Is this board dying a slow death?

Started by Tracy 2112, Feb 18, 2013, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaye

Quote from: CC Baxter on Feb 19, 2013, 12:34 PM
oh no, always that damn Teesside Junior Football Alliance! they tried to steal some members back in 2001 but we all stuck together and survived. I know they all look cute in their shorts and stuff but please don't trust the Teesside Junior Football Alliance. they will lure you into their hometown of Middlesbrough, where the sun don't ever shine, and there's really no way back. don't truss em!

:grin:

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: zanjam on Feb 18, 2013, 10:01 PM
Fully is pretty much the only funny person now.  Awesome.

Exaggerating, don't be offended.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

LeanneP

This forum was so much better back when I was young. Kids today don't know how to hang out on a forum.

Get the hell off my lawn!
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

bearass

Fully

Quote from: bearass on Feb 21, 2013, 12:15 AM
.....but i just came back  :cry:

Then stick around!!!! Please. And welcome back!!!! :beer:

johnnYYac

For those who are new or returning from a hiatus from the forum, a brief recap of recent history...

When MMJ hired a new company to design their webpage, they also tried a new forum design and format.  The remnants of that effort are here, still active for issues related to membership in MMJ's fan club, Roll Call.

The  benefit of the new forum was that it brought Roll Call members from the seperate, Roll Call-only fan club site together with the regulars of this forum.  But the format and design of the "new" was frustrating to many, some of whom stopped coming by here so often.  Many have never returned.  :cry:

A number of previously active forum members found Facebook met their needs and seem to have decided that's still the case.  Once we got our "old" forum back, many of those who had left just never came back or post much less frequently. 

I split my time between this place and a Facebook group often mentioned here.  Both sites have their advantages and disadvantages, but for many its too much to keep up with both, so the activity here has suffered. 

I appreciate everyone who continues to make this forum a great place for discussing music and whatever else is on your mind.  I hope this "slow death" is not as dire as some seem to suggest.     

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

I use Facebook to do what it was designed for: wishing people happy birthday, making snarky comments, and organizing secret conspiracies. Here is where I talk about MMJ stuff and drinking. The duplication of effort in both places is often annoying and tiresome, and then I miss something there and/or here.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

JaneCool

I'll be honest about my feelings on this forum - it's not really fun for me because nobody responds to anything I have to say. Not my posts, my photos of the band, nothing. I was actually thinking of changing my forum name to "threadkiller." Sorry, but if you can't get a dialogue going with anyone, then what's the point of coming here?

Reach out to some of the non-regulars and maybe you'll get something going.

So, I do believe.....

sweatboard

Viva La Forum!!  The Forum Shall Rise Again!!  You Can't Keep A Good Forum Down!!

Eye of the tiger -Lyrics-
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

The only thing missing is titties. 

sweatboard

Oh yeah, JaneCool...do you have nice titties?

This is your chance to change your name from "threadkilla" to "threadstealer" 

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: JaneCool on Feb 22, 2013, 10:29 PM
I'll be honest about my feelings on this forum - it's not really fun for me because nobody responds to anything I have to say. Not my posts, my photos of the band, nothing. I was actually thinking of changing my forum name to "threadkiller." Sorry, but if you can't get a dialogue going with anyone, then what's the point of coming here?

Don't take it personally, you just don't post here enough. Your 186 posts only averages to .2 posts a day.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

sweatboard

sweatboard

When I have a BAC above your post per day, YOU have a problem  :drum:

JaneCool

Hilarious.  :rolleyes:

If this is your way of enticing people to post, good luck. And yes sweatboard, they're real and they're spectacular.
So, I do believe.....

sweatboard

sweatboard

Ruckus

Quote from: JaneCool on Feb 22, 2013, 11:49 PM
And yes sweatboard, they're real and they're spectacular.
true :kiss:

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 2112

Quote from: sweatboard on Feb 22, 2013, 11:31 PM
When I have a BAC above your post per day, YOU have a problem  :drum:

Score
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

Quote from: JaneCool on Feb 22, 2013, 10:29 PM

I had to post an awful lot before people really started responding to me. I don't think it's anything personal. I probably talk to you more on Facebook than I do on here. When I see your forum name I forget it's you bc I see your real name more often. I like the immediacy of fb. There are times when a thread gets hot on here that we have the same thing. I love it when we do. It seems like before the forum switch we had it more often. The truth is that while this board took a hit, it is much more alive than when it was all black with gold letters in a white box. Now, THAT was dead. I felt like I was talking to myself over there.