Official 2013 Festival Speculation

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 24, 2013, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

EverythingChanges

http://lineup.forecastlefest.com/events/2013/07/12/

Jim, AS, Foxy, and Kurt Vile really don't conflict at all.  It will be a good night!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

e_wind

leaving jim early to see the F'Lips is the only sacrifice I have to make at all. Because the line up is so so for me, its gonna be really laid back. Looking forward to that schedule. I guess I'll be missing houndmouth, but I dont really care about that either
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

shit with the Joy Formidable and FLips being back to back I may not even see Jimmy

EverythingChanges

Did you just get a Saturday pass too?  And I will definitely be watching Jim start to finish, no question about that.

e_wind

No I got the whole weekend, though Saturday is the best day by far.

EverythingChanges

Skipping Jim's set at Forecastle is like sacrilege!

Fully

Quote from: EverythingChanges on May 22, 2013, 08:36 PM
It's not like the setlist is going to change drastically.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Fully on May 22, 2013, 09:38 PM

Yes, but you guys must be less far down the obsession wormhole than I am.  I can't imagine skipping Jim for almost anything. 

OK, I would have skipped his set at Roo if it conflicted with Swans, but that is the only thing on that entire Roo bill that would have made me skip Jim.  In no way would I skip Jim for modern day Flaming Lips, but that's just me.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on May 23, 2013, 06:40 AM
Quote from: Fully on May 22, 2013, 09:38 PM

Yes, but you guys must be less far down the obsession wormhole than I am.  I can't imagine skipping Jim for almost anything. 

OK, I would have skipped his set at Roo if it conflicted with Swans, but that is the only thing on that entire Roo bill that would have made me skip Jim.  In no way would I skip Jim for modern day Flaming Lips, but that's just me.

Let's not take it too far. I did stand out in the cold rain and mud to see him for the fourth time back in Atlanta earlier this month. I just don't quite think it's sacrilege to skip his show, particularly if you've already seen it a few times as ewind has. The setlist is set in stone except for some slight encore variations, yet I've enjoyed watching this band grow their sound and take things further every time I've seen them. But I completely get how someone might want to see a different band instead of Jim's band at a festival since they've already seen what they are serving up for the most part.

johnnYYac

I agree with these comments but wonder if Jim would stray from his tour setlist since he already played Louisville and this is his hometown fest. It's all speculation and if a conflict with Jim's set exists and you've seen the Regions tour 3+ times, it would be understandable. Kinda Like Sophie's Choice applied to festival scheduling.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MrWhippy

I would skip Jim for MMJ, but thankfully I will never have to make that choice.

And yes, it might be interesting to see what Jim's sets are like now that the actual tour for the album is over.  Though it's hard for me to imagine him doing too much different with this current band than he already is doing.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Penny Lane

I would only skip his set for Cold Specks.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 23, 2013, 12:35 PM

*cough* J Roddy *cough^^*

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on May 23, 2013, 12:49 PM

Or DJ Afrojack.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 23, 2013, 01:22 PM
Quote from: Fully on May 23, 2013, 12:49 PM

Or DJ Afrojack.
Snarky, aren't we?

e_wind

I wouldn't skip MMJ for anything. Jim is a different story. I opted out of 3 shows I had tickets for on this tour after seeing it multiple times. At bonnaroo wilco would be a no brainer

EverythingChanges

EverythingChanges

Anyone recall how long MMJ played last year on the boat?  If the event is shorter than an hour, I'm not sure its worth the cash, but otherwise I'm game!

e_wind

It was PHJB playing a set alone and then mmj joining them. no more than 1.5 hours total. im pretty sure they only played 1 mmj song (highly suspicious). it was awesome though! that being said, the boat is small and claustrophobic and hot and im gonna do cheese at the palace