Official 2013 Festival Speculation

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 24, 2013, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

i hope not. black keys have been at forecastle before, and that was before they wrote that shit album camino
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 11, 2013, 01:42 PM
i hope not. black keys have been at forecastle before, and that was before they wrote that shit album camino

I like the Keys, but they need to learn a few things when it comes to playing a good show.  They need to extend their songs and make them come to life live, they need to play songs across their entire catalogue (not just El Camino and Brothers), and they need to play longer sets with a beefier encore.  Two song encores are lame, especially when all of your songs are 3 minutes long.

Besides that, a Black Keys show is nothing but a good time.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

EverythingChanges

Forecastle:

"You've got an urgent question: When will the lineup be announced!? We've got an answer. Stay tuned for the announce date this week."

An announcement to announce the date that they will announce the lineup...

EverythingChanges

So, the other night I posted this on Forecastle's wall

"When you announce the lineup, I hope Jim James is on it. He is on almost every other festival lineup this year. Make it happen!"

Tonight they replied back with a

:smiley:

Jim James is coming to Forecastle!!

This was probably already obvious, but now I am super stoked!! Get pumped!!  :drum:

BigHerm

Where are the Jack White rumors? Hopefully he's at bonnaroo.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: BigHerm on Feb 12, 2013, 11:46 AM

I don't think he is showing up anywhere this year.  At least not so far.  I'd love to see him though.

dmooney99

I went to Firefly Festival in Dover, DE last year.  That was pretty cool.  first year, 3 day festival w/ Black Keys, Jack White, The Killers, Flaming Lips. Silversun Pickpus, CAKE, Modest Mouse, Death Cab FOr Cutie and tons more.

They haven't announced this years line-up yet (suppose to in one week).  There have been hints and rumors though like Pearl Jam, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, fun, Mumford & Sons, Phoenix, MGMT etc...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: dmooney99 on Feb 12, 2013, 09:15 PM
I went to Firefly Festival in Dover, DE last year.  That was pretty cool.  first year, 3 day festival w/ Black Keys, Jack White, The Killers, Flaming Lips. Silversun Pickpus, CAKE, Modest Mouse, Death Cab FOr Cutie and tons more.

They haven't announced this years line-up yet (suppose to in one week).  There have been hints and rumors though like Pearl Jam, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, fun, Mumford & Sons, Phoenix, MGMT etc...

I'd love to see Arcade Fire.

Fun would be terrible at any festival imo.

oistheone

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Feb 12, 2013, 08:43 PM

I don't think he is showing up anywhere this year.  At least not so far.  I'd love to see him though.

His team has said he isn't "touring", buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt I could definitely see a festival appearance or two. Especially one close to home, like Roo or Forecastle. You know there are offers out there, and festival paychecks would be pretty hard to turn down.

Seems like a lot of lineups are going to be dropped in the next two weeks, so I'll have some decisions to make. What do you guys do? Hit everything in a 500-mile radius, or weigh your options and choose wisely?

EverythingChanges

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 15, 2013, 06:24 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Feb 12, 2013, 08:43 PM

His team has said he isn't "touring", buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt I could definitely see a festival appearance or two. Especially one close to home, like Roo or Forecastle. You know there are offers out there, and festival paychecks would be pretty hard to turn down.

Seems like a lot of lineups are going to be dropped in the next two weeks, so I'll have some decisions to make. What do you guys do? Hit everything in a 500-mile radius, or weigh your options and choose wisely?

Choose wisely.

Forecastle drops their lineup on March 4th.

TheThird

So I got this in an email today...

Edit: Ok I don't know how to post pictures on here...but here's the direct link to the image http://s1304.beta.photobucket.com/user/TheThrd/media/Roo_zpsf760d64d.jpg.html
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

TheThird

Quote from: TheThird on Feb 16, 2013, 12:38 PM
So I got this in an email today...

Edit: Ok I don't know how to post pictures on here...but here's the direct link to the image http://s1304.beta.photobucket.com/user/TheThrd/media/Roo_zpsf760d64d.jpg.html

I'm also not saying this is legit. I just thought I'd share.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

oistheone

Verrrrrrry interesting. Most of that jives with a "leak" that was posted on Songkick yesterday and has since been taken down. On that list were all the acts in that image, plus Petty, McCartney and a whole whack others.

Guess we won't know for sure until Tuesday, but man, if these "leaks" are legit, holy shit this is going to be the best Bonnaroo lineup ever. I'm obviously setting myself up for disappointment, but I don't know, I've just got this weeeeeeeeird feeling that Bonnaroo is going to put together an insane lineup this year.

TheThird

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 16, 2013, 12:45 PM
Verrrrrrry interesting. Most of that jives with a "leak" that was posted on Songkick yesterday and has since been taken down. On that list were all the acts in that image, plus Petty, McCartney and a whole whack others.

Guess we won't know for sure until Tuesday, but man, if these "leaks" are legit, holy shit this is going to be the best Bonnaroo lineup ever. I'm obviously setting myself up for disappointment, but I don't know, I've just got this weeeeeeeeird feeling that Bonnaroo is going to put together an insane lineup this year.

Songkick was where the email I got was from so I guess that's why they coincide so well  :grin: But seriously, if half of these rumors are true, then Bonnaroo's going to be insane!

oistheone

Well, looks like Forecastle just confirmed Alabama Shakes will be there. Jim and Alabama Shakes so far, not a bad start!

EverythingChanges

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 16, 2013, 01:02 PM
Well, looks like Forecastle just confirmed Alabama Shakes will be there. Jim and Alabama Shakes so far, not a bad start!

:cheesy:

it's official, I'm going.

Fully

If I go, I'll do a one day pass. There weren't enough acts last year to make three days worth doing the entire thing.

dmooney99

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Feb 12, 2013, 09:37 PM
Quote from: dmooney99 on Feb 12, 2013, 09:15 PM

I'd love to see Arcade Fire.

Fun would be terrible at any festival imo.

Well Lumineers and vampire Weekend were "confirmed" through USA Today.  Pearl Jam is heavily being rumored for Firefly!  We'll find out in 2 days.

oistheone

This direct lineup-release showdown between Bonnaroo and Firefly tomorrow is gonna be great!

MrWhippy

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 18, 2013, 03:58 PM
This direct lineup-release showdown between Bonnaroo and Firefly tomorrow is gonna be great!

Well, Firefly has now showed its hand and, overall, barf.  Some good things sprinkled in, though. 

We'll see how Bonnaroo looks later, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

I know the Coachella lineup seemed a little underwhelming to some people at first, but the more lineups that come out, the better it looks by comparison. 
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.