All time Favorite Album Covers

Started by manonthemoon, Feb 20, 2013, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil Ledbetter

Though I have to agree that Menomena Friend and Foe, Zep III, Zappa's Only In It for the Money, and Father John Misty Fear Fun are all terrific covers.
We understand it's the '90s.

Fully

These two explained more about the male anatomy that I ever knew existed. Such a simpler, more innocent time....

Mr. White

Todd Rundgren - A Wizard A True Star (front and back of gatefold album cover)

I decided to take a picture of my original album and upload it. As you can tell, the original pressing had the corners cut out along the geometric designs. Later versions looked like the one I found on the Interweb pictured above.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Here is a classic album cover from Alice Cooper - From The Inside. This is a photo of my original album, sorry it is so beat up. The album design is cool all around. The front opens up like you are opening up the doors of the mental hospital to reveal the "Day Room" with actors dressed up like all the characters in the songs. The back of the album has smaller doors in the middle that open up to reveal Alice being released and bringing out all of his new friends holding their "Released" papers and smiling.

Mr. White

Here is a photo of my Alice Cooper album - Zipper Catches Skin. The words are the lyrics to the whole album from beginning to end. The red stripe is underlining the title "Zipper Catches Skin" ("I guess I had it out when I shoulda kept it in").

The back of the album cover has this picture of Alice in obvious discomfort.

GO4IT

Quote from: Fully on Mar 18, 2013, 11:10 AM

These two explained more about the male anatomy that I ever knew existed. Such a simpler, more innocent time....
Why am I not surprised by these selections from Fully :rolleyes: :grin:

I'll have to dive into my vinyl later to see if I have any contenders.

MarkW

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

bowl of soup

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

bowl of soup

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire