Official 2013 Festival Speculation

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 24, 2013, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

The FB is run by JKs gf (I think). So if they say something, they know what they're talking about
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

These final big festivals need to drop their info already... The wait is killing me
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

oistheone

I hear that! These Bonnaroo rumors are going to be the death of me. And apparently the lineup still doesn't drop for another two weeks!

EverythingChanges

Straight from the FB page:

"Ooh! An exciting piece of the Forecastle puzzle is locked down. We can't wait to spill the beans, but it must wait a bit..."

I'm hoping for a headliner of these sorts:

MMJ (Unlikely I know, I know)
Radiohead
Arcade Fire
Black Keys (Meh, but I'll take it)
Daft Punk (Would be interesting)
Neil Young
Jack White

I'm probably thinking too big though..  We'll see in a few weeks...

oistheone

Sadly, Neil is in Europe all summer and Jack's camp has said he won't be touring in 2013.

But who knows?! That's what makes this suspense so damn FRUSTRATING! I'm a guy who likes to pick a festival and then spend the next four months freaking out about how EXCITED I am! But ya can't do that without any lineups!

Forecastle is the one festival that I haven't heard any rumors about. Jim's there, obviously, but what about the headliners? I could definitely see Arcade Fire there, but I wonder if they'll be on the road this summer or what? Ever since it was announced they're working on a new album things have been mysteriously quiet...

Call me crazy, but I could definitely see Pearl Jam as the big headliner. They'll be doing shows around Forecastle time and you KNOW Forecastle would love to book an act that will not only sell a shitload of tickets, but also draw fans from far and wide. This "destination festival" strategy worked last year with MMJ, don't see why they wouldn't do it again this year. And also, WHEN THE HELL was the last time PJ played Louisville??

Nothing but speculation but that's my official prediction for Forecastle.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 06, 2013, 02:17 PM
Sadly, Neil is in Europe all summer and Jack's camp has said he won't be touring in 2013.

But who knows?! That's what makes this suspense so damn FRUSTRATING! I'm a guy who likes to pick a festival and then spend the next four months freaking out about how EXCITED I am! But ya can't do that without any lineups!

Forecastle is the one festival that I haven't heard any rumors about. Jim's there, obviously, but what about the headliners? I could definitely see Arcade Fire there, but I wonder if they'll be on the road this summer or what? Ever since it was announced they're working on a new album things have been mysteriously quiet...

Arcade fire has been super quiet.  I'm hoping their album will be ready by early summer and they will be ready to hit the road.

EverythingChanges

"What a week! The line up is coming together into a mind blowing concoction and while we can't tell you just yet, we're happy to share some amazing new material from some of our all-time fest favorites. Case in point, this slightly NSFW video for the Flaming Lips rendition of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"."

--Forecastle on Facebook

Sounds like the Lips will be there Saturday night.  I have mixed feelings on this.  I've heard great things and bad things about their live shows.  If they do headline, it will be Saturday, because they have a show somewhere else on Sunday.

oistheone

Forecastle just tweeted:

QuoteWondering which artists performing at the Grammys tonight will also be at Forecastle? :-)

Place your bets! I could see Mumford and Sons headlining a night. Ashley Capps has his fingerprints ALL over their latest tour, and none of the (very limited number of) stopovers are close to Louisville. However, M+S are also heavily rumored to be headlining Bonnaroo, and I'm not sure if I could see the two fests sharing headliners.

Could also see that tweet referring to Alabama Shakes or the Keys, but with the Keys having headlined Forecastle 2010, might be a little soon for a return visit.

Fully

Mumford headlining at roo? If so, I'll be interested to see how all the Mumford wannabes dress in their early 1900's gear in that heat. Maybe old timely bathing suits will suddenly be cool.

oistheone

:grin:

I could also see M+S not playing Bonnaroo after all, and Capps saving them to drum up major publicity for Forecastle.

I'm sure getting tired of this speculating game though! Let's get these lineups! Or at least a credible leak or two.

TheThird

I'm definitely not saying this confirms them by any means but just to add to the Bonnaroo Speculation, Songkick did have Mumford & Sons and Tom Petty headlining Bonnaroo on their website a while ago but it was quickly taken down. I hope that's not the case since Tom Petty isn't my number one choice of headliner (I'd actually be a little excited about Mumford & Sons, which I know is a dangerous thing to say on this forum   :rolleyes:)

As far as forecastle goes, my speculation is that the Flaming Lips and the Black Keys are going to be headlining two of the three nights. The Flips because of all the love forecastle has been giving them and the Keys due to their recent tweet. And it'd go along with their small tour that they're doing together. Also didn't forecastle say something about forecastle alums coming back, which would further support the Flips/Keys headlining.

But I'm with oistheone, just release the dang lineup already  :grin: :grin:
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

bartel

EverythingChanges

It won't be Mumford, they are in Europe that week. THANK GOD!!!  :thumbsup:

So now off to real speculation...

Black Keys
Lumineers
Jack White
Elton John? (Probably not, but damn it would be sweet)
Frank Ocean (I hope not)
Arcade Fire (Are they at the grammys this year?)
Foo Fighters

I might be missing some...

Lumineers are in Europe on the 9th, but their next show is a couple weeks afterwards in South Carolina, so it's a possibility.

Black Keys are extremely likely.

The rest are (imo) not going to happen.

They keep hinting at Flaming Lips as well.

If FL and the Keys headlined who would play on Saturday? (Which is the bigger band?)

Fully

Black Keys headlined in 2011 so I doubt they'll headline again so soon.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Fully on Feb 10, 2013, 06:53 PM
Black Keys headlined in 2011 so I doubt they'll headline again so soon.

I'd be cool if Radiohead took their place  :grin:

I still think it is going to be the Keys though.

TheThird

The Black Keys and FLips are both in South Carolina the Friday of Forecastle. Not sure if that logistically marks them out or not but I thought I'd point that out. And like Fully said, they both have headlined within the past 3 or 4 years so headlining so soon would be weird. BUT STILL WHY DOES FORECASTLE KEEP ON POSTING SO MUCH ABOUT THE FLIPS?!
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

EverythingChanges

Quote from: TheThird on Feb 10, 2013, 07:19 PM
The Black Keys and FLips are both in South Carolina the Friday of Forecastle. Not sure if that logistically marks them out or not but I thought I'd point that out. And like Fully said, they both have headlined within the past 3 or 4 years so headlining so soon would be weird. BUT STILL WHY DOES FORECASTLE KEEP ON POSTING SO MUCH ABOUT THE FLIPS?!

They wouldn't headline Friday, it would be Saturday and Sunday.  Friday is typically a dubstep/electronic headliner.  I think them being in SC makes them close enough to make it happen.  I agree with the idea that it is too soon for them to be back, but Forecastle keeps hinting at alums coming back.  I would be more shocked to not see the Lips and Keys at this point. 

I am still holding out for some of these acts:

Jim James
Tallest Man on Earth
Tame Impala
Grizzly Bear
Menomena
Explosions in the Sky (This would make my weekend)
Floating Action
Houndmouth
Wax Fang
Father John Misty
Alabama Shakes

My girlfriend wants Florence, Feist, or Grace Potter, so it would be nice to get something she'd be really excited about too.

If Jim played forecastle what would be the chance for the band to show up for encore?

BigHerm

Fun. had a big night. Guess we know who will be headlining bonnaroo.

oistheone

That tweet from Forecastle during the Grammys sure was interesting:

Quote@TheBlackKeys rocked Grammy-winner "Lonely Boy" with Dr. John and @PresHall. Excited to see what they have in store for 2013... #Grammys

While they're not quite expected, I'd definitely upgrade them to "logical" for Forecastle.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 11, 2013, 12:16 AM
That tweet from Forecastle during the Grammys sure was interesting:

Quote@TheBlackKeys rocked Grammy-winner "Lonely Boy" with Dr. John and @PresHall. Excited to see what they have in store for 2013... #Grammys

While they're not quite expected, I'd definitely upgrade them to "logical" for Forecastle.

I seriously think they will show up at Forecastle.  Otherwise, the person who does social media for the festival really just enjoys misleading the people.