Main Menu

Mike Cooley

Started by rincon2, Jan 17, 2013, 02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon2

Mr. Bumper Sticker. His lyrics I mean. Many of them are perfect for ten word or less, but this one really strikes me as genius,     "You know the bottle ain't to blame and I ain't trying to,    It don't make you do a thing, It just let's you."

headhunter

I love Mike Cooley!  Go pick up his brand new solo live album.  Awesome Stuff.  Ask Ms. Penny Lane, she'll tell ya.

:thumbsup:
was some shakin' and some record playin'

rincon2

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 17, 2013, 08:55 AM
I love Mike Cooley!  Go pick up his brand new solo live album.  Awesome Stuff.  Ask Ms. Penny Lane, she'll tell ya.

I have heard it. I am well aware of Penny's obsession with both of my favorite bands.Probably the only thing she has in common with this old bastard.

headhunter

Quote from: rincon2 on Jan 17, 2013, 03:55 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Jan 17, 2013, 08:55 AM

I have heard it. I am well aware of Penny's obsession with both of my favorite bands.Probably the only thing she has in common with this old bastard.

Along with Wilco, my favorite bands as well.  Although I usually trust her musical tastes quite a bit and I'm an old bastard too!    :wink:

MrWhippy

My favorite Cooley bumper stickerism might be:

"Living in fear is just another way of dying before your time."

I also love that the last time I heard these Cooley lyrics live, Penny was at my side:

"You pack a pretty mean punch for such a pretty little dish."
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

rincon2

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 18, 2013, 06:26 AM
My favorite Cooley bumper stickerism might be:

"Living in fear is just another way of dying before your time."

I also love that the last time I heard these Cooley lyrics live, Penny was at my side:

"You pack a pretty mean punch for such a pretty little dish."
Are you on the DBT forum? I started a thread about a year ago about Cooley bumper-stickers. Sometimes he has 5 or 6 great ones in a song.

headhunter

Yes but I don't post as often.  Also hh on 3dd.