ROLL CALL - Jim James 4/27/13, Union Transfer, Philly

Started by Jeff Murray, Jan 30, 2013, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerseyDan

Quote from: dmooney99 on Mar 18, 2013, 07:19 PM
I heard the Llama Tooth (across the street) is pretty good for a few drinks and whatwnot before or after the show.

http://llamatooth.com/

Llama Tooth is basically a restaurant. They have a patio but only open it if the weather is good. Also no draft beer. Prohibition Taproom...dig it!

ericm

I heard the Llama Tooth (across the street) is pretty good for a few drinks and whatwnot before or after the show.

Looks like it's right up my alley. I could go for a bite to eat, and dig the patio scene. Bonus points for proximity to the venue!  :beer: fingers crossed for decent weather for both the patio and lining up.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

peafunk31

Quote from: ericm on Mar 21, 2013, 06:07 PM

Looks like it's right up my alley. I could go for a bite to eat, and dig the patio scene. Bonus points for proximity to the venue!  :beer: fingers crossed for decent weather for both the patio and lining up.  :thumbsup:

JerseyDan is correct. The Llama Tooth does not have beers on tap. However, the bottled beer selection is excellent & the food is quite good. It also has a special place in my heart as I didn't recognize Deer Tick before their show w/ J. Roddy & attempted to sell them an extra ticket we had to their own show :grin: They were good natured about it & actually f'd with me a little bit (price haggling). A bit embarrising but still pretty funny.
Homer no function beer well without.

ericm

Quote from: peafunk31 on Mar 26, 2013, 09:28 AM

JerseyDan is correct. The Llama Tooth does not have beers on tap. However, the bottled beer selection is excellent & the food is quite good. It also has a special place in my heart as I didn't recognize Deer Tick before their show w/ J. Roddy & attempted to sell them an extra ticket we had to their own show :grin: They were good natured about it & actually f'd with me a little bit (price haggling). A bit embarrising but still pretty funny.

Haha. Classic! :grin:

I'm more of a cocktail man before a show so Llama Tooth works for me. If they don't sell booze, then a good bottled beer will be fine.  Good to know about the food, and thanks for the info.  :cool:  :thumbsup: 

Definitely looking forward to seeing you guys before the show. I'll keep you posted.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

dmooney99

less than a month away.  Well i'd like to go to one the pre meet-ups.

JaneCool

Quote from: ericm on Mar 26, 2013, 10:19 AM
Quote from: peafunk31 on Mar 26, 2013, 09:28 AM

Haha. Classic! :grin:

I'm more of a cocktail man before a show so Llama Tooth works for me. If they don't sell booze, then a good bottled beer will be fine.  Good to know about the food, and thanks for the info.  :cool:  :thumbsup: 

Definitely looking forward to seeing you guys before the show. I'll keep you posted.  :beer:

I'm in for this - as you know, I'm a cocktail woman hahaha - any idea of what time everyone will be meeting?
So, I do believe.....

Ghosts_on_TV

Just found out that a friend of mine bartends at Prohibition. So thats cool.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

Angelo

So where is the preshow meetup anyway? I see a couple of places mentioned in this thread. Llama? Prohibition?

ericm

Quote from: Angelo on Apr 21, 2013, 09:53 AM
So where is the preshow meetup anyway? I see a couple of places mentioned in this thread. Llama? Prohibition?

I'll be passing on Prohibition, and hitting up Llama.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Angelo

Quote from: ericm on Apr 21, 2013, 10:10 AM

I look forward to meeting you at Llama Tooth then! This'll make for an easy walk to UT.

ericm

Quote from: Angelo on Apr 21, 2013, 03:03 PM
Quote from: ericm on Apr 21, 2013, 10:10 AM

I look forward to meeting you at Llama Tooth then! This'll make for an easy walk to UT.

Same here Angelo.  :beer:

I'm not sure what time I'll be getting there as of now, but definitely shooting for an early enough arrival to get something to eat, and hang for a bit before hitting up the line.
"Where's Jim going?"

Angelo

Keep me posted. I'll pm you my number, shoot me a text if that's cool with you.

ericm

Quote from: Angelo on Apr 21, 2013, 04:17 PM
Keep me posted. I'll pm you my number, shoot me a text if that's cool with you.

I definitely will. Probably Friday night when I have a better idea about what time I'll be getting there on Saturday. Worst case is I'll be in touch Saturday am.

Super psyched for this, and hoping we get one of those killer encores like L'Ville!  :cool:
"Where's Jim going?"

dmooney99

Llama Tooth is closer and i like the name better  :tongue:

Penny Lane

any tix floating around for this show by any chance?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ericm

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 22, 2013, 03:29 PM

Haven't seen any, but will look around.  :beer:

Edit to say there's 2-4 in a thread in the tix section.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

Penny Lane

Quote from: ericm on Apr 22, 2013, 03:57 PM

thanks, eric--i emailed him but was hoping not to get them from a scalper..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ericm

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 22, 2013, 05:30 PM
Quote from: ericm on Apr 22, 2013, 03:57 PM

thanks, eric--i emailed him but was hoping not to get them from a scalper..

What the hell? Guy's posting them here, and scalping?  :angry: NOT COOL!!
"Where's Jim going?"