MMJ Free Atlanta Show April 5, 2013?!?!

Started by craigtheowl, Mar 11, 2013, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahgeetah34

I also wonder what time I need to line up. I've seen the band 5 times with all of them being in the front row and I don't plan on this being anything less.

Fully

Well, if we get on the rail that's great, but with as many people as are expected to be there, we may not. I've had just as much fun not on the rail as I have on the rail. It's just a different experience.

manonthemoon

I'll be flying solo this go around as the wife is busy with work and can't get away, but thanks for asking. As far as places and location anything would be fine for me and preferrably close to the park or marta as I'll be taking that in from the airport.  I checked out the centennial park website and they have something called Googie Burger listed as close by as well.  I definately want to line up sort of early as well, but didn't know what type of crowd to expect as I cant say I am familiar with Zac Brown's fans.  As long as I end up sort of close, like first 3 or 4 rows I usually enjoy those shows the best just like the Cap series.  I was thinking of eating early and possibly tying on a few before noon since I am getting in so early and then going to wait in line around noon or so. I am sure we'll be able to get a decent group of us close up, hopefully.
Alive or Just Breathing

TheThird

Just a heads up that when I went to the Final Four Big Dance in 2011, there was a pretty big crowd early in the day. But since alot of people were just there since it was free and not necessarily to see the bands, there was alot more movement up front than usual with people leaving to get drinks and food so it wasn't hard to work your way up to the front at all.

By the way, that year it was Panic at the Disco --> Kings of Leon. Still one of the strangest mix of music/crowds I've experienced. *Shudders* At least they got it right this year  :thumbsup:
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

johnnYYac

Make us proud. Is Seth doin' this?  No matter... Take the rail!  And no prisoners, no quarter. If this thing gets streamed, I want to see a full forum take-over. Or not. No pressure.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

willsfc

Ahh.. I'd love to go tape this show.. alas atlanta is 4.5 hours away and i'm low on funds :(
-will

Fully

Thanks for the info, The Third! I had a feeling it would be something like that, but it's good to know from someone who's done it before.

Fully

I just found this on the events page for Centennial Olympic Park

FRIDAY 4/5 -
3:00p - Park opens to the public
4:45-6:00p - Saints of Valory
7:00-8:30p - My Morning Jacket
9:00-10:30 -Zac Brown

So there's your timeframe people...

Clarkwork

Wish we could have a 3 hour Jacket show, but I can't complain about a free show at all.  Should be good either way.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

mahg33ta

from AT&T's press release

As a NCAA Corporate Champion, AT&T continues to connect our fans with their interests and passions — fans of all ages will enjoy the music and the experience of the AT&T Block Party headlined by Zac Brown Band," said Jamie Kerr, Director, AT&T Corporate Sponsorships. "We have a number of fun and interactive activities planned throughout the week for fans in Atlanta and for those following the events online and via social media channels including a live stream of the concert on the AT&T Facebook page."

Fully

Great! Y'all can watch from home.

Is there anyone from Atlanta (Davymac?) who has gone to something here before? If so, where would you recommend entering the park. Is it better to get off the Marta at Peachtree Center or the Georgia Dome station? Where are big stages usually set up. I'd love to know a little more about the set up before we get there.

spence

Fully,
Not sure where the entrance points will be for this but the stage was set up before at the lower (north) end closer to Baker St. where the World of Coke is.  For Marta it just depends on where you are coming from.  The Dome and Peachtree are on separate lines, they are both close so it's not worth changing trains for, I'll be coming from the north so I'll use Peachtree.
There is a pretty good picture of the last concert on the Centennial Park website.

Fully

Thanks for the info, Spence. I appreciate it :thumbsup: I can always depend on forum folk to help me out! :beer:

davymac

Quote from: Fully on Mar 21, 2013, 01:27 PM
Great! Y'all can watch from home.

Is there anyone from Atlanta (Davymac?) who has gone to something here before? If so, where would you recommend entering the park. Is it better to get off the Marta at Peachtree Center or the Georgia Dome station? Where are big stages usually set up. I'd love to know a little more about the set up before we get there.

Fully, I actually hate Atlanta, and spend as little time as possible there.  If the boys ever come back to Athens I can be of more help.  I am a little familiar with the area, but I really have no idea how they are going to layout the stage...that biergarten sounds like a cool place to maybe meet up? Has anyone been there? I wonder if it could hold a bunch of forum people.

Lets definitely get a forum meet n greet...I still have yet to meet y'all!  :beer:

e_wind

does it seem possible that I could buy a flight out at 10PM after the show and make the flight?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

easy way

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 23, 2013, 03:07 PM
does it seem possible that I could buy a flight out at 10PM after the show and make the flight?

That timeframe is gonna be tight, but not out of the question... Hartsfield is one of the largest/busiest airports in the world and Marta is no longer known for its efficiency. If you're going for it, make sure to check in online or use the available kiosks at entry. My wife and I arrived 45 min early and made our flight out to Red Rocks last year...

http://www.itsmarta.com/

It will take you roughly 20 minutes to get from FIVE POINTS to the airport on Marta if the train runs on schedule. I would recommend going on foot from the park to catch the SOUTHBOUND TRAIN at FIVE POINTS so that you don't have to change trains. Also, keep in mind that the Southbound train that you would need to catch runs at 8:44pm... The next train is at 9:04pm. Good luck and I hope this was of some help  :beer:
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

easy way

Quote from: Fully on Mar 23, 2013, 04:13 PM
Yes!

Love the positivity here! With the Jacket, all things are possible    :thumbsup:
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

manonthemoon

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 23, 2013, 03:07 PM

Mines at 9:45 so I hope so !!!!!  But to be fair I'm not traveling with any luggage so I was thinking it would be pretty easy to get through security and what not.
Alive or Just Breathing

e_wind

I'm in the same boat moon, no luggage, flight departs at 950.

Fuck it I'm in.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...