Main Menu

18x26

Started by EverythingChanges, Feb 18, 2013, 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

I need a poster frame that is 18x26 and I can't seem to fine one at Walmart or Garden Ridge.  Does anyone else have a suggestion besides online?  Amazon only has one online frame that size.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

johnnYYac

It depends on the quality you're looking for.  I get a plastic frame for odd sized posters from Craig Frames via Amazon.  They aren't ideal, but relatively inexpensive.  Here's the 18 x 26 from the same company via Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Picture-Poster-Smooth-Finish-1WB3BK/dp/B002BWBAJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361218603&sr=8-1&keywords=18+x+26+frame

You can get a custom frame at your local Michaels store; again, the quality is mid-level.  Otherwise, a custom frame shop. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EverythingChanges

Yeah that is the only frame I have found that is 18x26.  I was hoping to find it in a store for around $20.

1eyed_jack

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Feb 18, 2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah that is the only frame I have found that is 18x26.  I was hoping to find it in a store for around $20.

Another way you could try that I did once, is this.

I think the closest size for yours that is standard is 22x28. Places like Hobby Lobby always have frames 50% off so you could maybe find one that size for the $20-$30 range.

Obviously matting is pricey, so find one of their large pieces of construction paper and pick a color that works like matting and have them use that.

It shouldn't add too much to the cost of the frame and could end up looking surprisingly nice!

EverythingChanges

Quote from: 1eyed_jack on Feb 18, 2013, 11:05 PM

I think the closest size for yours that is standard is 22x28. Places like Hobby Lobby always have frames 50% off so you could maybe find one that size for the $20-$30 range.

Obviously matting is pricey, so find one of their large pieces of construction paper and pick a color that works like matting and have them use that.

It shouldn't add too much to the cost of the frame and could end up looking surprisingly nice!

Nice idea, I'll have to look into this.  Thanks!

1eyed_jack

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Feb 18, 2013, 11:10 PM
Quote from: 1eyed_jack on Feb 18, 2013, 11:05 PM

Nice idea, I'll have to look into this.  Thanks!

Sure thing! Good luck!

deathstick

it's an odd size, but you might have better luck at a Michaels or an AC Moore.

usually they do 12x16, 12x18, 16x20 and then 18x24 as "standard" sizes.

EverythingChanges

I got a 22x28 poster frame and bought a large sheet of black paper for the backing.  It looks great!

Is Jim selling posters at his shows?  If so can someone post a pic of one if they bought one?

touchingmept2

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Mar 04, 2013, 09:54 AM
I got a 22x28 poster frame and bought a large sheet of black paper for the backing.  It looks great!

Is Jim selling posters at his shows?  If so can someone post a pic of one if they bought one?
Very good question, Everything. Has any posters surfaced from this "solo" tour?
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

johnnYYac

Quote from: touchingmept2 on Mar 04, 2013, 01:14 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Mar 04, 2013, 09:54 AM

Very good question, Everything. Has any posters surfaced from this "solo" tour?

http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,17222.0.html

http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,17370.0.html
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

pattilovesmmj

"Michael's" - arts and crafts store has a lot of different sizes.  I bought one there for my Milwuakee June 2011 show.  It was inexpensive and the poster itself is so cool, the frame just was an accessory.