MMJ Free Atlanta Show April 5, 2013?!?!

Started by craigtheowl, Mar 11, 2013, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigtheowl

Just came across this on the NCAA Final 4 website.  It says that My Morning Jacket is opening for The Zack Brown Band in a free show at Centenial park on April 5.  I couldn't believe what I was reading as I ahve heard nothing about them playing any shows in 2013 yet.  Anybody else have info?

http://www.gadome.com/events_ticketing/events/all/1304077.aspx

MattyJD

My friend just sent me this. So pumped. A free MMJ show and Louisville in the final four could be a perfect weekend for me personally :cool:. Hopefully, I can get off work as it says music starts at 3PM on Friday.

craigtheowl

my brother is getting married in Jacksonville that weekend.  :angry:

Fully

It's got to be a Jim show. I really can't see them getting the band rehearsed for one show right as Jim is kicking off his solo tour. Also we haven't heard anything about it on this site. Something isn't right about this.

craigtheowl

that is what I was thinking!  But is weird since jim is playing Atlanta in early May already

tdb810

Quote from: Fully on Mar 11, 2013, 01:00 PM
It's got to be a Jim show. I really can't see them getting the band rehearsed for one show right as Jim is kicking off his solo tour. Also we haven't heard anything about it on this site. Something isn't right about this.
I agree; but I also think a solo Jim show would be more odd for an event like this.  Looking forward to hearing more details  :grin:
.....Back at the Model Home

davymac

Is this real?  If so, my week has been made!!!

easy way

This is truly bizarre... Looking forward to the full details from the band for sure. As Jacket is listed as an opening act, the crowds should be subdued. Living in ATL, I'll be in and out for this one!  :cool:
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

justbcuzido

Quote from: tdb810 on Mar 11, 2013, 02:05 PM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 11, 2013, 01:00 PM
I agree; but I also think a solo Jim show would be more odd for an event like this.  Looking forward to hearing more details  :grin:

I agree with you that it does make more sense MMJ would do the show. I'll keep my fingers crossed for y'all!
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Fully

Maybe CC can give us some information.

tdb810

Quote from: Fully on Mar 11, 2013, 03:28 PM
Maybe CC can give us some information.
Ok, I sent CC a note, just to be really annoying  :evil: :evil: :evil:

tdb810

CC says it should be confirmed shortly, IF true.

TheThird

Quote from: tdb810 on Mar 11, 2013, 03:52 PM

Confirmed as a MMJ show, or Jim show?
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Fully

Cause I would totally drive to Atlanta for a MMJ show this spring. I'm already driving there to see Jim in early May.

rjlemons

Quote from: Fully on Mar 11, 2013, 04:48 PM
Cause I would totally drive to Atlanta for a MMJ show this spring. I'm already driving there to see Jim in early May.

I'll be right behind you.  :thumbsup:

Mahgeetah34

Please, Please, Please be true :smiley: I was just watching some MMJ videos this morning from Okonokos and Red Rocks wondering when I'll get to see the band again

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

tdb810

Quote from: TheThird on Mar 11, 2013, 04:00 PM

I asked if the band was playing; he said IF it's true it should be confirmed shortly. 

Fully

Quote from: tdb810 on Mar 11, 2013, 05:22 PM

I asked if the band was playing; he said IF it's true it should be confirmed shortly.

They could have been offered a ridiculous sum to play or thought the exposure was too good to pass up...(even though I think it's Jim by himself, I really want it to be MMJ and true).

zanjam

Quote from: tdb810 on Mar 11, 2013, 05:22 PM

Sounds like a show to me.  Wow you lucky east coasters, yet again!
anything + reverb always = better