MMJ Free Atlanta Show April 5, 2013?!?!

Started by craigtheowl, Mar 11, 2013, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timescaper

Either use QuickTime or search for Apple lossless audio codec for your player

Fully

Thanks, I'll do that. The video looks good.

spence

I was able to get the video working perfectly as well but with no sound.  I'll have to work on that tonight.  I was able to spot myself though.  That was a fun and impressive set.  It was so crowded trying to leave after MMJ finished.  I heard the Zac Brown folks asking where everyone was going.  I think they thought everyone was there to see Zac.

davymac

My sound wasn't working in VLC, but it does work in Quicktime.

johnnYYac

Quote from: davymac on Apr 09, 2013, 01:21 PM
I didn't even test the file before dropping it into DVD Flick, which converts the .mov file into videoTS files to burn a DVD.  It was running overnight and still going this morning, so I'll report back if I have success.  I prefer to watch these things on the home theater system when I can.  DVD Flick did recognize an audio track, so fingers crossed...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Thanks for the torrent and seeding my lovely forum friends, much appreciated!  :thumbsup: Once it's downloaded I can finally stop playing Mariah Carey! :smiley:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 09, 2013, 01:38 PM
Quote from: davymac on Apr 09, 2013, 01:21 PM
I didn't even test the file before dropping it into DVD Flick, which converts the .mov file into videoTS files to burn a DVD.  It was running overnight and still going this morning, so I'll report back if I have success.  I prefer to watch these things on the home theater system when I can.  DVD Flick did recognize an audio track, so fingers crossed...
FAIL  :undecided:

Looks like I've got a date with my PC and Quicktime...

Fully

I just watched it with Quicktime. Makes me sad to think this is the last show for a good while. I was pleased with how well the crowd finally started getting into it. It was hard to tell where we were. We had to turn around every time Jim went strutting down the catwalk. Also, I could see Carl better on the webcast. That catwalk really cut our vision line down. (Please grow your hair back out, Carl. It looked so hot at The Basement in February with that knit cap on - not that this is a bad haircut)

mahg33ta

Quote from: Fully on Apr 09, 2013, 08:55 PM
I just watched it with Quicktime. Makes me sad to think this is the last show for a good while. I was pleased with how well the crowd finally started getting into it. It was hard to tell where we were. We had to turn around every time Jim went strutting down the catwalk. Also, I could see Carl better on the webcast. That catwalk really cut our vision line down. (Please grow your hair back out, Carl. It looked so hot at The Basement in February with that knit cap on - not that this is a bad haircut)

did you guys get there super-early and have your pick of the rail?   How did you end up where you were?   It seemed (hindsight being 20-20) that what looked like a great spot may not have been as good as nearer the catwalk.

Fully

We were there way early, but there were four entrances where they let everyone in at the same time. It probably would have been nice to be right on catwalk, but we had a great view of Tom, Bo, Patrick, and Jim while he was singing and when he got stressed about his mic issues.

pattilovesmmj

Quote from: mahg33ta on Apr 10, 2013, 09:54 AM
Quote from: Fully on Apr 09, 2013, 08:55 PM
I noticed his hair was shorter as well, and I also thought that he looked super cool with his cap and long hair at the basement show.

Colfax

Hello Jacketeers. J/k

So this is my first post. I'm already downloading the torrent so graciously uploaded for this site. Thanks so much!!

This was my 5th show. And it was exactly like the first four in that I came away feeling incredibly lifted. I had listened to Okokonokis before my first show a few years ago, but seeing the live show really cemented it for me - much like it did for my other favorite band, Phish.

Anyway, after this, my 5th show, I have turned a corner. I think this show finally cemented MMJ with the wife too (Deadhead). She's always enjoyed the shows, but now she's letting me play a lot more MMJ in the car.  I am nearing obsession with this band now and looking to get plugged in with a community that has answers to my noobie questions and where I can read and glean info.

I started the show about 15 rows back, but the sound was distorted so I spent my time next to the soundboard which had great sight and sound lines. I was pretty impressed with the crowd, only about 1/3 of which seemed familiar with MMJ. My bubble of 50 people were either getting down or watching the stage intently. I happened to speak with a few people who were there for ZBB and they LOVED IT. I thought it was a perfect show for this kind of setting. Just balls to the wall rock and roll. I'm sure they gained a lot of new fans from this outing so kudos to them for getting everyone together for it. It probably helped that Lou was in the Final Four. Once you got to the soundboard and beyond, the sound quality was great too. And it was PLENTY loud. My ears were ringing for a good 30 hours.

Anyway, I've always liked Off the Record. It's a nice enough song. But compared to one of my faves -  Highly Suspicious, it feels a little too light and airy for my tastes. But I came away from this show in total love with it and it was the impetus for me to try to find a recording of this show. (Reading thru this entire thread, I'm thrilled to read that the band either has an open taping policy or there are stealth tapers!!). Anyway, one of my first questions to this group is how much do they vary individual songs? I've heard lots of other versions of OTR (including the Red Rocks shows from 2012) and they didn't have nearly as much of an intro jam and certainly not that dark angsty jam that followed. I simply can't wait to hear that song again.

This is long. I'm just pretty amped about this band right now - even nearly a week later.

Anyway, I recently drove across this beautiful country of ours and documented the trip and set it to mostly MMJ songs. If anyone wants to take a peek at pictures from Utah (Bryce and Zion) - check it out:

Utah

So hello friends. I might be hanging out for a bit.

Colfax
Atlanta, GA

Colfax

Oh also, can someone point me in the direction of downloading some good high quality live shows?

I've listened to the Red Rocks 2012 and Okonokos about a zillion times and need more.

thx,

fax

Fully

First place you should go is the music section of the main mmj site. They sell sbd recordings. The Port Chester shows are a must. Then go to archive.org and have at it. Welcome to the forum, Colfax! I was up front and didn't hear any of the distortion that you were talking about, but I guess I was hearing the stage monitors.

Ruckus

Quote from: Colfax on Apr 11, 2013, 12:30 PM
Oh also, can someone point me in the direction of downloading some good high quality live shows?

I've listened to the Red Rocks 2012 and Okonokos about a zillion times and need more.

thx,

fax
Hey welcome Colfax! :beer:  More HQ recordings other than Red Rocks from last year, I'd check out the Port Chester shows that are available for d/l from the main page as well.  Those are a great starting point to exploring the entire live catalog.

As for the OTR, I didn't really catch too much variation on the outro than usual but maybe I was distracted by all the finger touching. :wink:  The extended intro is definitely rarer but they bust it out from time to time such as Merriweather from two years back and I think they did a little at PC as well.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

Welcome Colfax!   If you want to hear a couple of really great sounding older shows, check these out:

Full Band
"http://archive.org/details/mmj2004-05-28.flac16"

Jim Solo
"http://archive.org/details/mmj2001-03-17.KVRX_Radio"
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

Welcome, Colfax! We have a few other Phish/MMJ lovers on here, too..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Also a lot of Deadheads, such as myself, have found MMJ and a return to the joy of live music.

Watch for a PM...

e_wind

I've seen OTR performed live probably 25 times and it just recently became one of my definite favorites in december at the Port Chester shows. I know what you mean with it just clicking...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

davymac

Welcome Colfax!

Funny timing, I just showed a friend a video I took of OTR from this show who has never seen/listened to jacket, and I'm pretty sure he is still trying to find all the bits to his mind, as it was obviously blown away.