loss so suddenly has affected us all. Please accept me deepest sympathies on your loss. I'm glad that you got to spend those days in Port Chester together with your brother. They must be all the more precious in light of what has happened. May your grief find comfort.

Penny Lane

ExistSis--thanks so much for posting. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. I'm glad you got to share that night (which was the best of the 3 in my opinion) with your brother! You were probably right next to many of us in line. Please come around here more often and hopefully we can meet again at a show. I was the girl bitching at the muscle-y bouncer who put us back into one line (lol). That was indeed a debacle. Sounds like a great bond you had with him and he sounds like a great guy.

Hope you won't be a stranger around here. We don't just talk music, we talk.....about music we don't like, too. :-)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: exist10z on Jan 11, 2013, 04:42 PM

Please???? That would be so special for me. Keep me in mind, it will be a celebration of his spirit and unrelenting love for MMJ. Thanks for all your support. I dare say I've received more comfort from all of you than my 'real' friends. That speaks volumes about the kindness and great character of you all.

Best,
Misti

of course! ..to reiterate what crispy and scosby said, you definitely need to experience that..you and ExistSis both...you've got honorary spots..

i think that Erik would be smiling now, saying...'wait, no one ever gave me a rail spot?!'   :wink:
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Rizzos Girl

Existsis, I've been thinking about your brother and Misti, and now you, non-stop since I learned of him passing and I wanted to share with you as I have with Misti, just how sorry I am for your loss. Your brother was obviously a special person and I'm sure the hole that is left in your life is immense.  So we will try to fill it with love and lots of music in the meantime for you and Misti and your other sibs. I never met your brother but he sounded like an awesome guy.  I hope some day you grow to instead of feeling sad for losing him feel blessed for having him.  I'm so worried that you will now associate MMJ with this painful time in your life. I really hope it becomes the medicine to help your healing instead!